Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
And the point is that many see Michkov as more likely to hit his ceiling and that ceiling being much higher than Reinbacher's. If a few years from now Michkov is a ppg+ first line winger and Reinbacher is a 2nd pairing D, any notion of Reinbacher having equal or higher value because of position will fly out the window. Reinbacher becoming a bonafide first pairing D is far from a sureshot.
You still need to keep in mind that Michkov had question marks about if and when he'd come over to North America, and there were rumours that he wasn't meeting with certain teams or giving terrible interviews, and also a rumours about his attitude not being the greatest. And also, maybe we don't draft Demidov if we had drafted Michkov.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You still need to keep in mind that Michkov had question marks about if and when he'd come over to North America, and there were rumours that he wasn't meeting with certain teams or giving terrible interviews, and also a rumours about his attitude not being the greatest. And also, maybe we don't draft Demidov if we had drafted Michkov.

Never draft for need. Draft BVA.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Noah Dobson showed sign of life 4 years after he been drafted. Can we be patient with Reinbacher please. Big players take more time to developp, especially Dman. He is gonna be a good one.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Not a single NHL game played by either of them and we're already being handed the bag full of excuses to justify the decision? Damn! Even *I* didn't think it would happen so fast.

I hope Reinbacher will be OK. I have high hopes for him despite everything else.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Reinbacher injury is much more crucial to Montreal than Laine. Reinbacher #5 pick, plays high end position, he's cornerstone piece to the team. This pushes rebuild back a year if not more. Might have to toss out '26 as the year.

Laine jury still out what we were going to get. He's hasn't played in almost a year, has lengthy injury history, missed half of last season on player assistant program. Most say 50/50 he scores 30 if injury never happened.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Not being able to watch one of your top prospects play for an extended period of time blows especially when you hated the pick from the start and you're still looking for something concrete that could help you warm up to it. Won't happen this year I guess.

The uncertainty is so annoying, can't shake the feeling that this will not end well for us. Again. Really hope I'm wrong obviously.

And this is nothing personal, he's a great kid and I wish him well. I just have top pick bust PTSD. Get well soon DR.

Reactions: Miller Time

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Reinbacher injury is much more crucial to Montreal than Laine. Reinbacher #5 pick, plays high end position, he's cornerstone piece to the team. This pushes rebuild back a year if not more. Might have to toss out '26 as the year.

Laine jury still out what we were going to get. He's hasn't played in almost a year, has lengthy injury history, missed half of last season on player assistant program. Most say 50/50 he scores 30 if injury never happened.
Reinbacher wasn’t making the team, it not like he had some crazy progression either he is a high floor prospect which might play a important role but it will likely be a supporting role and he wasn’t going to make or break the rebuild next season, healthy Laine we had a lot more hope of having a impact would have done more because it help Dach which is very important to this rebuild and take some pressure off the 1st line. How many guy in the NHL score 30g in a season even if he would have had 25g pretty sure it a very successful season.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Noah Dobson showed sign of life 4 years after he been drafted. Can we be patient with Reinbacher please. Big players take more time to developp, especially Dman. He is gonna be a good one.

Seriously...
You'd think a fan base that has enjoyed the likes of Markov, PK & Weber would have at least some clue that many, many dmen take years before growing into elite top pairing players.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
That isn’t what happened. Go back and watch it in slow motion. If you look, he actually injures himself on the zone entry prior to any contact - he drags his left foot as he’s coming to a stop, bending his knee at an extremely awkward angle as he enters the zone. The hit, which was to his right side, was coincidental, and he falls because he was already injured.
No
The injury occurred when he fell *on* his left knee
Meniscus is a sort of cushioning for the bottom of the femur constantly landing *on* on the top of tibia

Tears vary, outside, inside, completely across
Unfortunately you're out for a while

Lets just hope next time we go with the BPA
I wish we went BPA at #26 overall in 2022 personally as well :)

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
What kind of nonsense is this post?

Literally not 1 player from that draft has played 1 full NHL season.

You're about 4 years too early to start talking "BPA" for the 5OA spot without sounding ridiculous.

Literally?

No
The injury occurred when he fell *on* his left knee
Meniscus is a sort of cushioning for the bottom of the femur constantly landing *on* on the top of tibia

Tears vary, outside, inside, completely across
Unfortunately you're out for a while

I wish we went BPA at #26 overall in 2022 personally as well :)

We did

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
tenor.gif

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Hugues in an interview mentionned that Reinbacher would stay around the Habs team (not Laval) during his rehab and they would keep him involved with the coaching staff / team (like Kirby last year)

Reactions: Miller Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad