Proposal: Darnell Nurse for Jacob Trouba straight up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEERnSOUP

Feb 2, 2015
I don't totally buy the Trouba hype at this point, but I think Trouba's worth a fair bit more than Nurse IMO. Nurse wasn't overly impressive. Still young with room to grow but I just don't see them on the same level right now.

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
No thx from Jets, no interest in Nurse when we have Trouba. Hard pass

Oilers are lacking in right handed shots, Jets with lefties. Both are equally dominant players in terms of physicality. The way I see it the pairing would shake up to be

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Trouba
Davidson - Fayne/Reinhart

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Nurse - Myers
Stuart - Postma/Morrissey

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don't totally buy the Trouba hype at this point, but I think Trouba's worth a fair bit more than Nurse IMO. Nurse wasn't overly impressive. Still young with room to grow but I just don't see them on the same level right now.

No hype needed just look at his smart stats, they will show you at 22 he's already performing at a top 2/3 dman level. If he had played in more offensive situations his numbers would of been even more impressive

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
If Nurse is expansion draft exempt, I could see Winnipeg doing Nurse+ for Trouba so they get to keep Byfuglien, Myers, and Enstrom (along with Morrissey!). Otherwise, don't see Winnipeg doing it.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Oilers are lacking in right handed shots, Jets with lefties. Both are equally dominant players in terms of physicality. The way I see it the pairing would shake up to be

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Trouba

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Nurse - Myers

but there needs to be major +'s added to Nurse

that's like Jets fans expecting they can acquire Klefbom(Oilers best young up n coming dman) for Morrissey(Jets top dman prospect) 1 for 1.... cause really, Trouba is Jets top up n coming dman and Nurse is Oilers top dman prospect(I realize Nurse played with Oilers but IMO he should have been in AHL)... and Oilers fans would laugh at that, could you imagine how hard Jets fans would laugh seeing that Trouba is better than Klefbom

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Trouba

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Nurse - Myers

Jets play Trouba on the top pairing left side. Plus we have Josh ready to make an impact. No way Jets down grade from Trouba to Nurse just b/c Nurse a natural lefty. Hard pass on that trade.

If the Jets traded a rhd it would be Myers, which likely won't happen until he proves he's fully recovered. Which is another reason why Trouba won't be traded.

Easy pass

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Winnipeg would be insane to do that without a significant add from the Oilers.

Trouba is much further along in his development, and Nurse has a lot of question marks on him.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

It's going to take a lot to pry Trouba away from the Jets.

Here's an analysis that was posted on the Jets boards (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=120685741&postcount=542).

Friend of mine has been working on what basically is a super Corsi... He's essentially trying to remove team, linemate, competition, zone starts, score, leverage, and other contextual nuances to get to a player's raw impact on shot differentials.

Eventually, this will grow into a full WAR statistic as he adds in other player inputs.

It's still in early developmental stages and far from perfect, but here is the Jets' defenders to keep in mind for next season:

CnQYqNHUkAAlhiq.jpg

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Jets get fleeced...Nurse's ceiling is slowly getting lower and lower. He went from top pairing potential to 2nd pairing potential but right now it doesn't look like a sure thing either. He still needs to do a lot of work to be a #4 or maybe even a #3 whereas Trouba is already there.

And yes, I know Nurse has 2 better defenders ahead of him...he still wouldn't be a good #3/4 even without them 'blocking' him.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I am a huge Nurse fan and would rather not deal him, but this would be a no brainer. Hell, I'd add our 1st. Nurse + 2017 1st is a fair offer, but I'm still not sure the Jets would accept it. As someone already mentioned, Nurse provides an added bonus in being expansion draft exempt.

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Trouba

Our top 4 would finally be a strength instead of a weakness.

Barness01

Jan 28, 2016
Oilers need someone who can run the power play, there's no point bringing in trouba who'd fill a similar role that Larsson does

BEERnSOUP

Feb 2, 2015
No hype needed just look at his smart stats, they will show you at 22 he's already performing at a top 2/3 dman level. If he had played in more offensive situations his numbers would of been even more impressive

I mean Gardiner has pretty awesome advanced stats as well as a great contract, but no one around here outside of Leafs fans seem to think he's any good. I don't pretend to be an expert with advanced stats but one thing I notice a lot is someone with good advanced stats is immediately heralded as top pairing because "look at the numbers" when those numbers would likely take a bit of a hit if they moved up the depth chart. How much of a hit can only be known if they get that usage.

I don't watch a million jets games or anything, but I see Trouba as one of the better middle pairing guys right now with a lot of potential still. May or may not be correct. It will be interesting to see what he signs for, hopefully the same or similar to what Rielly/Jones got. I have to wonder if he's asking a good chunk more than Rielly/Jones though since a deal isn't done yet. Even if it would be cause for moves down the road due to cap allocation I'd think Trouba on a 5mx6yr or similar would be a good trade chip. Can't see why management would hesitate on a deal like that and if they aren't sold on him you'd think they could cash in by moving him to someone who is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad