D Stian Solberg - Vålerenga, Norway (2024, 23rd, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Glad to hear your perspective on him. I don’t know much about his other skills and what his toolbox is. I know a lot of people on the Ducks board are thrilled to have him, but what does he possess besides being physical?

Is he quick? Does he have offensive upside?
I was surprised to see how much he jumped in offensively in the preseason games so far. There could be some more offense to his game if he for example develops a better shot.

For sure the defense and compete/physicality are the main things that stand out though.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Stole this from a post @Webster made on the Ducks board:

I think he's trying to make himself known around the league, based on his comments...

Media: The player you hit hard is 35, no respect for the veterans?
Solberg: Nope.

Media: With your physical game, are you not worried about a retaliation or fight?
Solberg: Let them come, they'll regret it.

I have never wanted a guy to pan out more then him. If he was a RHD it would be like the hockey gods hand crafted the perfect prospect for the Ducks need lol.

Really looking forward to see how he develops.

I was surprised to see how much he jumped in offensively in the preseason games so far. There could be some more offense to his game if he for example develops a better shot.

For sure the defense and compete/physicality are the main things that stand out though.

Obviously noone is going to say less offense, but he will likely play on a defensive group with Zellweger, Mintyukov, and Luneau. He likjely wont get any PP time and his defense and compete/physicality will likely be exactly what the Ducks want/expect out of him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean kid played against men when he was 16, with many guys twice his age. It really doesn't surprise his game doesn't revolve around "respecting the veterans".

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I have never wanted a guy to pan out more then him. If he was a RHD it would be like the hockey gods hand crafted the perfect prospect for the Ducks need lol.
As a Sharks fan, I'm quite happy we traded up to have a shot at Buium/Dickinson, but a part of me will always wish we ended up with Solberg. I may very well be wrong but dude just seems like he's gonna stick as a very sold middle pair who sucks to play against.

Reactions: Gliff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad