Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
After watching this team in the defensive zone the first 4 games it shows how much we need help defensively and why picking him made tons of sense. Aside from Guhle, we don't have someone else who can log lots of tough minutes and be trusted enough defensively to help hold a lead late in a game.
100% , need a freaking defensive breakup/stop here and there , the merry go round around our net needs to end!

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Not saying you are wrong but curious to know what tools you think he don't have?
He is big but not overly physical, big shot but not great at walking the blue line to use it or get open, he is poised with the puck and move it efficiently but doesn’t have great stick handling or creativity. He was drafted because he was a RD and is floor was higher his celling was also high but he isn’t a impact player he his doing the small / right thing which is also very valuable but still it isn’t a slam dunk that he is the next Slavin, maybe he just above avg. #4.
Dobson, Pietrangelo and some other name I read were dominating everything everywhere, Reinbacher showed flashes but I have never considered him to be dominating, those D year numbers were very misleading.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He is big but not overly physical, big shot but not great at walking the blue line to use it or get open, he is poised with the puck and move it efficiently but doesn’t have great stick handling or creativity. He was drafted because he was a RD and is floor was higher his celling was also high but he isn’t a impact player he his doing the small / right thing which is also very valuable but still it isn’t a slam dunk that he is the next Slavin, maybe he just above avg. #4.
Dobson, Pietrangelo and some other name I read were dominating everything everywhere, Reinbacher showed flashes but I have never considered him to be dominating, those D year numbers were very misleading.

I tend to agree with all of this. That was my gut feeling when we drafted Reinbacher as well. I think he's more of a stable top 4D than a top pairing stud. I have H Lindholm on my mind (at best).

Hope he gets healthy and surprises us. If he is at least a work horse that chews up min's for the coach and is trusted, we will be fine with this pick. We do need stable guys on D that get the job done

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad