Trade: Davante Adams requests a trade, traded to the Jets 10/15

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Wonder what the benchmarks he needs to hit are and/or if the Raiders ended up helping out with some of the money

Edit -
Schefter says there’s no financial help from LV

Last edited:

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Without Reddick on the books, the Jets are fine on the cap this year, although it could make next year spicy since they've got a few guys who are gonna want to get paid including Garret Wilson.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The conductions for it to become a 2nd are, again per Schefter:
Adams is a 1st or 2nd team All Pro
On the roster for an AFCCG or Super Bowl

So that seems unlikely.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
As much fun as it is to make fun of the dysfunctional mess that is the New York Jets, I think this trade makes sense. The AFC is bad this year, Rodgers has chemistry with Adams that he doesn't with Mike Williams or Garrett Wilson, and they (unlike the Cowboys) are all in.

Now, will it work? Does that get them through the wild card round? Probably not. But when you're in a bus barreling toward a canyon, you might as well aim for the little ramp to try to see if you can get a little bit closer to the other side.

Did they have more than one? Pretty sure they sent a conditional 3rd to the Eagles for Reddick
Oddly, that trade before the 2024 draft was for a 2026 3rd round pick. The Adam's trade is for the 2025 3rd rounder.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wonder what the benchmarks he needs to hit are and/or if the Raiders ended up helping out with some of the money

Edit -
Schefter says there’s no financial help from LV
If they only got a 4th, then there only a very low chance of LV helping out with money. Can't get both a low return and retain a boatload of money. L. Williams, NYG retained like over $9 mill of the remaining $10 mill still owed to him when he was dealt to get a 2 and 5 from SEA.

For LV, it's over. They've assumed $2.9 mill in cap charges for the 3 weeks he wasn't playing for them with his hamstring.

Honestly, with the benefit of hindsight, if Zeigler truly wanted Stroud, should have matched the Carolina offer to Chicago. Adams to match Moore, Wilson pick, Bowers picks, DE Young pick (Car gave the SF 2nd in 2023, so LV would have to give their 3rd which was like 12 spots later), and their 2025 2nd in order to match that offer.

But, I knew from the moment that Adams deal was made that LV wasn't going to do anything with him in terms of on-field success. They were not a WR away from being a regular PO team.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't think you are going to make 1st or 2nd team all pro missing 3 games.
But, Chase isn't having a great year, and neither is Hill without Tua.

So, it's going to be a 3rd. But, the Raiders save on the weekly $970K cap charges for his base salary. Dead cap is from his SB and restructure.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This feels like a move the New York Rangers made from 1998 to 2004 time and time again. Bring in a big name of the decline to try and save a sinking ship.
Agreed. I mean, Rodgers in his prime doesn't underthrow Williams on his last pass of the game. ARod had time to step into the throw.

Saving grace is that Rodgers and Adams have chemistry so not trying get on the same page with a Higgins from Cincy for example. But, likely too little too late for the Jets.

But, the South and West are not very strong. North, unless Cincy turns it around, it is likely Bal/Pitt (who have a lead but a tough second half schedule). So, it's Chargers, Bengals, and Colts (they are committed to Richardson and he's still raw, so Indy will have ups and downs this year IMO), that the Jets are most likely competing with. Need to beat out 2 of them.
Broncos, Raiders, not good. Jax and Ten not good. NE/Miami without Tua not good.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm guessing the hamstring will magically heal itself in time for him to play next week

zero excuses now for the jets to not make the playoffs barring injuries

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
i'm guessing the hamstring will magically heal itself in time for him to play next week

zero excuses now for the jets to not make the playoffs barring injuries
lol.. he will be ready to go for the Jets... That's why LV had to get rid of him.

KC, Hou, Buf, Bal are my picks to win their divisions. So with 3 WC left, I think it is down to Pitt, Cin, Indy, LAC that Jets are competing with. Have to beat out 2 of those 4 teams.

Indy will return to Richardson once he is healthy, so expect more ups and downs from him.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1729013715812.png

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The AFC is trash. The division winners are pretty much set in stone at this point, the rest are all mediocre teams at best. They should make the playoffs with ease.
Tua has been hurt. Lawrence has regressed. Watson is terrible.

Jets need to beat out 2 of Pitt, Cinc, Indy, Chargers. Any h2h vs them is vital.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don’t know why people don’t think the Jets will make the playoffs. They are a better team than everyone ahead of them in the WC race IMO

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t know why people don’t think the Jets will make the playoffs. They are a better team than everyone ahead of them in the WC race IMO
AFC is down this year from expectations. Can look at QBs and see why the downfall of some teams. Tua, Watson, Lawrence right off the hop. 2 of them were PO teams last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad