Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I know how you roll, I just wanted to hear your take. Cause even though it feels gloomy I do feel like there’s finally competent management, even though the jury is still out cause we need some time to see. I wholeheartedly disagree with your post that I originally responded to though. :DD
It would be boring if we all agreed anyways. We lucked out with Demidov it may make us forget Reinbachergate in the end. Why don’t you just admit I’m right as usual , and get it over with ? Save some time ?

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Cinemaforum

Jul 15, 2022

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
It sucks his injury got lost in the Laine injury shuffle a bit. Honestly, I just feel terrible for the kid. I thought he would have a good year in Laval and maybe get a call-up game or two.

Someone somewhere sold their soul to the devil for us to make it to the finals in 21 and this is the price we're paying. I'm not even religious and that's the only plausible theory I can come up with for these injuries.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Jul 6, 2016
It sucks his injury got lost in the Laine injury shuffle a bit. Honestly, I just feel terrible for the kid. I thought he would have a good year in Laval and maybe get a call-up game or two.

Someone somewhere sold their soul to the devil for us to make it to the finals in 21 and this is the price we're paying. I'm not even religious and that's the only plausible theory I can come up with for these injuries.
LOL !

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I could be wrong but i think the agenda is and this is how i see it since KH was hired :

2024-25 : still "tanking" i.e. waiting for the kids to be ready
2025-26 : deadwood is mostly gone and we try to make the playoffs but without mortgaging the future and we come short because of a lack of experience
2026-27 : deadwood is hopefully all gone and we want to make the playoffs (should trade to fill holes) and we will probably be eliminated in 1st or 2nd round because of a lack of experience
2027-28 : go for it mortgaging the "not ready soon" future is an option
It was the same idea 3 years ago, most were saying 3-5 years to be a contender

Montrealcowboys

Jan 7, 2020
@Lafleurs Guy if the out of town thread gets to remain an oversaturated Michkov fan club;

Surely you'd consider doing more on a thread actually dedicated to our prospect?

Because if you're gonna take such a hard stance on the obvious over exposure in one thread to that particular player and the whole reason even the mundane they accomplish is brought up, we should provide stricter rules here?

Using a freak knee injury to the player to talk about how they shouldn't have been picked? Using an injury to being up "BPA" which we know is the thinnest veiled way to try to bring Michkov into this discussion? Using terms like Bustbacher and other general terms of disrespect toward a nice 19 year old kid who has already been cyber bullied on draft night, by many of the people who complained they get backlash about posting clips of Michkov skating to the bench in the out of town thread?

Like always it seems a concerted effort on the boards part to protect the actual toxic behavior on the board rather than stop it. Honestly, putting your foot down on posts calling out toxic and obsessive behavior is being deemed worse than the cess pool of this thread? The discourse around Reinbacher since he was drafted? The same cast of characters who did it against Slafkovsky too?

Lets really think this through and determine what needs to be shut down first.
I don't think Reinbacher is the only 19 year old that has been disrespected.

Last edited:

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I don't think Reinbacher is the only 19 year old that has been disrespected.
I don't even think what we're doing here is anything close to disrespect. Part of being a pro is to be able to ignore funny nicknames on HFforums of all places. big difference between discussion here vs attacking him via DM on his social handles

• Love

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
One of the overlooked silver linings to his injury is that he'll accrue less pro games and make him less likely to be eligible to the upcoming expansion drafts.

I'm not too worried about his development. More worried about his future health and durability.

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024

I remember thinking something along the lines of I don't care how much we suck for how long I will give anything please for the love of Christ just let us eliminate the Leafs 😂

• Haha

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
A top pairing RHD is the hardest asset to find. On the opposite, if they are star-level forward, small winger holds marginal value and you can find them each and every year for fringe assets.

This general rule works, but is limited by the actual output of the player.

In other words, you'd have a hard time trying to trade for Stankoven by offering Barron.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I don't even think what we're doing here is anything close to disrespect. Part of being a pro is to be able to ignore funny nicknames on HFforums of all places. big difference between discussion here vs attacking him via DM on his social handles

Exactly

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
One of the overlooked silver linings to his injury is that he'll accrue less pro games and make him less likely to be eligible to the upcoming expansion drafts.

I'm not too worried about his development. More worried about his future health and durability.

Sometimes these surgeries end up being a blessing in disguise and it fixes something that isn't unhealthy with the knee but might not be structurally sound. Advances in medicine for things like this are pretty spectacular.

Missed game time sucks a lot but he's so young that I don't think it does anything but delay his arrival and put Mailloux in the drivers seat to graduate on the right side first and give Barron more runway.

Reactions: LaP and badfish

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Sometimes these surgeries end up being a blessing in disguise and it fixes something that isn't unhealthy with the knee but might not be structurally sound. Advances in medicine for things like this are pretty spectacular.

Missed game time sucks a lot but he's so young that I don't think it does anything but delay his arrival and put Mailloux in the drivers seat to graduate on the right side first and give Barron more runway.

It's still highly worrisome.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
It's still highly worrisome.
I agree but it may help long term that Reinbacher isn't going to push for a spot until mid next season instead of this year. It gives more time to evaluate other RD prospects and also Bach more time to physically develop.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
This general rule works, but is limited by the actual output of the player.

In other words, you'd have a hard time trying to trade for Stankoven by offering Barron.

Yes because Barron is not a top pair RHD.

Stankoven would not bring anything close to a top pair RHD in a trade either.

I know you want to imply that Reinbacher has to become it. But useless semantics aside, like him being a 2D, Reinbacher has absolutely been drafted for his ability to play the top pair on the right side and constantly win his defensive assognment and defending the rush against other team top line night after night.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yes because Barron is not a top pair RHD.

Stankoven would not bring anything close to a top pair RHD in a trade either.

And the point is that many see Michkov as more likely to hit his ceiling and that ceiling being much higher than Reinbacher's. If a few years from now Michkov is a ppg+ first line winger and Reinbacher is a 2nd pairing D, any notion of Reinbacher having equal or higher value because of position will fly out the window. Reinbacher becoming a bonafide first pairing D is far from a sureshot.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
And the point is that many see Michkov as more likely to hit his ceiling and that ceiling being much higher than Reinbacher's. If a few years from now Michkov is a ppg+ first line winger and Reinbacher is a 2nd pairing D, any notion of Reinbacher having equal or higher value because of position will fly out the window. Reinbacher becoming a bonafide first pairing D is far from a sureshot.

100% agree, but it would also be intellectually honest from the people having this opinion to acknowledge the real value and scarcity of the top pairing archetype Reinbacher projects to be.

A friendly reminder that Toronto has no such type despite dangling Marner and Nylander on the trade market. Dallas top 3D are all LHD. Take a look at our prospect pool, ott traded chychrun for jensen to correct their imbalance and etc. Etc.

Reactions: Hinterland

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
To all those who argue that we should have went Michkov and then figure out the trade route. (having Slaf, Caufield, Demidov, Laine and Michkov).

Surely this board would be behind trading the "extra" here in a similar trade than Hall-Larsson. It would not scream disaster at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad