Dave Hakstol Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Hi guys! Kings fan, come in peace (and in pieces)

just wanted to know how close are the Flyers to firing Hakstol?

i wanna place a bet on nobody else being fired this year w/ odds being @ 45:1

i have a feeling between PIT, PHI, ANA, and FLO that the flyers are the next team to pull the trigger

but do you guys feel it'll be done after this season, or definitely sometime this season?

thanks!

who knows when he'll be fired.

But i don't if management can continue to tolerate allowing the opposition to either blow them out or jump out to 4 goal leads.

If this continues I'd have to guess he'd get fired within season but who knows.

If tomorrow's game is ugly, maybe tomorrow. I wouldn't bet on it though

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hakstol is probably going to go into shock if he is ever fired....kind of like the former Flyers goalie coach Lemelin. He thought he had a job for life with the Flyers despite years of suckitude with the goalies. Can't blame the guy...but can blame the management for letting him stick around for a decade. It will be the same with Hakstok...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
50 game mark is end of January.
Trade deadline end of February.

If Hextall decides the season is lost and he has to can Hakstol, he'll probably do it by the end of January and name an interim coach, probably Gordon or Knob.

And then he'll start the firesale, if the Hakstol era is over, I think the veteran core will also be broken up, they've been together since 2011-12, and have one second round, three first round playoff losses in those 8 years.

Voracek, Simmonds, Hagg and Ghost weren't his draft picks.
Giroux and Couts weren't either, but they have the intangibles he values.

Those who think the coach will be canned but otherwise it will be business as usual, are whistling past the graveyard.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Lehtera back in the lineup, Ghoul up and NAK down is just idiotic and pointless rearranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Regardless of what you think of NAK, the kid has a shot to be a future contributor while Lehtera and Ghoul have zero NHL upside. Lehtera has been a major part of a historically awful PK, what exactly did you miss about him being in the lineup?

This is the kind of shit that stupid people do when they don't have any answers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
50 game mark is end of January.
Trade deadline end of February.

If Hextall decides the season is lost and he has to can Hakstol, he'll probably do it by the end of January and name an interim coach, probably Gordon or Knob.

And then he'll start the firesale, if the Hakstol era is over, I think the veteran core will also be broken up, they've been together since 2011-12, and have one second round, three first round playoff losses in those 8 years.

Voracek, Simmonds, Hagg and Ghost weren't his draft picks.
Giroux and Couts weren't either, but they have the intangibles he values.

Those who think the coach will be canned but otherwise it will be business as usual, are whistling past the graveyard.

Hextall should be fired if he tried to break up the roster before we know what they are with a real coach.

There is zero reason to wait until January. There is zero reason to have even started the season with him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hi guys! Kings fan, come in peace (and in pieces)

just wanted to know how close are the Flyers to firing Hakstol?

i wanna place a bet on nobody else being fired this year w/ odds being @ 45:1

i have a feeling between PIT, PHI, ANA, and FLO that the flyers are the next team to pull the trigger

but do you guys feel it'll be done after this season, or definitely sometime this season?

thanks!

Hes been the worst coach in the league for years and it doesnt seem to matter. Dont bet on it.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I mean seriously, what team diagnoses the coach as the problem and then goes ahead and nukes the roster too? At that point the GM should absolutely be fired for assembling the wrong roster with the wrong coach. That's pure incompetence.
Yeah, if Hextall starts hurting the roster then he needs to go.

The only reason I want him to stay is because of the continued improvement we’re seeing there.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Yeah, if Hextall starts hurting the roster then he needs to go.

The only reason I want him to stay is because of the continued improvement we’re seeing there.
I'm curious, how long are you willing to wait for Hextall to fire Hakstol? Will you be against firing Hexy no matter what happens with Hakstol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad