Rumor: Dan Cleary leaving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
the more action on cleary, the better. way more likely holland gets outbid

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance now

Told Penguins in the mix for Dan Cleary today as well.

Chris Nichols ‏@Nichols_NHLPool 1m

#Pens in the mix for Daniel Cleary. Sidney Crosby put in a call to him this afternoon, per @HeleneStJames.

Gee, what does the rest of the NHL know that this HF Wings section is missing?

Hmmmmm.....

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Gee, what does the rest of the NHL know that this HF Wings section is missing?

Hmmmmm.....

Yeah, I don't hate Cleary, it's just that he's being asked to take a bigger role than his current skillet allows. He's a gritty, team first guy, what's not to like? Having said all that I don't want him back, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have value.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
They're still planning on playing Tatar and Nyquist, correct?

Nyquist will be in the top 6. I'm worried that Babcock is stating there isn't enough size in the top 6. The only 210+ guy is Franzen.

Perhaps that's why the Morrow/Cleary returning rumors are being floated around.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Maybe resigning Cleary comes with a death-threat to Babs if Danny gets anywhere near a skill minute?

I'm just spitballing here. :(

I mean all along I never really thought the problem was Cleary; it's not his fault Babcock thinks he's 50% better than he is :(

crashman

If they sign Cleary, it's exactly what I wanted except we got Alfie instead of Iggy. But even at 40 years old, I think Alfie is the better player right now, so it works out. (yes, I said I want Cleary, but only at the right price).

Holland did well this off-season.

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013
If they sign Cleary, it's exactly what I wanted except we got Alfie instead of Iggy. But even at 40 years old, I think Alfie is the better player right now, so it works out. (yes, I said I want Cleary, but only at the right price).

Holland did well this off-season.

The right price is zero dollars. Where do you want Cleary to play?

crashman

The right price is zero dollars. Where do you want Cleary to play?

3rd line with Helm and Abdelkader.

The problem is, we I have about 3 guys that are completely unnecessary; Tootoo, Emmerton and Sammy.

This logjam runs deep. It's going to be interesting to see who says and who goes, and in which manner.

I'm starting to think Holland really plans on moving one of Tatar or Nyquist in a package for a D-man.

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013
3rd line with Helm and Abdelkader.

The problem is, we I have about 3 guys that are completely unnecessary; Tootoo, Emmerton and Sammy.

none of those 3 are figured to be on the 3rd line next season anyway

Amyklas

Jul 3, 2013
This is a better lineup than anything Cleary could offer:

Z-Dats-Alfie
Mule-Weiss-Goose
Abby-Andy/Helm-Tatar
Miller-Helm/Andy-Eaves

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
I want Cleary gone and think he overstayed a couple years frankly... but it should be pretty clear that his biggest value is leadership. I think he's like a captain part 2 in the lockerroom. Whenever Z, Dats or Kronner talk about the leadership they always add Cleary's name to that core of leaders.

And after the last few playoffs for Pittsburgh where the leaders are young, I can see them wanting a veteran leader who doesn't demand a letter on his jersey, can play any role (if not well imo) and seems to like mentoring.

crashman

none of those 3 are figured to be on the 3rd line next season anyway

Umm...well, obviously Cleary isn't signed, but Helm and Abby are almost certainly going to be on the 3rd line.

Are you implying that we signed Weiss for $5m to be our 3rd line center? Or that Andersson has leaped Helm in our depth chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad