Dave Hakstol

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall was given authority to do a full rebuild, not win now. When your mandate is win now, you build the best team you can around your current core personnel, and modify the scheme to suit them.

When you can do a full rebuild, i.e. a Soviet "5 year plan," you decide on philosophy (think of scheme as a subset, there are a group of related schemes that fit certain philosophies of how to play), then scheme, then players. It's up to the players to fit, because you're reshaping the team to fit a vision.

If players can't (talent, skills, see Schenn), or won't (unwillingness to adjust) fit the new philosophy/scheme, you move out the players when the opportunity to do so at least cost presents itself.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
I don't hate Hakstol. but I don't like him either.
I could be swayed in either direction depending on how this season shakes out.

I do not hate anyone. But Giroux and Voracek need to be more consistent this year. I am giving them both a pass for last season but if I see more of the same this year I will not so forgiving and for sure I am not going to blame our head coach.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What coach could play to that D's strength. There is no debate whether he tried to adapt a system to the personnel by starting the season trying to run and gun and then switching to full on lock down. Toward the end of the season he modified agan and the team finally played a little better but our personnel just wasn't that good.

Im not saying he inherited the best team. But He was too slow to change the gameplan. He wanted his style to work and didnt move away from it soon enough, thats all.

Im not saying the blame is all his, but hehas to do better as well as the rest of the team.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I do not hate anyone. But Giroux and Voracek need to be more consistent this year. I am giving them both a pass for last season but if I see more of the same this year I will not so forgiving and for sure I am not going to blame our head coach.

no doubt. If we see more of the same out of this teams better players, than maybe we shouldnt focus so much on the head coach. Who yes I know has his own issues.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I do think both AMac and VdV are out of the line-up pretty soon.

Bump. Oh @Appleyard I trusted you so much! haha

Edit - also. Kind of fun how the same peeves have been argued over the past few years. Somehow displays what I said a while ago. His learning curve is flat. (despite hundreds and thousands of essays saying it is everybody elses fault)

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Btw. sorry to dig up this thread, I was only googling @Magua's (I think?) picture of Hakstok monogram on his sandals and this thing showed up

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Is anyone else disappointed the "Fire Hakstol" thread was closed? I wanted to get to page 300 so badly. It was sacred ground, a place of anti-worship. This "Dave Hakstol" thread just doesn't have the same ring to it. *sigh*

"Fire Jeff Hakstok Redux" anyone?

oh dont worry within 10 games of next season there will be a new thread..

#bankit

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
oh dont worry within 10 games of next season there will be a new thread..

#bankit

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Is anyone else disappointed the "Fire Hakstol" thread was closed? I wanted to get to page 300 so badly. It was sacred ground, a place of anti-worship. This "Dave Hakstol" thread just doesn't have the same ring to it. *sigh*

1. Yes, I'm disappointed.
2. The thread title is diabolical - he spelled the name without any memeing, which is ridiculous.
3. Every thread on here should be either titled or subtitled "Fire Hakstok" because until that happens, nothing else matters.
4. Fire Hakstok.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

QFE.

@Beef Invictus -- can we at least get a title change? I'm sure you can think of something creatively appropriate.

I googled images for "Hakstol beet" as someone mentioned here today - and it had me laughing so hard. All those pictures by @Captain Dave Poulin RE: Hakstok going to the stands to greet people... While the crowd say Fire Hakstol..... :laugh:

Here's the full GDT: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ue-dec-12-7-00-pm-et-tvas-nbcsp-tsn4.2420713/

Still waiting on that cliffhanger ending.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm rooting for 105+ points, a 1st rd playoff win and a 5 year extension just to see this place melt down.
And if Hakstol wins a SC, I'm gonna rag you all until the end of time.

Not that I think they'll win one because of Hakstol, rather, he'll be playing the Trotz role, give me enough talent and eventually I'll win despite myself - like most SC winning HCs.

If you don't want Hakstol playing scrubs, it's up to Hextall to supply him with real NHL players.

But I can't hate him no matter how goofy the look, any coach who could take the sad sack team of the last three years to the playoffs twice is OK in my book - so they lost the first round? Uh, a much more talented Toronto team has done the same. And they have a real goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad