Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Cole can't score like he used to, he isn't that scoring dynamo we remember (for now)
Newhook kinda sucks (for now)
Slaf is not near his peak
Suzuki is good and he's the type of player who should remain quite good for a long time.

If what you're saying is true, then it's too bad, because our core just isn't good enough yet.
It's pretty obvious our forwards aren't good enough. If Demidov is as good as some believe, and Slaf gets to his top potential, and Laine comes back (probably next year) and can produce near ppg, then yes, maybe we can go somewhere. Otherwise, no. We have boat anchors on the 3rd and 4th line eating away the cap space.

On the D side I think the upside is there for a very good top 4, but we'll have to see just how good they can be.

Reactions: River Meadow

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
No its not. Nobody would trade Kucherov or Pastrnak for Gustav Forsling.

Nor would Dallas trade Heiskanen for either.

Why has Chicago preferred Levshunov over Bedard elite linemate for the entirety of their career?

Why were 3 RHD picked above any LHD in the 2024 draft?

Why was Nemec picked above Cooley and Wright?

How is Toronto quest going for a this top pairing RHD? Best they had is Tanev and they had to throw six years even tho he is 34YO.

Why do Brett Pesce, Matt Roy and Tanev received bigger contract than Marchessault?

And we are not talking about top pairing archetype like Reinbacher. We are talking mainly about stable top 4D who don't have any offense.

Finally, where were Benson and Caufield picked? Catton? Jarvis? What was Savoie value on the trade market? These archetype are always available in every draft and often outside the top 10.

A top pairing RHD is the hardest asset to find. On the opposite, if they are star-level forward, small winger holds marginal value and you can find them each and every year for fringe assets.

Reactions: junyab

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Does he?
Simashev scored just 11 points last season...in 80 KHL games. Reinbacher scored 11 points for a terrible Kloten team alone. In 35 games.
Michkov was chased outta St.Petersburg once again and got benched and scratched in Sochi as well.
Danielson did not meet expectations in the WHL...and I say that as a big fan of his.
Dvorsky was benched and scratched in Oskarshamn, returned to junior hockey just a few weeks after saying that he's done playing vs kids and ready to play vs men.
But had a very up and down season in the KHL...was mostly a non factor.
Yager, Wood, Willander and Leonard played good seasons I guess but nothing too crazy either.
The only one to really exceed expectations was Benson but personally, I have my doubts regarding his upside.
That's a weird way of saying "Got mishandled by the team that is notorious for mishandling young players as evidenced by giving their current best player 12 minutes a night, then went to a shitty team and put up nearly a PPG season before coming to NA and tearing it up in preseason".

Also very funny to describe Leonard's freshman college season as a "good season I guess"

Reactions: Mrb1p

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That's a weird way of saying "Got mishandled by the team that is notorious for mishandling young players as evidenced by giving their current best player 12 minutes a night, then went to a shitty team and put up nearly a PPG season before coming to NA and tearing it up in preseason".
You're just making excuses. The reality is that he did get scratched by multiple coaches. But of course, people are gonna blame Torts once Michkov is locked away in his dog house...which is bound to happen. It's never gonna be Michkov's fault. You heard it here first.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
You're just making excuses. The reality is that he did get scratched by multiple coaches. But of course, people are gonna blame Torts once Michkov is locked away in his dog house...which is bound to happen. It's never gonna be Michkov's fault. You heard it here first.
Yeah I'm sure the guy who said his team is "starving for the type of plays [Michkov] can make" is gonna be itching to send him to Lehigh Valley

Reactions: Devonator

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I do find it quite funny that people are saying "poor Laine" while calling Reinbacher a bust and trashing him. Laine has, at this point, done nothing for us. At least Reinbacher has been in the organization for a couple years.

Will he turn into Ryan Murray? Let's hope not. Murray would have been one of the best defenseman of all-time, as far as I'm concerned. But couldn't stay healthy. But I'm not going to write of Reinbacher as injury prone on a freak injury. Fingers crossed this is his last long-term injury.
Well said

Reactions: Natey

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Does he?
Simashev scored just 11 points last season...in 80 KHL games. Reinbacher scored 11 points for a terrible Kloten team alone. In 35 games.
Michkov was chased outta St.Petersburg once again and got benched and scratched in Sochi as well.
Danielson did not meet expectations in the WHL...and I say that as a big fan of his.
Dvorsky was benched and scratched in Oskarshamn, returned to junior hockey just a few weeks after saying that he's done playing vs kids and ready to play vs men.
But had a very up and down season in the KHL...was mostly a non factor.
Yager, Wood, Willander and Leonard played good seasons I guess but nothing too crazy either.
The only one to really exceed expectations was Benson but personally, I have my doubts regarding his upside.

Well I don't think it's a sure thing but my thoughts are draft+1 and 2 will likely fall below the rest of the pack with the injuries. It is what it is, can't predict future.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nor would Dallas trade Heiskanen for either.

Why has Chicago preferred Levshunov over Bedard elite linemate for the entirety of their career?

Why were 3 RHD picked above any LHD in the 2024 draft?

Why was Nemec picked above Cooley and Wright?

How is Toronto quest going for a this top pairing RHD? Best they had is Tanev and they had to throw six years even tho he is 34YO.

Why do Brett Pesce, Matt Roy and Tanev received bigger contract than Marchessault?

And we are not talking about top pairing archetype like Reinbacher. We are talking mainly about stable top 4D who don't have any offense.

Finally, where were Benson and Caufield picked? Catton? Jarvis? What was Savoie value on the trade market? These archetype are always available in every draft and often outside the top 10.

A top pairing RHD is the hardest asset to find. On the opposite, if they are star-level forward, small winger holds marginal value and you can find them each and every year for fringe assets.
Buddy Heiskanen is a top 5 in the league defender, and I'm sure they'd at least strongly consider it. Reinbacher aint Heiskanen.

It's funny that you're using draft blunders such as Levshunov at 2, Benson and Caufields position as proof.

This just proves that teams are run by buffoons too.

Reactions: mdk

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
You’re so sensitive; learn how to handle different opinions without excluding people. He has every right to be irate that we passed on Michkov.

With that being said, I hope Reinbacher bounces back.
There's sharing an opinion and just plain b---ing and complaining half a dozen times on each page.

You can’t project potential future injuries that haven’t happened yet at the draft table. This is just super unfortunate. Slafkovsky missed half a season, Caufield half a season, Dach a full season, Reinbacher now a season, Guhle constantly hurt. I think management has done a relatively good job so far, but nothing is more frustrating in a rebuild then not getting to see your young players grow during the losing process.
Not sure why you were replying to my post. I didn't say anything about Reinbacher's previous injury history.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Buddy Heiskanen is a top 5 in the league defender, and I'm sure they'd at least strongly consider it. Reinbacher aint Heiskanen.

It's funny that you're using draft blunders such as Levshunov at 2, Benson and Caufields position as proof.

Funny thing is, there's also gonna be drafts where RD are undervalued. Look at 2018, do Bouchard and Dobson fall that far in a redraft?

This is why reaching for need is so dumb. Leaguewide scarcities change all the time, just get the best prospect and trade redundancies. You might not get full value, but you'll always get better value than reaching for inferior players.

Reactions: mdk and Mrb1p

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Let's not be as soft as the current Habs team. I'm with Oz on this, and wish there was more thick-skin folks and free speech not only on this board, but in society in general.

Bustbacher is quite ridiculous though. Way too early to label him a bust, but I do understand the frustration of the last few days affecting the judgment of a few members.

I couldn't agree more on the free speech+thick skin comments, and just for clarification, the Bustbacher nickname wasn't meant to be taken literally as if he's an actual bust. This has been clarified before a few times. It's just a cute nickname, though at this point I am hoping it does not become a self-fulling prophecy.. which it should NOT if his knee issues fully resolve. His skating will be a huge part of his game and he can become a smooth operator in the mold of a Jay Bouwmeester (hopefully)

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
The Juulsen analogy is a weird one, because it's not like injuries prevented him from achieving what is typical of a late first round pick. If you take off the rose-coloured glasses, there's nothing about Juulsens two post-draft years (which were mostly healthy) that would suggest he would be more than a #4-6 defenseman at the NHL level. The injury bug certainly took hold of him, but that is essentially what he has turned into - a depth NHL defenseman. Very typical for a #26th overall pick.

I don't think because Juulsen was injured and eventually turned into a depth defenseman that we can expect Reinbacher will eventually turn into a depth defenseman. The reality is many of the things that made him a nearly consensus top-10 pick still apply - the skill, the mentality, etc. If anything this injury may delay him from achieving what he was going to become, but it doesn't condemn him to eventually being a depth defenseman.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
It's a never ending nightmare with this guy what a disaster

Habs fans dream about Smith/MM all year.
Price fumble the announcement.
D+1 in Kloten his production is cut in half and he goes -15
D+2 1 bad pre-season game in Toronto,
Season ending Injury 5 seconds into game 2

Well, when you put it like that...

:cry:

• Wow
Reactions: Devonator

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I'd say oh well at least they tried for the boom.

What's the boom with David? Even Hughes said he was most likely a 2nd D.
He was referring to 2nd PP D, not 2nd line D. SMH

"Probably a 2D. I'm not sure he's gonna run a first powerplay in the NHL."

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
The Juulsen analogy is a weird one, because it's not like injuries prevented him from achieving what is typical of a late first round pick. If you take off the rose-coloured glasses, there's nothing about Juulsens two post-draft years (which were mostly healthy) that would suggest he would be more than a #4-6 defenseman at the NHL level. The injury bug certainly took hold of him, but that is essentially what he has turned into - a depth NHL defenseman. Very typical for a #26th overall pick.

I don't think because Juulsen was injured and eventually turned into a depth defenseman that we can expect Reinbacher will eventually turn into a depth defenseman. The reality is many of the things that made him a nearly consensus top-10 pick still apply - the skill, the mentality, etc. If anything this injury may delay him from achieving what he was going to become, but it doesn't condemn him to eventually being a depth defenseman.
I think there's legitimate concern that repeated knee injuries will affect his mobility moving forward which is really his selling point right now.

If that gets compromised I think his projection falls from top 4 D to bottom pairing.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

Panarin and Kucherov are top 5 concession winger too. Michkov aint it too my dear.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
He was referring to 2nd PP D, not 2nd line D. SMH

"Probably a 2D. I'm not sure he's gonna run a first powerplay in the NHL."
I think that pretty unambiguously means a 2D (top pairing defenseman, but not one that drives the play - see Brent Seabrook).

I don't see that upside for him, but would be great if he could become that.

Panarin and Kucherov are top 5 concession winger too. Michkov aint it too my dear.
Kucherov and Panarin weren't Kucherov and Panarin at 19. Michkov could very well turn into a top 5 winger in his prime.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
That is as true as Reinbacher becoming a top 10D in this league man
Is that true though? Michkov is outperforming the two you mentioned at the same age, and with 2nd line minutes and 1st PP duties will likely outscore Kucherov's rookie season (and maybe even his sophomore one).

Reinbacher isn't even tracking as well as Josi who was his only comparable from his league who became a top 10 D, and he was a 2nd round pick who was a year younger in his D+1.

Is there anything suggesting Reinbacher has the projection of a top 10 D beyond pure, unfiltered copium?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad