Confirmed with Link: Dave Cameron Fired (along with Tourigny, Wamsley) (starts at post 208)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
He doesn't bring the best out of any of our top-sixers, except for perhaps Stone.

But think my 92 year old neighbour could make him perform awesomely.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Cameron's flaws..IMO...lack of structure on PP/PK (no plan, man)...and failing to hold players accountable so they learn to avoid repeated mistakes (even EK...so, you earn your apples & you're OFF the PP if you don't move your feet & just stand still)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah the blown leads are unreal, no lead under Cameron ever felt safe and the team always seemed to milk the clock everytime it took the lead in a game.

There was even a game last season where the team blew a 4 goal lead in one period!!! (I think it was against the flames)

Just look at our record when we give up the 1st goal compared to when we score the first goal.

We have a better record when we give up the 1st goal.

This team cannot defend leads.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I have a sinking feeling that Cameron will be here next year. I know Melnyk kind of went off on him, but I don't think Davey boy is getting fired.

They may just keep him and give him new assistants.
Luke Richardson and Sean Donovan?
Melnyk did say they were grooming their own coaches.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
They may just keep him and give him new assistants.
Luke Richardson and Sean Donovan?
Melnyk did say they were grooming their own coaches.

That would be senseless and inconsequential. what difference would that swap make...donovans got even less coaching experience than smith

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
we got some inept ownership if he seriously thinks the problem with this team is the assistant coaches

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
All I know is the next coach we get I want here for a minimum of four years and that's the bare minimum. We need the players to get comfortable with one coach and let the coach implement his style. I don't care if we suck for the next four years oh well, just please stick with someone for a little bit.

If we still suck then start moving players for the coach and not vice versa.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
we got some inept ownership if he seriously thinks the problem with this team is the assistant coaches

I think that that is presisely the problem. Support of Cameron. Basically inexperienced support coaches. Cameron a novice head coach is running the team with novice assitants. How can he succeed if he has to run the PP, PK, defensive strategy, breakout strategy. And also coach the "issues" out of players like Hoffman and Zibby. Imagine the difference if he had say Jacques Martin as an assistant or other coaches with that wealth and depth of experience? I don't think Cameron is a control freak. I think his plate is so overfilled it is incredible.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
All I know is the next coach we get I want here for a minimum of four years and that's the bare minimum. We need the players to get comfortable with one coach and let the coach implement his style. I don't care if we suck for the next four years oh well, just please stick with someone for a little bit.

Get an experienced NHL head coach with a good enough resume and I 100% agree with this.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I think that that is presisely the problem. Support of Cameron. Basically inexperienced support coaches. Cameron a novice head coach is running the team with novice assitants. How can he succeed if he has to run the PP, PK, defensive strategy, breakout strategy. And also coach the "issues" out of players like Hoffman and Zibby. Imagine the difference if he had say Jacques Martin as an assistant or other coaches with that wealth and depth of experience? I don't think Cameron is a control freak. I think his plate is so overfilled it is incredible.

Jacques Martin an assistant coach to Cameron? Should be the other way around...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

If that's the criteria, we might as well keep Cameron. He already has close to 2 years under his belt. What's 2 more?

Honestly, I don't have the answer.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
I agree with this. Maclean's downfall looked eerily similar to what we have seen from Cameron: come in and have immediate success --> slowly lose the room until it looks like a firing is inevitable.

And Paddock. And Clouston. The only coach who stunk immediately was Hartsburg.

Buts that's probably just the high of the Hawthorne Effect, whether the coach is good or bad; they'll look good early on either way.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I can’t believe you guys keep blaming the coaches because the players not wanting to play for them. How many coaches has Murray fired???????? :rant:

But there's been nearly just as much turnover for the players.

Murray is the only constant.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I wanna say starting Andrew Hammond is the coaches choice on this one, but I so badly want this to be a management decision knowing how crucial it is too lose the next game.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, a new coach is needed for this team big time. If he's let go by Boston Claude Julien would be my choice.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
can't wait until he's telling shea weber or crosby what to do and they're like yeah ok

giphy.gif

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
So...is Cameron fired as soon as the plane touches down (aka Clouston), or do they wait until after garbage bag day? Or.....do they keep him and fire the assistants? Anything is possible at this point.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
So...is Cameron fired as soon as the plane touches down (aka Clouston), or do they wait until after garbage bag day? Or.....do they keep him and fire the assistants? Anything is possible at this point.

I have a queasy feeling their going to just switch the assistants ...

Save Murray of doing another PR spin of firing yet another head coach...

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Julien would be my pick for the next head coach but I'm really not sure who the best choices would be for GM if Murray were to be promoted to another role in senior management...

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I have a queasy feeling their going to just switch the assistants ...

Save Murray of doing another PR spin of firing yet another head coach...

For sure. The assistant coach doing PK will swap for PP, and vice-versa ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad