Trade: Davante Adams requests a trade, traded to the Jets 10/15

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Clown franchise

As much fun as it is to make fun of the dysfunctional mess that is the New York Jets, I think this trade makes sense. The AFC is bad this year, Rodgers has chemistry with Adams that he doesn't with Mike Williams or Garrett Wilson, and they (unlike the Cowboys) are all in.

Now, will it work? Does that get them through the wild card round? Probably not. But when you're in a bus barreling toward a canyon, you might as well aim for the little ramp to try to see if you can get a little bit closer to the other side.

Oddly, that trade before the 2024 draft was for a 2026 3rd round pick. The Adam's trade is for the 2025 3rd rounder.

He's been really good with Wilson the last 2 weeks.....?

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Clown franchise

He's been really good with Wilson the last 2 weeks.....?
He was really good with Wilson last week. That was the first time I felt like they were on the same page.

The week before, Wilson had 101 yards, which would have been good, if he hadn't gotten those 101 yards on 23 targets. They didn't seem to be on the same page at all that game.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Adams is due $970K per week for 12 more weeks, so $11.64 mill. So, I assume the restructure is only on this $11.64 mill still due to him, so sounds like $8 mill pushed into the future.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I shouldn't be surprised but I really don't understand the hysteria.....all they gave up a 3rd round pick and his contract isn't going to hamstring the organization in the future.

The Jets are (should be) a better team on paper today than they were yesterday, like wtf do you want them to do...not try and get better.

Must be the Aaron Rodgers effect

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I shouldn't be surprised but I really don't understand the hysteria.....all they gave up a 3rd round pick and his contract isn't going to hamstring the organization in the future.

The Jets are (should be) a better team on paper today than they were yesterday, like wtf do you want them to do...not try and get better.

Must be the Aaron Rodgers effect
The rest of the contract is not guaranteed. So they can walk away if they can’t agree on a restructured deal. But, if they cut him then he won’t be part of any compensatory pick calculation. Whereas Cooper to Buffalo can as he’s in the final year of his deal.

You can just as easily miss on a third as you can hit in one. With any draft have to be realistic as most 3rd don’t signs long term second contract with the team that drafted them. Like look at 2018-2020 drafts to see how many of the 30 something 3rd signed with their drafted team for term.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The rest of the contract is not guaranteed. So they can walk away if they can’t agree on a restructured deal. But, if they cut him then he won’t be part of any compensatory pick calculation. Whereas Cooper to Buffalo can as he’s in the final year of his deal.

You can just as easily miss on a third as you can hit in one. With any draft have to be realistic as most 3rd don’t signs long term second contract with the team that drafted them. Like look at 2018-2020 drafts to see how many of the 30 something 3rd signed with their drafted team for term.

With Rodgers he’s 100% staying

He’ll cut the entire roster to be able to keep Adams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad