Post-Game Talk: Dallas wins and my schwartz watch quit again...

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
This game wasn’t on goaltending it was on special teams again.

To put it into perspective the only worse PP’s in the league right now are the ones that haven’t scored at all. Our PK is near the bottom too. The first goal was classic. Win the draw walk in shoot. We had two PP’s before they got that chance and passed it around the outside the entire time.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Think at this point we've had enough of a sample size to say Stuart Skinner is just an average at best goalie, the Oilers basically need to play almost perfect and he looks fine then, but so would like 25 other goalies in that circumstance.
Who would have thought?

He has the worst 3 important qualities of goaltending.
He moved like a anchor
He can’t read or react
Can’t do splits

Yeah he’s one of the worst starting goalies in the league

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
After 6 games we are just as bad as last year

This year
2-4-0
60.2% Corsi
38% GF
58.4% xGF
60.2% HDSC

Last Year
1-3-1
57.49% Corsi
38.89% GF
55.34% xGF
60.32% HDSC

So with an alleged better roster, no Campbell, easier strength of schedule, and a “better coach”.
This team is literally an overtime win instead of an OT loss better.

They do this every year. It's not just a two year thing.

Every regular season will have a stretch where they play like a bottom 3 team for a few weeks.

It used to happen like clockwork around late November heading into December (December Drai), now it's just migrated to becoming a start of the season tradition.

At this point it is what it is.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The power play, 0-for-2 on Saturday and 1-for-15 on the season, continues to be a major f***ing problem.
It's time to remove Nuge (who doesn't ever want to shoot) and replace him with Arvidsson or Jeff Skinner.
They showed a graphic that said that we had 10 shots on 14 PP's. That's what happens when you try to pass the puck into the net. Everyone knows that we are trying to force the puck cross ice to Drai. Connor and Nuge need to shoot the damn puck more to keep the PK's honest.

Reactions: McAsuno

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why this team has never invested in an elite goaltender during McDrai’s prime years, I’ll never understand. They gambled and lost on Campbell, and Skinner certainly isn’t it. Should have targeted one of Boston’s goalies and tried to make the money work.
We did… he screwed us over in free agency

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Curious if McDavid is 100%. I know it is early but he seem a little off to me

Why this team has never invested in an elite goaltender during McDrai’s prime years, I’ll never understand. They gambled and lost on Campbell, and Skinner certainly isn’t it. Should have targeted one of Boston’s goalies and tried to make the money work.

You did know the Oilers almost had Markstrom? but they were something like 500k a year apart .

Here is one article from earlier this year

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Maybe just fire JJ and go from there

#FireTheMall is back baby!

Who would have thought?

He has the worst 3 important qualities of goaltending.
He moved like a anchor
He can’t read or react
Can’t do splits

Yeah he’s one of the worst starting goalies in the league

Can’t wait for Stu to bounce back and for you to continue to post like he shot your dog.

• Love
Reactions: NotAVacuumSalesman

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Defensively we were really good for most of the game.

The Oilers will always do the "let down when you dominate most of the game and then the goalie lets in a kinda easy one". Seen that happen about 50 times over the years.
in the post you quoted I was saying the Stars were awful today, not the Oilers. We just couldn’t take advantage of that which is just one more thing we should be concerned about.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
You did know the Oilers almost had Markstrom? but they were something like 500k a year apart .
I don’t think he was ever coming to Edmonton.

There was a video of him and his lifestyle that he prefers, also the fact he was good friends with Lindholm made it a lot easier to choose the guys down the highway.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
All that pressure in the first 2 perioids and they had absolutely nothing to show for it.
Special teams and 5x5 offence essentially lost the game.
PK is absolute junk...worst in the NHL.
PP isnt much better.
Questionable decisions in the D zone.

Still lots of work to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad