Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] F Matt Duchene re-signs with the Stars (1 year, $3M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Duchene is a former Habs fan, I'd take him on a short but high priced contract...

Like 6 mil for 2-3 years.

His versatility (can play center or wing) and offensive production would be welcomed in MTL.

But I doubt it will materialize.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Duchene is a former Habs fan, I'd take him on a short but high priced contract...

Like 6 mil for 2-3 years.

His versatility (can play center or wing) and offensive production would be welcomed in MTL.

But I doubt it will materialize.

He came close to signing in Montreal before Nashville (IIRC Nashville and Montreal were the only teams he accepted to visit the city/facilities in person) but I doubt at his age and the good situation he's in with Dallas he'd be looking to jump ship.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Perfect post to follow if you wanna see those who watch the games, and those who follow stats to judge a player.

Dallas wouldn’t be re-signing him if he didn’t play well in the playoffs. He did exactly what was asked of him in his role. To the extent Sportsnet or TSN or someone, did a little piece on how well he’s fit in. Well worth $3-$4 million again.

• Haha
Reactions: ElGuapo

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Thought Duchene played well in the playoffs, not surprised Dallas is looking to extend him. He’ll be priced the same or just a bit above.

• Haha
Reactions: ElGuapo

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
The guy just put up 65 points. In what world would he not be worth at least a 5m for 2 or 3 years when guys like verhaege are about to get 8.5m for 73 points?

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Perfect post to follow if you wanna see those who watch the games, and those who follow stats to judge a player.

Dallas wouldn’t be re-signing him if he didn’t play well in the playoffs. He did exactly what was asked of him in his role. To the extent Sportsnet or TSN or someone, did a little piece on how well he’s fit in. Well worth $3-$4 million again.

As a Stars fan who watched the games, Duchene was not good in the playoffs outside of a couple of games. Unfortunately

But, one of those games he did score a big goal and does have a few playoff OT winners, so worth keeping him around if he might get another one of those. Plus, losing Pavelski + him would be a ton of production lost for the Stars during the regular season

Reactions: piqued and ElGuapo

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I would be more worried about his scoring decline if the entire team didn't somehow run out of gas against the Oil, and Florida almost did. So, I give some credit to them. The slow production in the second half is a bit worrying, but no player ever played consistently through a season, so it may have been a slump, minor injury, his line mates having the same, etc. Overall, if you can get a 65 point guy back at reasonable salary, and it is the "devil you know" it is probably better than dumping him and signing a similar bargain basement guy like Skinner to replace him. He did have chemistry.

Reactions: The Tourist

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Duchene wasn’t good in the playoffs but the majority of the team was dog shit in the West finals so he wasn’t alone. His line was also put in a blender multiple times during the playoffs. Seguin would move to the top line with Hintz out and Marchment also missed six games.

His line got poached from a lot when they needed to address an issue on another line. At times during the regular season he was our best forward and I’m good with this signing. If you asked Dallas fans in February they would all love this signing. After an average stretch to end the season several have changed their tune. He made Mush and Seguin quality players.

I’m happy with this.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
At ~$3 million it's harder to find someone to carry a third line harder for the regular season. Sure, he may drop off in the playoffs, but you still need to make the playoffs (and Duchene was a major reason the Stars were the #1 West seed).

If Stankoven and Johnston can keep taking strides and develop into star players next season and if Mavrik Bourque can make the jump (ideally as a stand-in replacement for Pavelski), then the Stars' forward group should be one of the best in the league again.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
At ~$3 million it's harder to find someone to carry a third line harder for the regular season. Sure, he may drop off in the playoffs, but you still need to make the playoffs (and Duchene was a major reason the Stars were the #1 West seed).

If Stankoven and Johnston can keep taking strides and develop into star players next season and if Mavrik Bourque can make the jump (ideally as a stand-in replacement for Pavelski), then the Stars' forward group should be one of the best in the league again.
Yea but our defense is gonna be meh outside of Miro, Harley and Lindell

Ad

Ad

Ad