Player Discussion Darnell Nurse is a #1 dman

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For sure. He needs to stop thinking he has to play like a 9 million dollar player and just play like a regular guy. The contract is what it is, and he can never play to it, so just has to be himself. Had an excellent game last night.
He had an average game for an average Dman
If he doesn't like questions from media and fans maybe he should ask for a trade and hire Pinnochio Bieksa as his agent ! LoL

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i also love that nurse took a huge run at the player in the neutral zone, he missed and they got a 2v1 but there was good back track pressure. 2 shifts later dadonov turned away from nurse and nurse just took the puck. if he starts going 80% trouba 2-3 times a game i am here for it. plus our pk can handle a 2min if we have to

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just finished watching game 4. A much better game from Darnell. Not perfect by any means but I loved how he played physical and was a lot more engaged overall.

Reactions: TB12

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
i also love that nurse took a huge run at the player in the neutral zone, he missed and they got a 2v1 but there was good back track pressure. 2 shifts later dadonov turned away from nurse and nurse just took the puck. if he starts going 80% trouba 2-3 times a game i am here for it. plus our pk can handle a 2min if we have to
He also joined the rush in the first, going to the net and nearly scoring a goal (pass was in the air so he missed batting it), but then flew back to position on the defensive recovery.

That's the old Darnell and how we need him to play if we're to get the most out of him.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Just finished watching game 4. A much better game from Darnell. Not perfect by any means but I loved how he played physical and was a lot more engaged overall.

All he needs to realize is it's going to be next to impossible to play up to his contract so no point pretending to be something he's not [Makar, Coffey].

He just needs to be intelligently mean at this point. No idea why he dropped the physicality after the first couple of seasons. Hopefully he's had an epiphany after all the media flack

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Gregor sure loves to champion horrible players

Ceci
Skinner
Nurse

😂
I kind of like that he doesn't do the easy thing and just pile on those guys with the rest of them. There's a point where it's no longer "keeping a player accountable" and it bleeds into being a witch hunt. Nurse needed a kick in the arse, so I'm okay with the criticisms he faced, but unless he does it again, I agree that we can focus on some of the positives sometimes as well.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nurse was a BEAST in GAME 6. Huge shot blocks and aggressive in his defending all night while staying smart enough not to be burned. For as much as people say "less is more with him", sometimes "more is also more". He should be using his god given talents, his awesome skating and range to effect more areas of the ice, he has the ability to, but I feel in an effort to "play safe" and not be scapegoated for any mistakes, that part of his game has been suppressed.

No one should shit on him for his contract either. 9.25M was a Holland issue and never a Nurse issue. 9.25M still has a chance to pay off too, it's obvious by post game pressers that McDavid really cares about Nurse and he should, he's been a great friend and gives the team his all every single night since we got him.

Love Darnell Nurse. And I'm happy we have him. He will be instrumental against the dirty ass Panthers too, and more of his value will shine.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I kind of like that he doesn't do the easy thing and just pile on those guys with the rest of them. There's a point where it's no longer "keeping a player accountable" and it bleeds into being a witch hunt. Nurse needed a kick in the arse, so I'm okay with the criticisms he faced, but unless he does it again, I agree that we can focus on some of the positives sometimes as well.
The criticism and harassment of him didn't make him play better

It was all about taking him away from Ceci and Desharnais.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Worst contract in the league… terrible player and ‘leader’… he’s probably gonna give 12 year old kid answers about his play again

How did Ken Holland, who watched Lidstrom play all those years, watch Nurse play and decide he was worth 9.25M?

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The game 1 atmosphere overwhelmed him a bit, IMO.

He looked lost during the anthem. He kind of had that stunned Nurse look instead of the determined and ready look the other Oilers showed.

Hopefully he is more mentally prepared for Game 2. A scowl on the bench would be nice. Kulak would also be a good addition again to his pairing. Ceci is too chaotic.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Ceci is too damn slow and his immunity is very confusing to me.

I know the Stetcher train has come and gone, but what happened to him? Did he say something dumb and get cancelled?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Please Knoblauch, don’t be Woodcroft.

Nurse and Ceci doesn’t work, hasn’t worked for a moment this season, and hasn’t worked for at least two full calendar years. Don’t f***ing do it again. There is no reason to do it again, don’t f***ing out think yourself like the last moron we had here.

The decision to play them together in Game 1 probably reduced our odds of winning the Cup by about 10% alone at least. Just don’t double down.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Please Knoblauch, don’t be Woodcroft.

Nurse and Ceci doesn’t work, hasn’t worked for a moment this season, and hasn’t worked for at least two full calendar years. Don’t f***ing do it again. There is no reason to do it again, don’t f***ing out think yourself like the last moron we had here.

The decision to play them together in Game 1 probably reduced our odds of winning the Cup by about 10% alone at least. Just don’t double down.
Mind boggling truthfully

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hope that he gets the record and that we still win the cup in spite of it. If that won't be the kick in the ass needed for him to have a huge offseason and try to right his game then he's a lost cause IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad