Proposal: Dallas - Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One-liners like this should be awarded an infraction. If you don't like the thread, just stay out of it. Can't be that hard.

100% agree with this. One liner posts with no respectful context provided should be attacked by the mods. Over and over again until we establish a better culture. Some are taking it too far and then others see it (or it's done to them) and think they can do it too. Lots of belittle hero's out there. Don't like it, either move on to other threads where you want to chat or drop a line saying something of value with context. It's not that difficult

As far as this trade? I doubt the Leafs trade Matthews who is one of the best players in the NHL today. This Habs fan is willing to admit how good that guy is.

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
How about

Klingberg, Faksa and Holtby
For
Kerfoot, Robertson, Holl and Veeti Miettinen.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This is what being detached from reality looks like.

It's detached from reality to suggest that the most valuable player in the league in terms of revenue, arguably the best player in the league this season, best goal scorer in the league, would be untouchable? There would be exactly 1 scenario where he was moved and it would be if McDavid was offered straight up.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
OP cannot be serious.
I get that if the Leafs fail again in the playoffs a serious shake-up is in order, but Matthews would likely be the one completely untouchable player.

I'd love to get Heiskanen and the Leafs blue line needs major help, but not at the price of a generational scorer, an elite talent overall and possible Hart trophy winner this year. Which of course means no Heiskanen but the Leafs would be better suited targeting a second-pairing D-man at a far less cost.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
It's detached from reality to suggest that the most valuable player in the league in terms of revenue, arguably the best player in the league this season, best goal scorer in the league, would be untouchable? There would be exactly 1 scenario where he was moved and it would be if McDavid was offered straight up.

I could care less how "untouchable" you think any player is. The discussion is of value because this is a hypothetical trade board. If you think Matthews by himself is more valuable than Hintz, Robertson, and Heiskanen combined, you're detached from reality. Full stop.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Dallas

Matthews
Reilly
Sandin

Toronto

Robertson
Hintz
Heiskanen

Matthews heads home south of the border, Rielly replaces Heiskanen and Sandin to anchor the blue line.

Leafs downgrade from Matthews > Hintz but replace him with Heiskanen and reunite the Robertson brothers.

So who says no?
Does this work cap wise for Dallas?

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Matthews is the best out of the six but Toronto is also sending the two worst. Both teams say no, lock the thread.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I heard that Matthews won the Rocket last year and is leading the goal-scoring race this year.

Maybe the OP hadn't noticed.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Matthews got 95 goals and 54 points more than all 3 of them combined , I'll pass.
Also been in the league longer. Wonder if that played a role.

anyone can be traded. The great one was traded and he is better than Matthew’s. That being said this is a massive overpayment from Dallas. Leaf fans clearly don’t want Dallas games and are very bias when it comes to valuing their players.

go look at Robertsons stats in his first 100 games and compare that to Matthew’s. Not saying he is at Matthew’s level yet but Matthew’s is not worth adding Roope and Miro.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Also been in the league longer. Wonder if that played a role.

anyone can be traded. The great one was traded and he is better than Matthew’s. That being said this is a massive overpayment from Dallas. Leaf fans clearly don’t want Dallas games and are very bias when it comes to valuing their players.

go look at Robertsons stats in his first 100 games and compare that to Matthew’s. Not saying he is at Matthew’s level yet but Matthew’s is not worth adding Roope and Miro.

6 season for Matthews. 10 seasons for all 3 player combined but ok.
Matthwes is on another level than J Robertson , Don't get me wrong Jason Roberson is a really good player. Who's had some incredible game as of recent but Matthews bring consistency every year. His lowest scoring year was 34 goals in 62 games .

I think Dallas star's are over valuing a 2 game streak of 6 goals SUPER IMPRESSIVE don't get me wrong but the consistency Matthew has brought over his first 6 season is undeniable . Improving each year , and ramping up into his prime years . Sandin's a solid prospect but notwhere near the value of Hesikanen . Reilly is a super Solid #2 D I don't think he's an elite number 1 I'll be honest with that . Matthew's is top 3 Players in the League right now . You don't trade top 3 players unless you're getting an over payment. With all this said I think both team's are happy with the players they got and only time will see who win's this trade.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I could care less how "untouchable" you think any player is. The discussion is of value because this is a hypothetical trade board. If you think Matthews by himself is more valuable than Hintz, Robertson, and Heiskanen combined, you're detached from reality. Full stop.

He absolutely is to the Leafs. Full stop.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
And who would those 2 be? Some of you are clueless here in regards to the difference between good players and exceptional ones. Matthews is on another level with the McDavids, MacKinnons etc. None of the Star players is remotely close to being in those discussions.

superman-joke.gif

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
And who would those 2 be? Some of you are clueless here in regards to the difference between good players and exceptional ones. Matthews is on another level with the McDavids, MacKinnons etc. None of the Star players is remotely close to being in those discussions.

Robertson in his second season is obliterating what AM was doing in his second season.

Heiskanen is one the top defenders, regardless of how little acknowledgment he gets. He isn’t know for his offense because the team system is shit, but he is one of the best defenders in individual expected goals for, individual scoring chances for and leads in individual high danger chances for. While playing THE hardest competition in the league and boasting some of the lowest expected goals against at 5v5.

Last edited:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Dallas

Matthews
Reilly
Sandin

Toronto

Robertson
Hintz
Heiskanen

Matthews heads home south of the border, Rielly replaces Heiskanen and Sandin to anchor the blue line.

Leafs downgrade from Matthews > Hintz but replace him with Heiskanen and reunite the Robertson brothers.

So who says no?
AM34 is the premier goal scorer in the world. There isn't a package short of mcdavid that the leafs would entertain. Beyond ridiculous l.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
AM34 is the premier goal scorer in the world. There isn't a package short of mcdavid that the leafs would entertain. Beyond ridiculous l.
You shouldn’t except a deal for him. Matthew’s is the player you build around.

That being said this trade favors the leafs. That is too much for Dallas to part with. I get premier goal scorer. Robertson just played his 100th game. Over the last 20 NHL seasons, Jason Robertson is the 9th highest scoring player through their first 100 career games. His total stat line: 43 goals-54 assists-97 points. Btw that is higher than Matthew’s.

it’s fine to love your guy and I love watching him too. But don’t discredit another guy who you clearly did not realize was as good as he is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad