Value of: Dalibor Dvorský to Philadelphia

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There's every chance that's a 6-10 pick this year. I understand you value your player but don't be silly.

Oh, we are being silly. Ignore me.
The whole premise is silly. It makes zero sense to trade our top prospect for a package of lesser parts, so you would have to severely overpay for us to even consider. What would you ask for michkov?

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
This whole thread is ridiculous. Like I said unless there is a rift with the team, why? St. Louis obviously sees him in their future and rightly so. The Flyers would have to overspend, spoiling their own rebuild. We are not even close yet to being a threat to anyone
lol right? i realize most of these trade proposal threads are an exercise in ignorance and ridiculousness but this one is beyond that haha

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

NotTheRocketman

Jul 13, 2021
He fits Flyers' playing style, rebuild timeline and positional need. St.Louis' core players are 25-33, looks like Dalibor doesn't fit this core's timeline and St.Louis could use someone who does. Is there a chance he's available? What are the Blues' needs?

P.S. Oh, and he's a good buddy of Alex Ciernik and Matvey Michkov, potential for a good chemistry in the locker room and on the ice.
He's exactly in line with the Blues re-tool, about two years away. I don't see a chance in hell Army would move him.

The Don Hughes

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
He fits Flyers' playing style, rebuild timeline and positional need. St.Louis' core players are 25-33, looks like Dalibor doesn't fit this core's timeline and St.Louis could use someone who does. Is there a chance he's available? What are the Blues' needs?

P.S. Oh, and he's a good buddy of Alex Ciernik and Matvey Michkov, potential for a good chemistry in the locker room and on the ice.
I don't see any piece the Flyers have that would make the Blues give up on him. The Blues aren't contending and have no reasons to trade him for similar piece.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
This is a big year fod dvorsky.

I can't be the only blues fan very concerned over his lack of production against higher competition.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

I can't be the only blues fan very concerned over his lack of production against higher competition.
The context is that DVo was buried on IK Oskarshamm and got very little TOI.

We were concerned as well, but understood that he was getting shoved down the bench. Quickly moving him to the OHL was, of course, the right play.

Our only concern right now is that he needs to get a little better with his skating, like a more explosive first stride to create immediate separation.

Our expectations for this season are that he will push really hard to make the opening night roster, get in a few games to start, but ultimately play a good chunk of the season in Springfield. That's the right move. Much stronger competition in the AHL.

Future 2C.

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

If you're talking about in regards to his SHL season last season, it's not great sure. But it's not like he was put in exactly the easiest place to succeed. Oskarsham was 8-35 and ended up being relegated. He also received very limited ice time while there.

He wasn't put in a position to succeed as an 18 year old kid by any means.

He's also a very late birthday for the draft class.

Concern a bit sure, but i'm not going to take a 10 game sample size from an 18 year old playing on the worst team in the league and expect him to have dominated.

Heck, when put in the OHL in a great situation he was nearly a 2PPG player.

I would be more concerned this year if he can't get ice time in Springfield and they move him to Orlando in the ECHL.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Any concern you may have had should have been put to rest once the Blues took direct control of Dvorsky's development. His only mistake was leaving Stockholm and AIK where they knew him when he could have gotten Allsvenskan minutes and a bigger role. Instead he signed with what ended up being the worst team in the SHL just days before the draft. Joining a team immediately facing their own internal concerns over being relegated was a bad move but I'm really tired of this narrative that Dvorsky was at fault somehow other than picking a steaming pile of shit team to play for. His ice time was drastically cut over a 4 game span culminating in a healthy scratch. Making that an 18 year old Dvorsky's fault is pathetic and just lets Oskarshamn off the hook for not knowing what the f*** they're doing as evidenced by their last in the league record.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s a big year for Dvorsky as he’s struggled playing against men. Hopefully after they were able to put him in the CHL last year after his Rocky start in the SHL, he’s now better prepared to take this next step.

That said, even if he struggles the first half of this upcoming season, and ends up playing half the season in the ECHL, the Blues are in this for the long run.… He’s too skilled not to just get out of his way. Put him in the best position to succeed, and let him develop.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
It’s a big year for Dvorsky as he’s struggled playing against men. Hopefully after they were able to put him in the CHL last year after his Rocky start in the SHL, he’s now better prepared to take this next step.

That said, even if he struggles the first half of this upcoming season, and ends up playing half the season in the ECHL, the Blues are in this for the long run.… He’s too skilled not to just get out of his way. Put him in the best position to succeed, and let him develop.

The chances of him playing a second in the ECHL are zero. Not sure why people are making a big deal about an 18 year old not dominating right away in a pro men's league. He's gonna be fine.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
The chances of him playing a second in the ECHL are zero. Not sure why people are making a big deal about an 18 year old not dominating right away in a pro men's league. He's gonna be fine.

I think if last years history with Bolduc and how slow he started in the AHL in terms of point production is any tell tale sign. Dvorsky's going to have a pretty long runway in Springfield.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I think if last years history with Bolduc and how slow he started in the AHL in terms of point production is any tell tale sign. Dvorsky's going to have a pretty long runway in Springfield.

And then Bolduc looked like a real contributor with a well-rounded game in the NHL by the end of the season. Trends and predictive numbers are not even strong indicators across the board in the first place, let alone on the individual level. Development arcs vary a lot and people want to base their fears and hopes on so little. It's okay to say we don't know about something and leave it at that. But good luck convincing most Message Board level fans of that.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Blues fans have put Dvorsky and Snuggy on a massive pedestal. Both of these guys have a long way to go before being "Untouchable" or considered "Core" pieces.

Dvorsky was a disaster and looked completely out of place in the SweHL last year. There where several 18-19 year olds that where solid in that league, Dvorsky wasnt one of them.

Snuggy seems destined to enjoy as much time in college as he can, and his numbers dropped off last year. Pretty clear Snuggy benefited greatly from Knies and Cooley his freshman season.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Blues fans have put Dvorsky and Snuggy on a massive pedestal. Both of these guys have a long way to go before being "Untouchable" or considered "Core" pieces.

Dvorsky was a disaster and looked completely out of place in the SweHL last year. There where several 18-19 year olds that where solid in that league, Dvorsky wasnt one of them.

Snuggy seems destined to enjoy as much time in college as he can, and his numbers dropped off last year. Pretty clear Snuggy benefited greatly from Knies and Cooley his freshman season.
I'm only seeing him as having played 10 games in the SHL last season. Did he barely get any playing time in those games? Looks like they just kind of threw him onto the team. I know the OHL is a much lower level league, but his stats were very good there at least..

I haven't watched him at all recently.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I'm only seeing him as having played 10 games in the SHL last season. Did he barely get any playing time in those games? Looks like they just kind of threw him onto the team. I know the OHL is a much lower level league, but his stats were very good there at least..

I haven't watched him at all recently.
I watched almost every one of those games. He started on the 3rd line and by game 7ish he was moved down to extra forward. He did get a chance to show he could hang and contribute and he could not, he was regularly the worst forward on the ice for the worst team in the league. It doesn't mean he's a bust, but it does mean he has things to work on against professional competition to make him a successful player (It's not just his skating and explosiveness). He will hopefully do that in the AHL.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
I watched almost every one of those games. He started on the 3rd line and by game 7ish he was moved down to extra forward. He did get a chance to show he could hang and contribute and he could not, he was regularly the worst forward on the ice for the worst team in the league. It doesn't mean he's a bust, but it does mean he has things to work on against professional competition to make him a successful player (It's not just his skating and explosiveness). He will hopefully do that in the AHL.
Agree he has the potential, but has a lot of work to do before he gets to a level to call him a "Core" or Untouchable".
On his own Team in the OHL he was out played by Quentin Musty, who was selected 16 picks later in the first round.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
@Thallis & @TurgPavs thanks for tamping the expectations a little. I got Dvorsky as the future 2C, but I'm not sold on Snuggerud. DVo must prove himself in SPR. We will see if he can keep up with the Blues veterans during TC.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

I think anyone would benefit from playing with 2 NHLers as linemattes in college. His goal totals however didn't really drop off. He did taper off towards the end of the season and i'm not so sure he ever fully recovered from the injury/sickness from the WJC. That team that year was loaded, Faber and LaCombe were also apart of it.

The team last year wasn't a complete mess, but it was certainly a noticable downgrade.

I don't think anyone should really expect Snuggerud to drive a line, I don't think he's that type of player. But his shot will definitely play, and he's been considered a puck hound, both things that will play at the NHL level.

I would agree with the term massive pedestal. But in reality given the tools that each player has, it's really not to far out to think that they will be pretty good top 6 players. There's certainly a bit more question to Dvorsky as opposed to Snuggerud. But both really possess pretty clear NHL and higher end NHL shots. If we're expecting them both to be first liners, it's pretty naive. But I don't think it's that outlandish to think Snuggerud will be a 25-30 goal player at the NHL level in the pretty near future given his toolset. I also don't think it's too outlandish to see Dvorsky as a 20-20 or even 30-30 player at the NHL level, however, the volatility on his end is certainly higher than it is for Snuggerud given what he'll be tasked at to play as a center at the NHL level.

Blues have had a pretty good history with taking guys with good motors, and questionable skating and developing their skating to be NHL level at least. I'd be very surprised if we look back in 10 years and neither player has played over 100 games at the NHL level.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Sure, just give us a C-tier prospect or a late round pick. Whatever you want.. I mean if he is friends with your players, we don't want to break up the bromance.

As for our needs, we could really use a 19 year-old center prospect, who protects the puck well, is really strong, capable of developing a 2-way game, with a great shot, who is say around 6'1, 203 lbs. Maybe someone out of Eastern Europe, Czech or Slovakia. Do you know any players like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad