Value of: Dalibor Dvorský to Philadelphia

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don’t follow either of these teams but I think the blues have a better chance of making the playoffs next year. I’ll start the bidding at Scott Laughton and a 2nd round pick. I have no idea.
??? Why in the hell would the Blues trade a player that they picked in the top 10 last than 2 years ago for. A 2nd round pick and Scott Laughton? Makes absolutely zero sense.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
??? Why in the hell would the Blues trade a player that they picked in the top 10 last than 2 years ago for. A 2nd round pick and Scott Laughton? Makes absolutely zero sense.
I suppose New Jersey could trade Luke Hughes for a 2nd round pick + B Saad. It’s about the same value shortfall as his suggestion.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What? Dvorsky is not that good at all.
Good as what? He’s definitely far more valuable than Frost. So add the unknown 1st and and a sweeter and Philly gets him. St Louis would rightly demand at least 100 cents on the dollar in this trade.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Have to ask, what did you think would be reasonable for this?

The Blues are far far away from making in all in move to try and win over the next couple of years, or a desperation move. That's pretty much the only time you see prospects of that caliber traded unless it's a swap positionally with someone that fits what each team needs better.
Me too. I think it is a fair question from the OP, even though the consensus is that Dvorsky is exactly what the Blues need.

What is fair value for someone like Dvorsky? Purely hypothetical, of course.

I suppose New Jersey could trade Luke Hughes for a 2nd round pick + B Saad. It’s about the same value shortfall as his suggestion.
Not bad. Interesting, at least.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
For Phillys 2025 1st top 5 protected + Frost + B+ prospect or 2025 2nd?

I guess I see the idea there. I don't like it at all. We are far from needing to add depth to our pool. I'm not sold that Frost is a long term NHL player yet. He's young so I would welcome being proved wrong. He doesn't seem to have much trust from Tortorella which given the coach I can see not being a huge deal.

The issue with a 1st from Philly is it's extremely impossible to tell what type of a team Philly is. We have a hole at 2C. Dvorsky most likely will be able to jump in that role in the next 2-3 years when a lot of our contracts that we need to rid are coming off the books.

Unless we are for some reason getting a bonafide #1 D I don't see the Blues needing to make many moves. We have a lot of NHL depth right now that I think we'll take a year or two to sift through and see if any can jump up the lineup a bit.

In summary we have the foundation and a large prospect pool that chipping off an asset into multiple assets makes no sense at all, especially given one of two holes we have are at 2C which it's not unrealistic at all to believe Dvorsky can fill that hole by the time we need him to.

What? Dvorsky is not that good at all.

Well he fits a lot of what we need. Much more than any of the 3 pieces which are probably a larger gamble that we would fill one of our holes with the 3 pieces.

Reactions: Bogey64

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Quick look at each team shows Philly has 4 RW in their top 6 and STL has 1 RS RW in their top 6.

Foerster for Dvorsky probably works for both teams.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
You have wildly misread the Blues situation as a franchise.

Watch Lindstein play more.

I'm good. He reminds me of Romanov in a lot of ways.

Hes a good prospect, he ain't a great prospect. I don't the the top end skill in him that he needs to be in the great prospect category.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Hes a good prospect, he ain't a great prospect. I don't the the top end skill in him that he needs to be in the great prospect category.
To be fair - Romanov just finished his age 23/24 season with a +23 and averaging 21 minutes per game which is solid #3 defenseman territory and one of his playoff appearance featured logging over 32 minutes in which he was a +2. He's not an NHL star but he's a damn good player.

Romanov was a great prospect and is a really good NHL defenseman. I think we need to recalibrate what a "great prospect" is if being Romanov Mark II isn't a "great prospect". To me, the way Lindstein has blossomed in the past year, even if his upside is high-end second pair - that definitely puts him in "great prospect" territory.

Picking nits here at descriptors I know...but if you honestly think he can be another Romanov, I'm not sure how that disqualifies him from blue-chip prospect territory. (Emphasis on "prospect" of course)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

You won’t see that from many defensive prospects that are also considered sound defensively.

It’s no mystery that the making of a #1 probably aren’t there. But he really looks like a good bet to be a good partner in the top 4 who can skate, defend and move the puck very well.

I for one would take that bet and hope he can become a Faber versus taking the bet that a guy like Parekh can be a Makar.

Romanov was a lot different of a prospect but probably fills a similar role in terms of being a #2 if things shake right. He was just a lot more physical and I don’t think he had the high end passing Lindstein does.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Quick look at each team shows Philly has 4 RW in their top 6 and STL has 1 RS RW in their top 6.

Foerster for Dvorsky probably works for both teams.

Don’t dislike Forester. But we have a much larger need for a 2C than a winger due to handedness when 2 of our 3 best forwards are also right handed.

I think the only way you get the Blues to even remotely consider trading Dvorsky in the next couple of years is by dangling a young defenseman who looks like a good bet to be a #1.

We have so much depth at every position and have a lot of young guys now after Broberg and Holloway that are competing for spots at the NHL level that Dvorsky/Stenberg/Snuggeruds/Bolduc being ready in the next year isn’t a big concern.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Dvorsky is most likely headed to play for Steve Konowalchuk in AHL Springfield and I was totally looking forward to that so I'm sorry Alex but no can do buddy. Have you seen Steve's team mugshots? They're hilarious and after listening to a long form interview with him I have this feeling this is going to prove to be a huge development year for Dvorsky under Konowalchuk's coaching. His timetable for NHL play is the either late this coming season or the '25-'26 season and the Blues have a giant crater at 2C which is desperately in need of help. They're playing Buchnevich at 2C this year or at least that's been the communicated plan but their long term solution starting late in '24-'25 or in the beginning of '25-'26 is Dvorsky. They stayed out of acquiring any long term center contract specifically because they knew he was close.

Btw really enjoy visiting the Flyers board, fun place.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Must be my Czech bias.. but I like the Blue's prospects list and feel they are doing really well in their, um, rebuild? Retool?

Dvorsky, Jiricek, Fischer, Kos, Jecho, Stancl and Pekarcik all seem like solid prospects to my biased eyes.

They also snagged up Holloway and Broberg from my Oilers who are first rounders. Toss in Snuggeraud.

This all seems promising to me!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Lol. Enjoy the temporary willful ignorance I guess.

Reactions: TK 421

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Must be my Czech bias.. but I like the Blue's prospects list and feel they are doing really well in their, um, rebuild? Retool?

Dvorsky, Jiricek, Fischer, Kos, Jecho, Stancl and Pekarcik all seem like solid prospects to my biased eyes.

They also snagged up Holloway and Broberg from my Oilers who are first rounders. Toss in Snuggeraud.

This all seems promising to me!
Would be great if the Blues can somehow get Knies on the team.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
For Phillys 2025 1st top 5 protected + Frost + B+ prospect or 2025 2nd?

Not terrible, but we will gladly pass.

We are overflowing with B prospects and 2nd doesn't really move the needle.

While Frost + 1st is an interesting package, Dvorskiy fits the Blues' timeline perfectly, and he will slide in behind Thomas in a year or two to compete for a spot at 2C.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Not terrible, but we will gladly pass.

We are overflowing with B prospects and 2nd doesn't really move the needle.

While Frost + 1st is an interesting package, Dvorskiy fits the Blues' timeline perfectly, and he will slide in behind Thomas in a year or two to compete for a spot at 2C.
That’s the trade proposal I meant to quote in my reply. It’s not bad. It’s a start, but something is missing.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If the Flyers want Dvorsky they'd need to offer a package that makes them very uncomfortable and then add a first to that. I can think of no reason the Blues should trade him besides an absurd overpay.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Good as what? He’s definitely far more valuable than Frost. So add the unknown 1st and and a sweeter and Philly gets him. St Louis would rightly demand at least 100 cents on the dollar in this trade.

There's every chance that's a 6-10 pick this year. I understand you value your player but don't be silly.

If by B prospect you mean Bonk, I'd consider that package. Otherwise no. And I like Frost as a fit for Blues.

Oh, we are being silly. Ignore me.

Reactions: bleachdrinker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad