Confirmed Signing with Link: Datsyuk signs with SKA St.Petersburg (2 years, ₽500M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
but he wont and cant, thats the point. Be hopeful all you want, he already got his top 6 player.

MB and Habs were in on Shipachyov long before any other team even noticed the guy. MB hasn't given up the chase and has a plan if he gets him and has a plan if he doesn't.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
MB and Habs were in on Shipachyov long before any other team even noticed the guy. MB hasn't given up the chase and has a plan if he gets him and has a plan if he doesn't.

your optimistic words are nice and all, but you need to work on the math and logical side of things. Unless he buys out DD, and trades say Markov (with a 1st) for someone cheap, theres just no way. Even then, he wouldnt do that unless he KNEW Shippy was signing for sure. WHich he doesnt.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Since everyone knew he was headed back to his home country (as he said he was) why did the Yotes even bother to include him in the deal? to do Holland a favor and clear space?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
your optimistic words are nice and all, but you need to work on the math and logical side of things. Unless he buys out DD, and trades say Markov (with a 1st) for someone cheap, theres just no way. Even then, he wouldnt do that unless he KNEW Shippy was signing for sure. WHich he doesnt.

He'll know if Shippy signs when Shippy signs. He won't make any moves unless the deal is done. As I mentioned, during the off-season, teams can go 10% over the cap. So with that in mind, Habs have about 8M to work with. If he does choose Montreal, there are moves MB can make. You mentioned one in buying out Desharnais. There are trades he can make as well. There is a way to make it work.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Selling his 1997 Honda Accord could probably clear a good hundred thousand rubles

Hot damn! I'm moving to Russia. I'll sell my 2001 rusted out Hyundai, and live like a king! A KING!!

I think Dats has 2 pretty good years left in him, if his knees hold up. If not, I'm sure the salary is insured. All shall be fine.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Since everyone knew he was headed back to his home country (as he said he was) why did the Yotes even bother to include him in the deal? to do Holland a favor and clear space?

It helps them to get to the cap floor and they got an asset for helping the Wings

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It helps them to get to the cap floor and they got an asset for helping the Wings

They saw their chance to get Chychrun. They also got to dump a contract and $1.3 million dollars of actual salary by way of Vitale.

A lot of Wings fans are kind of annoyed the team passed on Chychrun to get the cap space to chase Stamkos, only to end up signing Darren Helm and Frans Nielsen instead.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The deal was made when at Round 1 - pick 16, Jacob Chychrun was available. Arizona was picking 20th. They really coveted Chychrun and did not want to wait and see another team picking 16 to 19 take him. Wings were picking 16th, but in order for Arizona to get what they wanted by picking Chychrun, they'd have to take on Datsyuk's cap hit. Arizona has a lot of cap room to take on Datsyuk's 7.5M for one year. They are never a cap team. Some owners have their own self imposed cap ceiling and their GMs have to work with that. But with a cap floor that needs to be respected, teams like Arizona can afford to take on a 7.5M for a non-roster player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They saw their chance to get Chychrun. They also got to dump a contract and $1.3 million dollars of actual salary by way of Vitale.

A lot of Wings fans are kind of annoyed the team passed on Chychrun to get the cap space to chase Stamkos, only to end up signing Darren Helm and Frans Nielsen instead.

The worse part was that Detroit never even met with Stamkos. They never even had a shot at the guy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The worse part was that Detroit never even met with Stamkos. They never even had a shot at the guy.

Yeah. It's been a brutal off-season for us Wings fans. I mean, kind of more of the same.

Cholowski, the defender they drafted 4 spots later, could end up good. I guess he's impressing at the prospect camp. So maybe the Wings knew what they were doing all along, but right now it's a tough pill having passed on a highly regarded D prospect for cap space that turned into long-term veteran stopgaps.

Naturally, some people are a little bitter Datsyuk put the team in this position to begin with.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
So he practically gave away 4mil to play in Russia?

(lower taxes, no escrow so probably closer to 2mil in real dollars.)

Datsyuk's last contract is very front heavy, he made 10M in 14-15 and 7M last season. His final year would've only been 5.5M in actual salary.

So.. in the end with lower taxes and all that jazz he gets paid roughly the same amount of money in Russia than what he would've got in the NHL this year.

Seeing how the Red Wings aren't contenders anymore combined with the fact that he's not quite the player he once was, getting paid the same $$ to play at your home country and being treated like a superstar there (also being one of the best players on the ice) seems like a no-brainer to me.

In other words, not a very smart contract by Holland. He basically set the table for Datsyuk to leave.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
As a Coyotes fan, i am PISSED. This jerk has some nerve to treat his new team like this. Sure, we aren't the Red Wings, but we can throw a goddamn tailgate party. We put our skates on one foot at a time like everyone else. Who does this guy think he is?

They call him the "Magic" Man? You're DAMN RIGHT the magic man!! He does a hell of a disappearing act! I can't believe i spent 250 bucks on your jersey, you fraud! Datsyuk?
More like Dats Yukky!

I could punch a friggin nun right now. God forbid a nun crosses my path today. I quit hockey. What a blockbuster trade, all for nothin. Nothin but a damn Benedict Arnold like TRAITOR.

**** this!!!

Please don't ask me why i did this. I don't have any other answer rather than it's 3am in Arizona right now and there is literallly nothing else to do here, but this.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yeah. It's been a brutal off-season for us Wings fans. I mean, kind of more of the same.

Cholowski, the defender they drafted 4 spots later, could end up good. I guess he's impressing at the prospect camp. So maybe the Wings knew what they were doing all along, but right now it's a tough pill having passed on a highly regarded D prospect for cap space that turned into long-term veteran stopgaps.

Naturally, some people are a little bitter Datsyuk put the team in this position to begin with.

It honestly looked very promising for you guys with that trade.

Had a chance for Stamkos, and then there was always Radulov as the backup plan if Stamkos fell through.

Then July 1st came and well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad