Proposal: DAL & TOR, DAL & FLA, and DAL & PIT (Deadline deals)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If you are the GM of respective team do you accept these offers from Dallas?

• Toronto: Yes

• Florida: Yes

• Pittsburgh: Yes

• Toronto: No

• Florida: No

• Pittsburgh: No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
TOR receives: John Klingberg (50% retained, pending UFA)

DAL receives: 2022 1st rounder, Nicholas Robertson, and Nick Ritchie (1 year left @ 2.5mil)

_______

FLA receives: Joe Pavelski (50% retained, pending UFA), 2022 3rd rounder

DAL receives: 2023 1st rounder, Owen Tippet (pending RFA), and Aleksi Heponiemi (pending RFA)

_______

PIT receives: Alexander Radulov (50% retained, pending UFA)

DAL receives: 2022 2nd rounder

_______

If you're the GM of TOR, FLA, or PIT do you accept these offers from DAL at the trade deadline? Dallas picks up some high draft picks and moves towards a younger lineup, while top contenders add some big pieces of a playoff run. Thoughts?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Overvaluing your UFA's.

Dallas adds in the Toronto trade 9not a major add, something like Kiviranta should be fine)

Florida is just overpaying by at least Tippet

Yes you can have Kiviranta for sure. Agreed on Florida. Pavelski is an incredible addition for any team, but no one will give up a 1st + good young forward with top 6 potential for him. A prospect sure

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
That's like... A LOT for Pavelski...

Maybe I was overvaluing what teams would pay for him at the deadline. I feel like if he's available teams will be chomping at the bit to add a player of his pedigree and clutchness in big games. Maybe I undervalued Tippett as well, wasn't sure how he is viewed as still a top prospect or questionable to turn into a top 6 player.

Ledge And Dairy

Yes you can have Kiviranta for sure. Agreed on Florida. Pavelski is an incredible addition for any team, but no one will give up a 1st + good young forward with top 6 potential for him. A prospect sure
Im not a leafs fan so probably better to hear from them. On a side note for that trade Ritchie is an extremely cheap buyout so they would probably prefer to move one of Holl/Dermott. I could also see some protection on the 1st like it depends on if Toronto makes the 2nd round or something

JA17

Jan 24, 2022
Can Klingberg shutdown top forwards? If not then there is no reason for Toronto to do this trade

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I think the Toronto deal is pretty standard as far as high end rentals go, I just don’t think the Leafs go after an offensive defenseman.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
That package gets you a Coleman type player; Klingberg would be a luxury in Toronto
Again, how many UFA to be players get more than a 1st + B prospect at the deadline? What do you expect Klingberg to get? Coleman wasn’t a UFA to be and got that return because of his very low cap hit.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Again, how many UFA to be players get more than a 1st + B prospect at the deadline? What do you expect Klingberg to get? Coleman wasn’t a UFA to be and got that return because of his very low cap hit.

I just think you got to do better than Robertson if you're adding Ritchie in the package; even if he has 1 year left.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I just think you got to do better than Robertson if you're adding Ritchie in the package; even if he has 1 year left.
Ritchie is solely for Cap purposes and irrelevant to Dallas or their cap, especially retained. When Klingberg ia traded this is exactly the type of return he will get

Reactions: TML1990

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
PIT receives: Alexander Radulov (50% retained, pending UFA)

DAL receives: 2022 2nd rounder

Pens wouldn't be interested in Radulov unless it was a bargain. A 2nd ain't a bargain for what he's done this year.

Would be very interested in Pavelski though.

Any interest in Kapanen for Pavelski at 50%?

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Just a reminder Pavelski is top 10 in points IN THE NHL

I doubt he gets traded. But man hes worth a 1st an premium young player.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Just a reminder Pavelski is top 10 in points IN THE NHL

I doubt he gets traded. But man hes worth a 1st an premium young player.
He is excellent no doubt. He is also a 37 year old rental and Florida is stacked at forward. If we were going to pay all these assets for a rental (and I really don't think we should), then it would be a young-ish defenseman who may re-sign with us.
It's a bad fit.

David OSullivan

Oct 12, 2017
Yes penguins. Good trade for them. No Florida, pavelski would improve them of course but those are assets they could use on the backend. Toronto should not be giving up their future and going all in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad