Value of: Dalibor Dvorský to Philadelphia

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
He fits Flyers' playing style, rebuild timeline and positional need. St.Louis' core players are 25-33, looks like Dalibor doesn't fit this core's timeline and St.Louis could use someone who does. Is there a chance he's available? What are the Blues' needs?

P.S. Oh, and he's a good buddy of Alex Ciernik and Matvey Michkov, potential for a good chemistry in the locker room and on the ice.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Dvorsky is a key player for the Blues future and fits exactly with their timeline of being in contention again.

Why would they trade him unless acquiring someone who is already proven to be a bonafide 1D or 1C that is under 25?

No, he's not available. Blues fans are very high on him and the current team is not competitive. There is no real current core outside of Thomas and Kyrou.
Buchnevich, Neighbours, Hofer (if you consider him a true future #1 goalie)

Also, the current team is competitive but just not contending.

Reactions: Rafafouille

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I'm struggling to find a fit of value the Flyers can send back. Blues are clearly retooling and not trying to contend. Wouldn't the Flyers want to keep all their promising kids who are almost NHL ready which is what the Blues would want back I assume?

On top of that, would need to be worthwhile so likely a lateral trade for a player at another position with similar potential. Do the Flyers want to move a potential top 3 D prospect who is 19/20 years old (if they have one?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He fits Flyers' playing style, rebuild timeline and positional need. St.Louis' core players are 25-33, looks like Dalibor doesn't fit this core's timeline and St.Louis could use someone who does. Is there a chance he's available? What are the Blues' needs?

P.S. Oh, and he's a good buddy of Alex Ciernik and Matvey Michkov, potential for a good chemistry in the locker room and on the ice.
No different timeline than the Blues have.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe if I want to desperately find something that we wouldn't hate, it would be around Cam York. After Broberg, it kind of kills that idea.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I wouldn’t go as far as to say a lot of talented prospects but they ain’t deprived of talent either.

Snugerud, Dvorsky, Jiricek.

And then a good collection of B prospects that project middle of the lineup.

I like their pool quite a bit. I don't see any (except maybe Snug) as top of the lineup but it'll help support what they have.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
He's playing AHL this season, so how doesn't he fit our timeline?
I was thinking about the current core's timeline. Thomas and Kyrou are 25 and 26 and the supporting cast is even older, so I thought the Blues are pushing hard to be competitive as their leaders are in their prime, while Dvorsky is only 19 and when he's in his prime Thomas and Kyrou will be on the wrong side of 30. But according to replies I suppose I was wrong and the consensus is the Blues are aiming farther.

What is this
Just an off-season thread, nothing special

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Dvorsky is a key piece of the Blues re-tool. He fits in perfect with the Blues window opening in 2-3 years. Several really good prospects on the way (Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Juricek, Lindstein, Stenberg) to add to Thomas, Kyrou, Broberg, Neighbors, Bolduc, Dean and Holloway. The Blues are building an impressive young core imo. I think they have 12 first rounders under 25 yrs old.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

You have wildly misread the Blues situation as a franchise.

Snugerud, Dvorsky, Jiricek.

And then a good collection of B prospects that project middle of the lineup.

I like their pool quite a bit. I don't see any (except maybe Snug) as top of the lineup but it'll help support what they have.
Watch Lindstein play more.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I was thinking about the current core's timeline. Thomas and Kyrou are 25 and 26 and the supporting cast is even older, so I thought the Blues are pushing hard to be competitive as their leaders are in their prime, while Dvorsky is only 19 and when he's in his prime Thomas and Kyrou will be on the wrong side of 30. But according to replies I suppose I was wrong and the consensus is the Blues are aiming farther.

Just an off-season thread, nothing special
If they thought their core was around 30, why would they offer-sheet Broberg at 4,5, that capspace would be much more useful for an impact player right now..

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Have to ask, what did you think would be reasonable for this?

The Blues are far far away from making in all in move to try and win over the next couple of years, or a desperation move. That's pretty much the only time you see prospects of that caliber traded unless it's a swap positionally with someone that fits what each team needs better.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This is like asking if one of the Flyers premier prospects is available because Sanheim, is 28 and Konecny is 27 and just signed an extension for seven years past this year. And they have a head coach or exactly know for his rebuilding program. And they were closer to a playoff spot than the Blues last year (4 points out versus 6).

Reactions: Majorityof1

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Wouldn't the Flyers want to keep all their promising kids who are almost NHL ready which is what the Blues would want back I assume?

Joke's on you they don't have those.

The Flyers are bad trade partners for basically every team. Their only position of strength is middle 6 RWs.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I don’t follow either of these teams but I think the blues have a better chance of making the playoffs next year. I’ll start the bidding at Scott Laughton and a 2nd round pick. I have no idea.
No you don’t have any idea. That’s brutal for the Blues. Absolutely brutal. Maybe 20 cents on the dollar.

Laughton is not a valuable asset. The Avs just traded away the 24th pick for two 2nds and a 3rd. One was a high second rounder.

So that gives you an impression of the value of a 2nd rounder vs a high first round pick like Dvorsky.

20 cents on the dollar may be understating the delta.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues Core is 22-26 not 25-33. Krug, Faulk, Leddy, Schenn, and Saad are not part of the core. They are all players who will be UFAs within the coming 2-4 years while transitioning to the younger players like Dvorsky, Jiricek, Snuggerud, Lindstein, and other young players.

Reactions: Memento

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad