Post-Game Talk: Dallas wins and my schwartz watch quit again...

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
The power play, 0-for-2 on Saturday and 1-for-15 on the season, continues to be a major f***ing problem.
It's time to remove Nuge (who doesn't ever want to shoot) and replace him with Arvidsson or Jeff Skinner.
The offense is as much an issue as the goaltending and Defense. Mcdavid and drai another bad start to a season

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So many fails on this team right now. I think every single dman (except make Kulak) was guilty of blowing basic coverage and failing to make standard zone clears. Top line giving the puck away without a care in the world and directly responsible for GA again. Stuart Skinner vastly outplayed by his counterpart.

Woke up at 5:00 AM on a Sunday to watch this game. Was that ever a bad call on my part. :(
I didn’t see Nurse and Stecher play awful

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The offense is as much an issue as the goaltending and Defense. Mcdavid and drai another bad start to a season

I'm not worried about those 2 long term. What I've had enough of though is seeing them loaded up. It's okay to do it after the Oilers finish a PK, but aside from that, it should only be on the PP with those 2 on the ice together.

What's the point of signing Skinner/Arvidsson if we just load up McDrai. Enough is enough.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yet some people think he should/deserves a big fat pay raise like Oettinger lol.
I’m not sure what the Sportsnet crew was going for earlier in the game when they were talking about Oettenger’s new deal and comparing his stats to Skinner’s (tied in save percentage last year and Skinner had one more win). Then they showed stats from goalies drafted that year while talking about Swayman’s new deal. This Oilers broadcasting crew couldn’t possibly be suggesting Skinner deserves a similar contract could they? It’s stupid if they are for many reasons.

Reactions: iCanada and McAsuno

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Because this is English to you....

"How dare he be 11-2 on the for after that, "

?
It's called swipe texting. If you've been on the internet long enough, you tend to get an idea of what people are trying to say when they type fast. I guess I can run it through ChatGPT and check for errors....

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I’m not sure what the Sportsnet crew was going for earlier in the game when they were talking about Oettenger’s new deal and comparing his stats to Skinner’s (tied in save percentage last year and Skinner had one more win). Then they showed stats from goalies drafted that year while talking about Swayman’s new deal. This Oilers broadcasting crew couldn’t possibly be suggesting Skinner deserves a similar contract could they? It’s stupid if they are for many reasons.

I've seen the Oilersnation people yap about it too. If Skinner asks for that kind of money, you tell him to f*** off. No way in hell does he deserve that kind of money.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
And we have not one, not two, but three fifty goal scorers on the team, plus a D capable of a PPG and RNH who's good for about the same.

2 GF/G isn't going to get it done for any team with SC aspirations.
Hyman happened to be a 50 goal scorer. Almost anybody in the world recognized that as extreme outlier.

Drai is not a likely 50 goal scorer anymore and McD injured hand probably isn't either this year.

Agreed that we need more goals. We will get more goals.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
I've seen the Oilersnation people yap about it too. If Skinner asks for that kind of money, you tell him to f*** off. No way in hell does he deserve that kind of money.
The Oilersnation clowns think he's a great goalie. 90% of their takes are made for clicks and engagement, lol.

Start with no longer loading up 29 and 97, coach kthx
They should just let the second unit stay out for almost 2 minutes at this point, wouldn't make much of a difference.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The Oilersnation clowns think he's a great goalie. 90% of their takes are made for clicks and engagement, lol.

Some of them ain't entirely too bad. Woz is very nice.
But when I heard that they felt there's an argument to be made for Skinner to be making Oettinger type of money, I was like ?????????????????

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
You defend Leon so much like he never makes a mistake bud. Maybe tell him TO WAKE UP?
You mean the guy that scored the only goal and that setup Hyman, Booch, McD, Horse many times. The guy that 3X in the game came out with puck after being double teamed. Drai wasn't bad today. If you think he was...

If we were facing Skinner Drai would have 2G 3A tonight.

Reactions: Duke74

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I hope I am wrong but this team is too soft/ finesse to win a cup and don’t have the goaltending.It needs some grit and speed added. Was hoping they would add that this offseason but they have even less now

Reactions: Ibanez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Should I be happy that my fiancee bought me a Janmark jersey then. Hahaha. (Kidding aside, chose Janmark because that guy works his ass off)
GaSWWE7awAAf3p_
It was on sale.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton

"Hey Bob, we're gonna sign Stu to an 8x8 extension we need you to go on during the intermission and get the fans used to the idea." ;)

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I didn’t see Nurse and Stecher play awful
Nurse was OK I guess. Stecher took a terrible penalty (quite a dangerous play on his part actually) and got caught in no man’s land on the third Dallas goal. Couple stupid giveaways too. Not his best game imo.

I know the way hits are counted in this league is quite suspect, but how was the entire Oilers d-corps only credited with two hits today? That’s weak, soft hockey. Eight giveaways though …

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Nurse was OK I guess. Stecher took a terrible penalty (quite a dangerous play on his part actually) and got caught in no man’s land on the third Dallas goal. Couple stupid giveaways too. Not his best game imo.

I know the way hits are counted in this league is quite suspect, but how was the entire Oilers d-corps only credited with two hits today? That’s weak, soft hockey. Eight giveaways though …

Didn't we have like 2 hits compared to 20+ from the flyers game?
I miss Kaner. Can't wait until he's back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad