David Desharnais - Part V - Lovely Player Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Whatever he does people will constantly bash on him :handclap:

I wonder how can you be so defensive about DD like he's actually doing his job so far this season. Even if he's not a goal scorer, the minutes he gets, the quality of his linemates and the number of time he spends on the PP, 1G in 15 games is pathetic.

At 5 on 5, including last year's playoffs, he has 0 goal in his last 37 games.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
I wonder how can you be so defensive about DD like he's actually doing his job so far this season. Even if he's not a goal scorer, the minutes he gets, the quality of his linemates and the number of time he spends on the PP, 1G in 15 games is pathetic.

At 5 on 5, including last year's playoffs, he has 0 goal in his last 37 games.

his goal this season was on ES, and he's not a scorer but a playmaker, Pacc is the shooter on his line.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
He's ridiculously bad as a #1 C. It's embarrassing to see MT send him out shift after shift eating up the most important offensive minutes. The fact this GM argues he's aspiring for the Cup yet sleeping on this cluster**** is pathetic.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
his goal this season was on ES, and he's not a scorer but a playmaker, Pacc is the shooter on his line.

I said 5 on 5, not even strength. He scored his goal in OT, at 4 on 4.

I knew that would have been one of your excuses.. but 0 goal 5 on 5 for 37 straight games is pathetic, no matter if you're a goal scorer or not. Even John Scott does better.

He's on the first line for bringing offense to the team. He has 7 pts in 15 games.. so he doesn't do his job either. Next excuse please.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
...and he's not doing his job there either...so if he's not doing his job offensively and is our weakest centre defensively, why exactly do we need him??...

when the last season started he was awfull until it really count ( when every players elevate their play ) maybe it will be the same this season like he usually do.

To call him weak defensively is completely false the stats prove it and if you look closely you should be able to see it by yourself.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
when the last season started he was awfull until it really count ( when every players elevate their play ) maybe it will be the same this season like he usually do.

To call him weak defensively is completely false the stats prove it and if you look closely you should be able to see it by yourself.

you think he was good in the PO ?? seriously ?? :laugh:

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
I said 5 on 5, not even strength. He scored his goal in OT, at 4 on 4.

I knew that would have been one of your excuses.. but 0 goal 5 on 5 for 37 straight games is pathetic, no matter if you're a goal scorer or not. Even John Scott does better.

He's on the first line for bringing offense to the team. He has 7 pts in 15 games.. so he doesn't do his job either. Next excuse please.

If you look around the league, there's a lot of player that I count as better players then DD but with similar stats, 15 games is a very small sample to judge like you do.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
If you look around the league, there's a lot of player that I count as better players then DD but with similar stats, 15 games is a very small sample to judge like you do.

Another excuse... :laugh:

Because others are having a miserable production like DD makes it acceptable? It just means he has company in the mediocre 1st centers group, doesn't mean he does his job.

And just out of curiosity, who are these centers? Just make sure you name centers that he has a similar role to DD, which is a borderline 1st center, that plays with the best wingers of his team and most of the time, on the first PP wave.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Maybe the fact MT keeps sending him out shift after shift knowing he won't bring you more than 50 points and 2 PPG (3 if lucky) even if he hits some crazy insane hot streak, might be a cry for help to MB? Really trying to find explanations...:dunno:

I really don't believe MT would put him in these minutes because he's French. I don't believe MT would just keep plugging a incompetent player because he likes him... Maybe it's because he's a vet? I don't understand. MT can't have not reason. He must have a rationale... There must be a good reason somewhere that hasn't been mentionned in this thread yet.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Weren't you one of the ones *****ing last year when DD supporters used pace?

I don't think any expects Desharnais to only get 38 points this season unless he loses his spot. I also don't remember anyone saying last year that when DD had a 70pt pace that he was playing badly. They simply said he won't sustain it and he's really just a 50pt player. Sometime he'll get hot and sometimes he'll go cold, if he puts up 70pts during his hot streaks and 30 points in his cold streaks he'll likely finish with 50ish points. Which is what he's done over his career so far.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...he was awful until Patches went on a tear...I could have been successful on the 1st line when Patches was killing it...and he is our weakest centre defensively; Pleks, Larry, and Manny are all far better defensive players...he is the weakest link we have at centre and he's not getting it done offensively...you have nothing but false advertising and outright falsehoods...I don't know if DD is your brother or relative or BFF or whatever, but I hope he appreciates your PR work, even if it is pretty easy to see through...

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Another excuse... :laugh:

Because others are having a miserable production like DD makes it acceptable? It just means he has company in the mediocre 1st centers group, doesn't mean he does his job.

And just out of curiosity, who are these centers? Just make sure you name centers that he has a similar role to DD, which is a borderline 1st center, that plays with the best wingers of his team and most of the time, on the first PP wave.

you could start with the team we played against yesterday to start with, the sens, the jets, the oilers, the panthers, the devils, even kopitar only have 5 pts with 19min of toi... all those team have their 2 first offensive centers with similar stats. You can't presume that a player suck with only 15 games played. DD play extremely well defensively and he always elevate his game in the second half of a season.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
you could start with the team we played against yesterday to start with, the sens, the jets, the oilers, the panthers, the devils, even kopitar only have 5 pts with 19min of toi... all those team have their 2 first offensive centers with similar stats. You can't presume that a player suck with only 15 games played. DD play extremely well defensively and he always elevate his game in the second half of a season.

yet you had no problem bashing Eller for his start ??

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Please don't mention Kopitar or any competent number 1 for that matter in any argument with DD... Kopitar had 26 points in 26 games in the playoffs last season, DD has 2 goals in 27 games in his playoff career. We're not even talking about the same universe.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Please don't mention Kopitar or any competent number 1 for that matter in any argument with DD... Kopitar had 26 points in 26 games in the playoffs last season, DD has 2 goals in 27 games in his playoff career. We're not even talking about the same universe.

Like I said, ( I know a lot of better players with similar stats at the moment )

it was only to show that the early stats don't matter really much...

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Like I said, ( I know a lot of better players with similar stats at the moment )

Can you face that he's a bad number 1 that has no business playing those minutes. Plus he's the anti-Claude Lemieux: bad and soft in the regular season, atrocious and ultra-soft in the playoffs.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure I asked for centers, not team.

Yes Kopitar is having a miserable start, yet he's still 2 pts behind DD with 3 less games.

What I'm saying is that you have no logic defending DD, at least One Man Rock Band can recognize and admit when DD is not doing his job, while you just defend DD blindly. You can't admit DD is not having a good start. You're pretty good at finding excuses though. It's everyone else's fault except DD's.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Can you face that he's a bad number 1 that has no business playing those minutes. Plus he's the anti-Claude Lemieux: bad and soft in the regular season, atrocious and ultra-soft in the playoffs.

I never said he is great, but he's not atrocious and ultra-solf like you call him, he have a huge heart, play well in the system, he don't play 19 mins a game like a real number 1 and he's only paid 3,5m/year... at the moment he is the better option to play with Pacc, to replace him with a rookie that is not mature enough to play right in a defensive system is not a good idea especially when you know that it would create an hole on the left wing.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
I'm pretty sure I asked for centers, not team.

Yes Kopitar is having a miserable start, yet he's still 2 pts behind DD with 3 less games.

What I'm saying is that you have no logic defending DD, at least One Man Rock Band can recognize and admit when DD is not doing his job, while you just defend DD blindly. You can't admit DD is not having a good start. You're pretty good at finding excuses though. It's everyone else's fault except DD's.

Look at the centers of those team, I answer what you asked for.................

and DD is 2 pts behind Patrick Kane, lolll it is ridiculous to judge a player with only a few game played, it bias your judgement so much..............

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Well....it matters for every other players....it matters when everybody was ******** of Eller in the last 2 weeks.

But for DD:

- 2012-2013 = Ssucky season and PO
- 2013-2014 = Sucky start and PO
- 2014-2015 = Ssucky start so far.

His 51pts in 59 games last year is the anomaly in the last 3 years, not his standard. His standard is being EXTREMELY inconsistant and sucking most of the times while getting preferable treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad