Value of: Dante Fabbro to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I'm not a Predator fan but his value seems hard to guage at this point.

I remember him being highly regarded last year and iirc, valued in the middle of the 1st round to slightly higher.

But his stock has fallen since then, ice time has dropped and never really took next step and solidified himself as a bonafide, impactful top4dman.

If i had to guess, maybe an early to middle 2nd round pick right now if NSH wanted to give him a chance somewhere else.

• Wow
Reactions: Coffees

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
With the trade of Glass the preds don’t need to move Fabbro and I don’t think they will. If nothing else he is valuable depth that they’ll need for the playoffs.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The Preds already have to break in 1-2 Dmen this year. They only have 6 NHL Dmen right now. So it makes no sense for them to move Fabbro unless they’re getting an NHL Dman in return.

That Edmonton Instagram Account doesn’t look like they did their research before throwing Fabbro and Tomasino out there, as if there’s a deal in place with Nashville. There’s just as good of a chance, that this Edmonton deal they supposedly have in their back pocket, is Justin Holl, or Timmons, or someone like that.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

I remember him being highly regarded last year and iirc, valued in the middle of the 1st round to slightly higher.

But his stock has fallen since then, ice time has dropped and never really took next step and solidified himself as a bonafide, impactful top4dman.

If i had to guess, maybe an early to middle 2nd round pick right now if NSH wanted to give him a chance somewhere else.
Fabbro has just never developed an offensive game in the NHL. He was drafted as an offensive defenseman, but he sees the game slower than he should. He doesn’t take dumb penalties and his defensive game is soild so he’s not a liability.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Never happen.

Weird you should say this. I don't think Fabbro is an "untouchable" type player, and local media and NHL pundits keep bringing his name up in relation to the Oilers.

Maybe Nashville and Edmonton can't come to terms, but I bet there have been discussions already.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Weird you should say this. I don't think Fabbro is an "untouchable" type player, and local media and NHL pundits keep bringing his name up in relation to the Oilers.

Maybe Nashville and Edmonton can't come to terms, but I bet there have been discussions already.
Nashville in no hurry to trade Fabbro. Wishful thinking by the Oilers. Panic mode starting to set in.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024

A draft pick isn't going to play on their right side, though, so i would imagine your valuation is way off from Nashville's perspective.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I think its less that he's untouchable and more that Edmonton doesn't really have a piece available that would make sense for Nashville.

The Predators don't need cap space, so a cap dump situation doesn't work. The Predator's are going for it now, so they aren't going to be interested in futures (and they have better prospect and FAR better pick depth than Edmonton anyways) and Edmonton's entire roster falls into at least one category of: players they'd be idiotic to trade, guys they just signed/re-signed, guys that have full trade protection and guys that other teams wouldn't be interested in.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If Edmonton wanted to take a run at Fabbro the time to do it would have been earlier in the offseason before the Preds moved Glass for cap reasons and when there was more options for replacement.

Seems like Preds are giving Fabbro one more go, maybe if they get some positive development from some of their younger guys they’ll trade him as a pending ufa in the second half of the season.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Fabbro has unfairly gotten the short end of the stick and is once again looking like he'll be 7D but also after our seven defenseman, we don't have much of anything so he is needed.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He's the equivalent of a veteran swing tackle on an NFL playoff team. Valuable depth even if he's not likely to play as much as he could elsewhere. Worth more to the team than it's worth paying to acquire him.

Now if one of the young guys shows up and shows out and looks to be ahead of schedule MAYBE Trotz decides to move him during the year...but I just don't really see it.

Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
On this board, Fabbro was deemed expendable earlier in the offseason, but then the Predators got rid of Cody Glass. They were active in free agency this year, they are obviously trying to improve and make a push to be a contender, so while Fabbro may not be a core guy for them, I don't see any incentive in bringing him in for the picks that Edmonton would have to offer for him. Unless the Predators fall out of the playoff race, or they find a way to upgrade on Fabbro, I don't expect they would move him. I agree that he might be the ideal guy for Edmonton, I have brought his name up previously, but Dante Fabbro isn't going to be moved for picks.

Problem is he 12 months away from UFA and he will be getting a massive raise from the current 2.5.
He'll be in line for a raise as a UFA, but it will only be a "massive" raise if he kicks his game up a notch this season, or if someone just flat out overpays him. You're right though, in that he could be a rental, which wouldn't be ideal.

Fabbro has unfairly gotten the short end of the stick and is once again looking like he'll be 7D but also after our seven defenseman, we don't have much of anything so he is needed.
Well if this is true, we can trade you a cheaper 7D in a package. I can't expect the Preds to really be interested in that though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad