Dahlin fights Krebs in practice

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Low bridge open ice hits to the knees happen all the time in practice? Fights for sure, but not kind of hit. Those hits never happen in practice. That was a very dirty and dangerous play.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never talked about low bridge or "happens all the time"

Obviously, there's going to be something to precipitate the altercation.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
That’s a f***ing crazy hit to make on a teammate in practice…wt actual f.

You’re gonna get jumped if you make that hit in a real game on an opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatass

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Winnipeg
It happened in Winnipeg; Wheeler and Chiarot threw some fists and then the team went to the conference final. Buffalo is about to heat up!
Yeah this one is a bit different because usually when this happens it’s the guy who gets hit or cross checked that starts throwing mitts. Here poor Krebs is just skating drills and gets hip checked and whaled on! :laugh:

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
I was skeptical of naming him the captain simply because he is your best player and 4 games in he is showing me I was right.

Its one thing to fight like brothers ad wrestle. Its another to throw a reckless injurable hit then follow it up with wild haymakers.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You're putting words in my mouth. I never talked about low bridge or "happens all the time"

Obviously, there's going to be something to precipitate the altercation.
Fights start because guys get heated during board battle drills. No player ever low bridges a teammate with an open ice high speed dangerous hit. Then attack the guy he just low bridges. What Dahlin did never happens. He literally tried to injure a teammate with that hit. Then he attacked the guy. Very strange.

Good for Dahlin, good for Krebs and good for the Sabres.
It’s good for the Sabres that their captain tried to take out the knees of a teammate with a dirty low bridge hit? Fights happen in practice. This type of hit never does.

Reactions: Chet Manley

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Fights happen between teammates. Whatever. It’s generally not a good look though. What is more eyebrow raising is the low hit that Dahlin throws and then going after Krebs. Would that fire be cool if Dahlin put Krebs on the IR for months with a LBI?
No one would notice if Krebs were out of the lineup for months. He’s the 13th/14th forward at the moment.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I like spirited practices. You often find that the most successful teams run hard practices and that should include physicality if league games are going to be physical too.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No one would notice if Krebs were out of the lineup for months. He’s the 13th/14th forward at the moment.
His teammates would certainly notice if that Dahlin low bridge to Krebs’ knees took him out for months. It was a stupid play by Dahlin. He didn’t like something Krebs did earlier. Square off and fight. That happens in practice. Going after another guy’s knees never does. Dahlin is definitely on thin ice with his teammates after that.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Even if it was a 35 year old AHL 4th liner it wouldn’t matter. Having a player, let alone the captain, purposely trying to take a teammate’s knees out and then jump him is terrible optics. At least Krebs is alright.

Reactions: Fatass

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
That proves my point that it's not a good look for Dahlin. The Jets had one of the worst locker rooms in the league, and Wheeler even got stripped of his captaincy.
The coach, team, and Krebs himself was totally fine with it, not sure why you care more than them.

His teammates would certainly notice if that Dahlin low bridge to Krebs’ knees took him out for months. It was a stupid play by Dahlin. He didn’t like something Krebs did earlier. Square off and fight. That happens in practice. Going after another guy’s knees never does. Dahlin is definitely on thin ice with his teammates after that.
No one who matters actually thinks he was trying to take out his knees, or that it was a particularly dangerous play.

Even if it was a 35 year old AHL 4th liner it wouldn’t matter. Having a player, let alone the captain, purposely trying to take a teammate’s knees out and then jump him is terrible optics. At least Krebs is alright.
Just because you say he was trying to take out his knees doesn't make it true. You are being so overly dramatic, it's ridiculous.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The coach, team, and Krebs himself was totally fine with it, not sure why you care more than them.

No one who matters actually thinks he was trying to take out his knees, or that it was a particularly dangerous play.

Just because you say he was trying to take out his knees doesn't make it true. You are being so overly dramatic, it's ridiculous.
It was a high speed open ice hip check to the knees. What exactly do you think Dahlin was trying to accomplish by a low hit to the knees in that situation? Guys never do that in practice. It’s rarely seen in games now because of how dirty and dangerous it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad