Proposal: Darnell Nurse for Jacob Trouba straight up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Well this turned petty quickly. It would be nice if OP as a Leafs fan made proposals about his team rather than teams he knows nothing about (yes, free expression I get it. Post as you please).

Trouba in a vacuum is worth more than Nurse. No question. But, we can't afford him with McDavid and Drai due for pay raises. It looks like Trouba is about to get paid serious money.

Throw in Nurse being exempt in the expansion draft and it makes it an easier decision. This trade makes little sense for both sides. WPG is losing the better player, EDM is losing an expansion draft exempt cheap player who will play a major role on this team in 3-5 years. Trading a Dman to acquire a Dman also defeats the purpose of getting deeper and better on the blue line (to be clear, no doubt Trouba is the better player right now).

Makes very little sense for both sides. Probably explained by the fact that OP is a fan of neither.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Trouba has way more currentvalue than Nurse and the Oilers would have to add significantly to acquire Trouba. Trouba is a second pairing with upside and looks like he could be a first pairing guy.

Nurse is not a bust - he was thrown into the fire last year, having to play 1st and 2nd pairing minutes and his inexperience was exposed. Nurse should have been AHL/3rd pairing last year. If he plays 3rd pairing this year and plays well then I would be more than satisfied with his progression as a 2nd year pro. He is way more physical and has nastiness. He is exempt and will be more cap manageable in the immediate future. The Oilers need all of these thngs - we don't have a Buff - we have to sign Draisaitl next year, McDavid the following year. If we gain Trouba we need to trade one of our non-exempt forwards (Draisaitl, RNH, Eberle or Pouliot) or will surely lose them in the Expansion Draft.

Also FTR, a non-Oiler fan started this thread.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
We don't want Trouba and aren't helping Winnipeg out with a soon to be overpaid 2nd pairing defenseman

PS: The Oilers went 2-0-1 with our lame D core and kept the Jets to 1.33GAA last season :laugh: What happened to your roster of Norris and Selke winners?

Trouba would be your best defenceman

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Well this turned petty quickly. It would be nice if OP as a Leafs fan made proposals about his team rather than teams he knows nothing about (yes, free expression I get it. Post as you please).

Trouba in a vacuum is worth more than Nurse. No question. But, we can't afford him with McDavid and Drai due for pay raises. It looks like Trouba is about to get paid serious money.

Throw in Nurse being exempt in the expansion draft and it makes it an easier decision. This trade makes little sense for both sides. WPG is losing the better player, EDM is losing an expansion draft exempt cheap player who will play a major role on this team in 3-5 years. Trading a Dman to acquire a Dman also defeats the purpose of getting deeper and better on the blue line (to be clear, no doubt Trouba is the better player right now).

Makes very little sense for both sides. Probably explained by the fact that OP is a fan of neither.

I hear ya...maybe someone should post a Morrissey for Rielly straight up deal and see how that turns out on here haha.... Morrissey is Jets top young dman prospect(just like Nurse is to Oilers) and Rielly is Leafs young stud dman(as is Trouba for the Jets)... so its pretty much the same

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Some Oilers fans not wanting Trouba who is a young right shooting defenseman with nice size that plays over 22 min a game :shakehead

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Oilers GM would make this trade instantly. But hey babble all that BS if it makes you feel better.

Because YOU ..............'say so'..... ? Thats all you got? Not very convincing.

No. I dont think he would. We would have to leave one of Larrson Trouba or Klefbom exposed in the expansion draft. We cant afford that. Its not about the actual value of the players right now in a vacuum. Its about Salary and expansion too. Those things arent 'bs'.

We traded for Larsson. Its over. We arent trading an exempt player for Trouba or Barrie nor any other non exempt player. Forget it.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Not sure why oilers do this. They already have 2 defencemen like Trouba, but only 1 Nurse

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Because YOU ..............'say so'..... ? Thats all you got? Not very convincing.

No. I dont think he would. We would have to leave one of Larrson Trouba or Klefbom exposed in the expansion draft. We cant afford that. Its not about the actual value of the players right now in a vacuum. Its about Salary and expansion too. Those things arent 'bs'.

We traded for Larsson. Its over. We arent trading an exempt player for Trouba or Barrie nor any other non exempt player. Forget it.

you are aware that its possible to protect 4 defensemen, right?

ohh no, you might lose Benoit Pouliot to Vegas. The horror

Not sure why oilers do this. They already have 2 defencemen like Trouba, but only 1 Nurse

they have a lot of bad defensemen like Nurse actually

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
He's actually very smart. Winner of the OHL scholastic player of the year. I wonder what makes you say low IQ?

Probably his play last season on the "ICE" he looked like a fish outta water. Not his fault Oilers put him in a position he should have never been placed in. The lack of Defensive awareness, Offensive Awareness, Being not able to make a breakout pass, Zone
Coverage. That kind of stuff is what the low hockey IQ is about.

Maybe he gets better maybe he doesn't too early to tell.

He could be the classic all tools no toolbox.

He got away with it in the OHL where his raw tools were too much to handle for other kids. But this is the NHL it's been proven before you need more than just tools to survive especially as a D.

He could top out as a 4-5 D and there is nothing wrong with that.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
you are aware that its possible to protect 4 defensemen, right?

ohh no, you might lose Benoit Pouliot to Vegas. The horror

they have a lot of bad defensemen like Nurse actually

Yes. And for that ONE extra defenseman we would have to only protect 4 forwards, 3 being Lucic , RNH and Eberle right off the hop never mind Yakupov , Maroon , Kassian et all...........

Heres a thought. Instead of going through all those contortions, how about we keep Nurse and say NO.

You keep Trouba, we keep Nurse. All is well.

Here is a bonus: Trouba is worth way more than Nurse. Hes worth more than Drasiaitl. In fact, hes worth more than Mc David. :nod: Happy now?

Now you dont need to argue anymore. :)

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yes. And for that ONE extra defenseman we would have to only protect 4 forwards, 3 being Lucic , RNH and Eberle right off the hop never mind Yakupov , Maroon , Kassian et all...........

Heres a thought. Instead of going through all those contortions, how about we keep Nurse and say NO.

Here is a bonus: Trouba is worth way more than Nurse. Hes worth more than Drasiaitl. In fact, hes worth more than Mc David. :nod: Happy now?

Now you dont need to argue anymore. :)

If you would actually prefer Nurse + Maroon/Kassian to Trouba than you're obviously not very intelligent and I agree, there is no more need to argue

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
The fact that Nurse is waiver eligible, expansion exempt plus making a lot less money on his ELC for the next two years vs Trouba closes the value gap between Nurse and Trouba a lot more than most Jets fans care to admit.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I have to say I agree with Jets fans on this one. Then again I really like Trouba. Klefbom for Trouba straight up?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Forwards: RNH,Eberle,Lucic and Draisaitl
Defenseman: Sekera,Larsson,Klefbom and Trouba
Goalie: Talbot

Yakupov should be traded for whatever picks and prospects you can get.

Possibly losing Maroon or Kassian or any other forwards you can't protect wouldn't be a big deal.

Having a top 4 defense of Sekera,Larsson,Klefbom,Trouba would be huge to having a better Oilers team. Oilers need to be better sooner then later and that top 4 defense with McDavid,RNH,Eberle,Lucic,Draisaitl and Puljujarvi at forward would make for a nice team.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I have to say I agree with Jets fans on this one. Then again I really like Trouba. Klefbom for Trouba straight up?

I would do that. Even add . I think the point for the Jets is they have to protect Enstrom, Buff, and then only 1 spot left for Myers and Trouba.

So they would then have to abandon that and go to 4 defenders , then protecting Shief Wheeler and Little, leaving only 1 spot open for the rest of their forwards to protect.

If they can trade Trouba for an exempt player or picks, they can now protect 7 forwards. If this wasnt an issue, I wouldnt even be discussing Trouba being traded at all. Just re sign the guy.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
The fact that Nurse is waiver eligible, expansion exempt plus making a lot less money on his ELC for the next two years vs Trouba closes the value gap between Nurse and Trouba a lot more than most Jets fans care to admit.

The fact is Trouba is a proven top 4 defenceman and has been for three years where Nurse still needs seasoning in the AHL and is only a year younger.

Of course Nurse makes far less. He is a far worse hockey player

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
The fact is Trouba is a proven top 4 defenceman and has been for three years where Nurse still needs seasoning in the AHL and is only a year younger.

Of course Nurse makes far less. He is a far worse hockey player

Are you saying that Nurse is not going to get any better?

Trouba was very strong his rookie season... and he hasn't improved much since.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Some Oilers fans not wanting Trouba who is a young right shooting defenseman with nice size that plays over 22 min a game :shakehead

I'd take him if he came with a reasonable extension, not for 7X7 for instance. We could most definitely use a defenseman like him to bolster our top 4.

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Trouba

That'd be a very solid top 4 especially if the 3 younger D keep making progress as players.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
:edmonton

Jacob Trouba (RFA Rights)

:jets

Darnell Nurse

Thoughts?

Cheveldayoff would take a tv crew to Edmonton and beat Chiarelli senseless. This isn't just a terrible offer, it's offensive.

*just caught everyone mentioning the op is a leafs fan... Guess that explains it*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad