Olympics: Datsyuk says this medal means more than the Stanley Cup

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
For all of you who are convinced that this russian ban is justified:

Just pause for a second and think to yourself even if it's super far fetched to you ..
What IF this ban IS not for real cause? What IF it really IS political and little to do with cheating? What if we really did just belittle an entire civilization based on someone's shortsighted agenda?

Because karma is a bitch.. And I think the older and wiser posters here would understand that such heavy mistakes in life have deep consequences for generations to come.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Yeah Canada doesnt get 424 players but pretty much every one of those 424 players would be an upgrade on the ones that played for team Canada. Russia still probably would have taken 7-9 of the players that were on that roster. Besides Yeah Russia has the top 2 point scorers in the league this season, and the goalie with the most wins but Canada would still have a better overall forward group and a massively better blue line and plenty of really good choices in net.

If canada brings
Marchand Crosby Bergeron
Hall Mcdavid Scheifele
Stamkos Tavares Mckinnon
Benn Toews Seguin
Giroux Couturier

Keith Doughty
Vlassic Pietrangelo
Hamilton Subban
Reilly Paryko

Holtby
Smith
Murray

What Team can russia put together that is better than that?

Bobrovsky,Vasylevsky,Sorokin

Gusev Namestnikov Kucherov
Panarin Malkin Tarasenko
Ovechkin Kuznetzov Radulov
Buchnevich Anisimov Kaprizov
Kovalchuk-Datstuk-Dadonov

Zaytsev-Provorov
Voinov-Sergachyov
Tryamkin-Zadorov
Kulikov/Emelin
not bad right?

Reactions: albator71

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia

Panarin Malkin Tarasenko

Zaytsev-Provorov
Voinov-Sergachyov
Tryamkin-Zadorov
Kulikov/Emelin

not bad right?

7-9 players? this different team

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
For all of you who are convinced that this russian ban is justified:

Just pause for a second and think to yourself even if it's super far fetched to you ..
What IF this ban IS not for real cause? What IF it really IS political and little to do with cheating? What if we really did just belittle an entire civilization based on someone's shortsighted agenda?

Because karma is a *****.. And I think the older and wiser posters here would understand that such heavy mistakes in life have deep consequences for generations to come.

I mean I'm defending your gold here and all but Russian doping is not really disputable.
Was it fair to punish each athlete from Russia? Maybe not, but let's not think black and white here. The complete ban was maybe a bit harsh, but this is no conspiracy made up by the evil west to punish mighty Russia.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
As for russia wanting best on best, I don't see how either of us could prove or disprove that but Russia would be crazy to want best on best since as a hockey power they are basically in 3-5th place now.
I dont agree that Russia is 3-5th place. Just look at the NHL leaders right now. you have Russians players leading in almost every category. I pray that in 2022 the NHL let its players participate because Russia will be a favorite to win gold again.
Russia is always a favorite in every hockey tournament it participates. to say that they are 3-5th is not true.

Reactions: malkins

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
So what you are saying Putin hacked Bettman? Is Bettman a Russian bot? Did Trump give Russia the gold?

Hehe strawman much. #TryHard

I think I made my point v e r y clear by repeating the first sentence as the last one: Olympic gold is an Olympic gold, there is no way around it.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

Panarin Malkin Tarasenko

Zaytsev-Provorov
Voinov-Sergachyov
Tryamkin-Zadorov
Kulikov/Emelin
not bad right?
Thats one hell of team. Anyone who says otherwise, doesnt know what the hell they're talking about.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia

Panarin Malkin Tarasenko

Zaytsev-Provorov
Voinov-Sergachyov
Tryamkin(best KHL D after Voinov)-Zadorov
Kulikov/Emelin
not bad right?

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011
When I read some of the NA posters here, I get a better understanding of why Americans are an embarrasement to the rest of the world population and mostly hated everywhere you can go. Some of the ignorance and the way you guys despise everything happening outside of your small country is absolutely frightning.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
When I read some of the NA posters here, I get a better understanding of why Americans are an embarrasement to the rest of the world population and mostly hated everywhere you can go. Some of the ignorance and the way you guys despise everything happening outside of your small country is absolutely frightning.
Americans? Its basically Canadians in here talking that trash. Plus every country does it. We are good at hockey. We get laughed at over seas in Soccer. Let us do us.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
I mean I'm defending your gold here and all but Russian doping is not really disputable.
Was it fair to punish each athlete from Russia? Maybe not, but let's not think black and white here. The complete ban was maybe a bit harsh, but this is no conspiracy made up by the evil west to punish mighty Russia.
Why is it not disputable?

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia

Panarin Malkin Tarasenko

Zaytsev-Provorov
Voinov-Sergachyov
Tryamkin-Zadorov
Kulikov/Emelin
not bad right?
+ Orlov)

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Please dont let a few bad apples give you a bad impression about Americans or Canadians.
I have to say Canadians are very nice but not when it comes to hockey, for some reason they become very arrogant when its about ice hockey. I am Canadian by the way ;)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I don't get what's so controversial about it.

Datsyuk was born in 1978 and probably had no access to the NHL whatsoever growing up. Meanwhile, he grew up watching those CCCP teams and it's Russian legendary players dominate international tournaments.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
His comments are so typically Russian. A bunch of professionals always playing with each other playing against amateurs and washed up players from other countries and barely squeaking out a gold after being rocked year after year by the big boys like America, Canada and Sweden. It does feel great to win but I'm not sure I would be as proud if my country was banned for doping and we were Olympic Athletes from Canada and we played against lesser competition because the big boys didn't send their players.
And this is a typical North American comment in all its ignorance and arrogance. Who were the amateurs in this tournament that you are always talking about?

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
I assume the number of viewers was significantly lower than any other year that included the NHL

Gonna stick my neck out real far here and predict numbers were down from Sotchi in Canada and Sweden, up in Germany and Russia.

Numbers were probably down significantly from Vancouver to Sotchi too, because the USA is such a big market. Ratings are a tome zones and a luck game for the most part. Having Sweden play Switzerland in the Australian time zone is always gonna be worse than US vs. Russia in New York. Even if the former is the one with NHL stars and the latter lacks them.

Russia and Germany have big populations too. So wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad