Value of: Darnell nurse

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
For a struggling 2013 pick that has 80 games with minor minutes?

Get real.

So I suppose we should inform the Avs, Isles, Jets, Ducks and Flyers that Zadorov, Pulock, Morrissey, Theodore and Morin aren't going to pan out either, right?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
What an ignorant post. **** for brains right? He was the OHL Scholastic Player of the Year, he's a very bright kid.

Dont think he was talking about how he is off the ice. More on the ice and i dont really disagree with him. So far he has already done some stupid stuff and is pretty dumb at the ice at times. Nurse beeing good at school has nothing to do with what he is doing and thinking on the ice. Two very different things.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Dont think he was talking about how he is off the ice. More on the ice and i dont really disagree with him. So far he has already done some stupid stuff and is pretty dumb at the ice at times. Nurse beeing good at school has nothing to do with what he is doing and thinking on the ice. Two very different things.

Nurse played more minutes than other rookie in the NHL his age or younger, at any position. He'll be just fine, all young D have growing pains.

Can't wait to see him in his mid 20s :yo:.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg

But he used to bring his teacher an apple every day. That's gotta count on some level:sarcasm:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
But he used to bring his teacher an apple every day. That's gotta count on some level:sarcasm:

You guys can make a mockery of him all you want, he's a good young player and he'll be a good Dman in this league.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
For a struggling 2013 pick that has 80 games with minor minutes?

Get real.
We're not talking about an older Matt Dumba still struggling to play 16 minutes a night. We're talking about Darnell Nurse thats played 71 games and averages over 20 minutes a night

Tools without the tool box...

His value is probably a late 1st. His development is slower than his hockey IQ.
So you've given up on Josh Morrissey and Nic Petan? Both of them were less than impressive at the AHL level and invisible at the NHL level

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Larsson
Klefbom
Sekera
Fayne
Davidson
Nurse
Reinhart
Oesterle

Something like that anyway. The big thing Reinhart has working against him is that 4 of the 6 guys ahead of him shoot left.

If you were asking about upside then bump Nurse up to third and move Davidson ahead of Fayne.

Klefbom
Larsson
Sekera
Davidson
Nurse
Reinhart
Osterle
Fayne

That's how I see it at this point, but I'd like to see Nurse and Reinhart in the AHL if possible.

----------

As for value, it's overinflated due to the expansion draft coming up.

If Nurse is being traded to a team that wants to compete now his value isn't that high because he isn't there yet. In the eyes of a solid team he's an incredibly beautiful magic bean, but he's got incredible upside to a team that's going through a rebuild.

Given Edmonton's projected cap over the next few seasons, they really can't afford to trade him unless he's being packed with a big contract for a monster of an asset.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
So I suppose we should inform the Avs, Isles, Jets, Ducks and Flyers that Zadorov, Pulock, Morrissey, Theodore and Morin aren't going to pan out either, right?

Just out of interest: which one these you d pay major overpayment for?

Nurse is worth probably the 7th pick at this point. Skates well for the frame, major warts, worse than Brodin offensive production.

Ristolainen at 8th on the otherhand... Hall would still be in the Oilers if Nurse and RR change places.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Very similar to zadorov. Big player who can skate but looks out of place in the nhl right now. I expect him to be a middle 4 defenseman just like zadorov. If he were dealt it most likely would be in a package for a top player. Nurse, yak, + for a top defenseman or something like that

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Just out of interest: which one these you d pay major overpayment for?

Nurse is worth probably the 7th pick at this point. Skates well for the frame, major warts, worse than Brodin offensive production.

Ristolainen at 8th on the otherhand... Hall would still be in the Oilers if Nurse and RR change places.

Obviously I won't disagree with the Risto comment,, though you can check my post history and will quickly find I wanted to ship out Hall well before he was dealt. Absolutely the Oil should have taken Risto in hindsight, both based on the fact he's a RHD, and he was more NHL ready based on playing against men since he was 16. But therein lies the fallacy in comparing the two directly - Risto was always going to be ahead of Nurse on the development curve, both based on physical make up and development path. He was more physically mature AND more NHL ready. Let's not close the book just yet (though obviously I'd take Risto right now).

Do you think the Isles would move Pulock for the 15th pick this year? Guarantee they say get bent.

Do you think the Ducks move Theodre for the 26th pick this year? See above.

Do you think the Avs trade Zadorov for 16th? Not likely.

Do you think the Flyers trade Morin for 11th? Not likely, maybe if a RHD of similar caliber was available, and solely based on their depth at LHD.

Do you think the Jets trade Morrissey for 13th? Not likely.

So yes, pretty much every D taken in 2013 would fall under the same scenario as Nurse - not moving them unless someone makes it impossible to turn down.

Could this change down the road? Probably, but for right now, I feel confident saying every one of these teams would take this stance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad