Post-Series Talk: Dallas Stars defeat the Vegas Golden Knights, 4-3

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas, Mantha move was a dud. Good luck with the Hertl contract, he looked really slow out there. Stephenson and Karlson were no shows. Got some work to do.
Pretty sure Karlssons been playing injured, and while he wasn't scoring he was still doing things in other areas and trying which is more than most his team mates sadly.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Well as a person who lives in Vegas and has to deal with a largely ignorant and insufferable fanbase, I am thrilled.

To those around here who don’t fit that mold, sorry for your loss.

Also, really happy that horrific penalty on otter didn’t decide the game in any meaningful way

Reactions: Elysian

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Definitely don't mind seeing a team that gets greasy to load up going out in the first round. Vegas' fall from grace is going to be swift with all the futures they've given up. Might not happen next season, but its going to happen soon.
We're probably going to hang around the bubble for a good long while but not be quite bad enough to start stockpiling high picks. Gonna be a painful middling period I expect. Don't really see how the McGMs can get this team back to cup contention.

Stone is broken, Pietrangelo will be 35 next year, Martinez is probably gone, Marchessault is probably gone, Hague and Whitecloud look like they've declined. At least these guys got the city one and they can individually hang their hat on that, but yeah, it's going to be rough sledding for a good long while. They have to actually start focusing on drafting and development.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Those deadline acquisitions back fired on Kelly McCrimmon. Maybe next years deadline they acquire Mitch Marner.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
1714964668892.gif

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
We're probably going to hang around the bubble for a good long while but not be quite bad enough to start stockpiling high picks. Gonna be a painful middling period I expect. Don't really see how the McGMs can get this team back to cup contention.

Stone is broken, Pietrangelo will be 35 next year, Martinez is probably gone, Marchessault is probably gone, Hague and Whitecloud look like they've declined. At least these guys got the city one and they can individually hang their hat on that, but yeah, it's going to be rough sledding for a good long while. They have to actually start focusing on drafting and development.
Hell of an accomplishment to have such a young franchise achieve the success they have had. Not sure how it unfolds for them over the next couple years but they got it done, no matter what other fanbases say and part of their rage is flat out jealousy of a management team willing to do what it takes. I don’t like it personally but so what, they’ve done great things.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hell of an accomplishment to have such a young franchise achieve the success they have had. Not sure how it unfolds for them over the next couple years but they got it done, no matter what other fanbases say and part of their rage is flat out jealousy of a management team willing to do what it takes. I don’t like it personally but so what, they’ve done great things.
Yeah if that's the price of going all in, hard to be too upset. Some teams haven't won their first after decades. Others haven't come close in decades from their last win.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
So relieved that Vegas isn’t repeating. If Vegas repeat this year, this board would explode. Imagine an organization winning 2 cups in just 7 years of existence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad