Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Curious, when did he say that ? Do you have a link ?
Was on the radio. I think 91.9 , so it is probably somewhere on their site. I listen to it in my car so, hard for me to find a link. I’m sure he hasn’t done 50 interviews on there since the draft, so might not be hard to find.

Reactions: Andrei79

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think quick was a great goalie. But you have a better argument to say that his career in total was better than price than to say that his peak was better than price.

Actually, Price's peak is the strength of his greatness argument rather than his weakness.

Also. not to discredit quick, but the kings were such a finely tuned machine back then that they were able to plug in goalies like scrivens and budaj, and they were also able to spit out some really good numbers too.
Quicks peak was very short but he was out of his mind in 2011-12.

69gp 1.95 gaa .929 sv% and then 1.14 and .946 in the playoffs in 20 games.

Price has never put up a regular season & playoffs like that

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022

Quick and price were my two favourite goalies of this generation (top 4 fav goalies all time are Brodeur, price, belfour and quick).

Quick put up the best playoff performance from a goalie I have ever seen. Better than 2011 Thomas and better than 2003 Giguere.

Even then, if I had to pick price or quick at their peak, I'm taking Price. I'd be curious to see what quick would have looked like infront of those horrid Habs teams that price had to carry

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Quick and price were my two favourite goalies of this generation (top 4 fav goalies all time are Brodeur, price, belfour and quick).

Quick put up the best playoff performance from a goalie I have ever seen. Better than 2011 Thomas and better than 2003 Giguere.

Even then, if I had to pick price or quick at their peak, I'm taking Price. I'd be curious to see what quick would have looked like infront of those horrid Habs teams that price had to carry
Much better to have Kopi and Quick than Price and Lats. No question LOL.

Reactions: HabzSauce

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Price from 2014 to 2015 was the best goaltending I've seen in a long long time. I know there was the krieder play in between but his play during this time basically gave him the best goaltender on the planet reputation amongst his peers for the next few years.

Quick was fantastic as well.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

You mean the same year? Because he's done both, only the Kings were a powerhouse and Price did it with teams bleeding chances.

On the previous subject, whining about the Price pick at 5(not taking about you) is insanity at this point. He's a HOFer... You can find HOF defensemen in the second round, but that doesn't mean you skip on Hughes or Dahlin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad