Player Discussion David Pastrnak

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Game 6 was not Pasta's best game. He seemed not 100% engaged, imo, like he had been in some of the previous games. There was a play where the Panthers were attacking the B's zone. A FLA player was coming down the left wing, B's Dman was on him but he still could've made a pass to the FLA player charging down the slot. Pasta was trailing that player in the slot. FLA player stops skating, anticipating a pass coming his way possibly. Pasta, a step behind that player, stopped skating too. I was yelling at the TV: keep skating, get in a position to disrupt the play!

Obviously a great offensive talent, and I'm happy to have his goals. When he's engaged, he plays good defensively and is actually fairly physical. I just wish he was a little more consistent in his all-round game.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That you aren't adding anything if value to your back and forth with me other than you don't agree and want everyone to know it.

We got that 6 replies ago.
Lol, u came in with your pathetic +\- take.

while i agree ... if he could clean up all the carelessness with the puck, especially in the playoffs, the public would moan and groan a lot less (imo)
No doubt.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
Lol, u came in with your pathetic +\- take.

No doubt.

A minus 2 on the playoffs is pathetic because it shows you the results you don't want to accept.

Best believe if he was plus 10 it wouldn't of been pathetic.

Imagine thinking 5 goals is great. Especially when you're giving up 7.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I expected some pushback, so no big deal :laugh:

Maybe the Bruins will pick up the next Zetterberg and Pavelski in the late rounds and I'll look like the idiot that I am.

Maybe they'll be mediocre for the next 5 or so years.

I will ask this though, and hopefully it won't be met with derision. Does anyone believe that they've seen progress in Pasta's playoff game over the last X amount of years? I don't mean points, I'm talking about mojo. Maybe I just can't see it for whatever reason.
I think he’s improves his jam and fight for space and been heavier on the puck

He’s a RW and he’s easy to locate - he’s on the right side & he’s drawing extra bodies and contact in the playoffs

Does he get elite chances - every game

He creates he scores

He had a breakaway he just misses another time on Marchand on that 2 on 1

He’s there - he’s a game breaker

He is what he is

I don’t know you but you write well thought out posts I’d say have a good sense of humor- just accept him for what he’s good at

He can score 45-60 goals
Outstanding underrated passer
He competes he’s not a p***y
He leads - he’s beloved and approachable not a diva hair on that head
He is a great human and cares an ultimate team guy

so he turns puck over and can’t right

I never grasped the saying ‘have your cake and eat it to’ but I think this is you when it comes to Pasta

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
A minus 2 on the playoffs is pathetic because it shows you the results you don't want to accept.

Best believe if he was plus 10 it wouldn't of been pathetic.

Imagine thinking 5 goals is great. Especially when you're giving up 7.
Marchand, Bertuzzi and Bergeron had worse +\-.

So top half of top 6.

Do better before I throw u out of the club with Rats Reign, honk.

• Haha
Reactions: Save By Thomas

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I’m not saying they should move him, but I’m not hanging up at the mention of his name
Absolutely. Very few players are untradeable. If you can get a massive asset for Pasta who knows? In my book it would have to be a true stud #1D or #1C. Even then make damn sure it’s not a hunch. If not, you do indeed hang up the phone immediately so as not to do something stupid IMO.

But some people here are suggesting he basically sucks. That’s histrionic silliness. Some are going to look back in a week or so and feel their toes curl at what they typed last night and today and then hope no one else remembers their drama show.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
People were saying his production would falter this season without Begeron or Krejci on the team, and that his success was a byproduct of playing with those two.

Well, he was 3pts shy of matching last year's point totals with 110 and that was without scoring a powerplay goal from January onwards until the playoffs.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Thank god for posters like you.

This place is a mess today with the same fools posting stupid stuff.

But I actually do think it's ok to suggest the super greats find ways to put those breakaways in in big games in the playoffs. That was what made someone like Mario a legend.

I think we can love Pasta and say that.

Reactions: BBruins and Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
But I actually do think it's ok to suggest the super greats find ways to put those breakaways in in big games in the playoffs. That was what made someone like Mario a legend.

I think we can love Pasta and say that.
We sure can what did he have 1 goal in the series,and he had some pretty dammed good scoring chances this series unlike in the Leafs series where he got the shit pounded out of him,love you Pasta but also disappointed in you .

Reactions: BBruins

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Pasta leaves everyone wanting more and never getting it when it counts. Someone mentioned trading him for Brady Tkachuk. I would do that and not even think twice about it.

He doesn’t get up for big games and seems to only be playing for the name on the back of his jersey. I wouldn’t mind seeing his disappearing act on another team. I can’t stand his lack of effort like last night on the icing where he didn’t bother hustling. It is equally frustrating to watch him miss a shot and instantly looking up to the rafters instead of continuing immediately. It’s all about Pasta.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
We sure can what did he have 1 goal in the series,and he had some pretty dammed good scoring chances this series unlike in the Leafs series where he got the shit pounded out of him,love you Pasta but also disappointed in you .

Yeah I think it's fine to say that. You want your super stars to shine bright. If Pasta played at the level Swayman did, probably we win in 6.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
All you do is laugh at my posts. This is the first time you've directly addressed me. I "get off" shitting on Pasta? Ma'am? Where have I said anything bad about Pasta? Cause you won't find a damn post where I've done that. Wanting him to SHOW UP in the playoffs like everyone else isn't "shitting on" him. Funny though, you reply to me, but have you replied to those who want him traded? And have said worse things? Nope. You haven't. Just me. And we both know why.

And why are you bringing DeBrusk in this? I've said my peace about Jake, and I'm not the only one. My "boy" showed up this playoffs for this team. Yeah he did. I'm happy for him. But this is a team game in case you forgot. So unless Pasta and everyone else who didn't show up, we're not winning anything. Which was proven this playoffs.

We don't get to the playoffs without Pasta. Yeah you're right. And we don't win without him. So we need him to elevate his game. If he can be dominant with the players on his line in the regular season, there's no reason why he can't in the playoffs.

Cut the crap. Put me on ignore instead of trolling me. You'll feel much better!

You should go back and read your own posts.

You are right about ignoring you. You bring nothing to any conversation. You go out of your way to annoy other posters.

IMG_1032.gif

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pasta leaves everyone wanting more and never getting it when it counts. Someone mentioned trading him for Brady Tkachuk. I would do that and not even think twice about it.

He doesn’t get up for big games and seems to only be playing for the name on the back of his jersey. I wouldn’t mind seeing his disappearing act on another team. I can’t stand his lack of effort like last night on the icing where he didn’t bother hustling. It is equally frustrating to watch him miss a shot and instantly looking up to the rafters instead of continuing immediately. It’s all about Pasta.
Trade Pasta & McAvoy….they don’t get it done in playoffs - DeBrusk is a floater…..

Do we really trust Don Sweeney to draft ?

I turned on WEEI hockey show and these were first (and only) 2 callers I heard

Yikes

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
My lord, imagine blaming this all on Pasta when his center is f***ing Morgan Geekie. Who do you think Paul Maurice is gameplanning for and having Barkov shadow?

But this assumes every player has equal responsibility in the lineup.

I'd have to double check, but Pasta must make within 2M of all the other wingers on the team COMBINED. Ponder that. So we're going to expect him to lead from the front in big moments. That's all.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Playing for name on back - too funny

The little boy from Vermont who cries wolf

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Cmon dude. The only thing he didn’t do enough of was scoring. There were reasons for that. He’s gotten better every year when it comes to hustling in the playoffs. I have no problems with his effort. He’s a high risk player. If you didn’t have him, you would complain that we need a scorer. You also are watching the playoffs. Tons of bad takes here.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Pasta is immensely talented, but I do believe he is served better to have an equal or a better all around player, as his line mate. He's better served being the 2nd best player on a team. At this stage, I do not believe he handles carrying a team, very well. It effects his overall game, as he tries too hard to force things, just to make something happen.(his blind back passes that turn into scoring chances for the other team....OMG=infuriating)

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Trade Pasta & McAvoy….they don’t get it done in playoffs - DeBrusk is a floater…..

Do we really trust Don Sweeney to draft ?

I turned on WEEI hockey show and these were first (and only) 2 callers I heard

Yikes
The ignore feature is your friend!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad