Prospect Info: (D) Nolan Allan - 2021 32nd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Why don't you spell it out for us?

I have tried to say it clearly. I think it's hypocritical to dismiss and scoff at others opinions all the time, assuming some sort of authority above others that has the right to decide what's BS, ask for proof, call them out etc., but then not at all apply the same when it comes to their own. One is often 'lol' the other is always truth. Ok.

It was dismissed into Musto and Allen talk.

Whatever, it's not the place and derailing the thread at this point.

Despite your snark reply btw, I wasnt trying to be condescending, I genuinely think I cannot communicate across my point in this case.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I have tried to say it clearly. I think it's hypocritical to dismiss and scoff at others opinions all the time, assuming some sort of authority above others that has the right to decide what's BS, ask for proof, call them out etc., but then not at all apply the same when it comes to their own. One is often 'lol' the other is always truth. Ok.

Despite your snark reply btw, I wasnt trying to be condescending, I genuinely think I cannot communicate across my point in this case.
My reply was strictly out of curiosity.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

No, I get it. The problem you're having is, you're placing equal value on everyone's opinion on a subject. That could not be further from the truth, and it's a huge reason society is so f***ed up right now. You want to question my opinions then feel free. But I'm going to back them up with experience, logic, references, and credentials.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
No, I get it. The problem you're having is, you're placing equal value on everyone's opinion on a subject. That could not be further from the truth, and it's a huge reason society is so f***ed up right now. You want to question my opinions then feel free. But I'm going to back them up with experience, logic, references, and credentials.

Tbh no I don't think opinions are all equal. Clearly there are different levels of expertise or just the simple amount of time someone puts into their craft or activity.

My problem is more when someone assumes they always know it better, regardless of subject.

Actually more so, its when they put down others for their opinion condescendingly. Coz you can be confident in what you say without putting others down. Or argue constructively without labeling the person an idiot. Everyone has good takes but bad takes as well in life. Not really black and white.

I realize message boards aren't the ideal platform at all for all this, but still.

Reactions: BobbyJet

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I don't think in this case it was a poster thinking their opinion was better than Musto's it was more a case of asking why Musto thinks his opinion is better than the opinion of MANY paid hockey experts who seemed to disagree with his take.

Reactions: bwana63

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Tbh no I don't think opinions are all equal. Clearly there are different levels of expertise or just the simple amount of time someone puts into their craft or activity.

My problem is more when someone assumes they always know it better, regardless of subject.

Actually more so, its when they put down others for their opinion condescendingly. Coz you can be confident in what you say without putting others down. Or argue constructively without labeling the person an idiot. Everyone has good takes but bad takes as well in life. Not really black and white.

I realize message boards aren't the ideal platform at all for all this, but still.

I started all of this when I questioned Musto's "I know better" comment and I simply asked for his qualifications? He clearly doesn't have any as he tried to dance the question and you started to defend him. There was nothing condescending about me asking for him to explain his qualifications.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I started all of this when I questioned Musto's "I know better" comment and I simply asked for his qualifications? He clearly doesn't have any as he tried to dance the question and you started to defend him. There was nothing condescending about me asking for him to explain his qualifications.

He's clearly calling me out because I'm rude and condescending when I call posters out for horseshit takes. Some opinions have merit, and are worth a discussion. Others are so dumb and off-base they deserve condescending replies.

When you come here and say "I know better than all of these guys getting paid to scout and draft players. This guy sucks and can't defend. Trust me." while giving zero supporting evidence for your opinion, and contradicting pretty much every expert opinion, you should expect to be ridiculed.

This applies to a whole bunch of the uninformed, overly critical hot takes that are posted on this board on a weekly basis. If you're going to criticize people who work in professional hockey or play professional hockey, then you better have a good argument. Especially when you start getting into the more intricate and nuanced parts of the game.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
  1. Nolan Allan, the team's most recent first-round pick has been exactly what the Blackhawks thought when they drafted him. He's a big guy who moves well and can end plays defensively. His ability to defend, but also make the first pass and push the pace to get up the ice has been very noticeable to me. For an 18-year-old defenseman to have this type of first NHL training camp showing? Color me impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing him in preseason as the dial gets turned up a little higher with speed, strength and skill.
Cohen 's observations of training camp from Blackhawks website. Looking good for the young feller. Not surprising to me cause if you see him play he certainly has the skills. I think most followers don't know he was drafted 1st overall into the WHL as an offensive defenseman and he's not just some plug that came out of nowhere. Expect him to be given more offensive opportunities with the Raiders in the next 2 seasons.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I hope to see Allan Crevier CDach in Rockford at seasons end

Mitchell
Galvas
Kalynuk
Beaudin
Regula
Allan
Crevier

SJones Murphy McCabe Stillman CJones

pretty crowded…cough cough cough trade deadline

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well to be fair ,Nolan is playing for the 11th place team in the WHL Western Conference of the WHL....and PrincexAkbertvis also rgec5th worst team in the entire WHL...

Del Mastro plaus forvthe best team in the OHL....not only leading the Eastern Division but are atop the entire OHL ...so obviously Del Mastro has a lot more depth and talent helping him..

Yes Del Masyro is a prime reason for Misdissaiga's success.. but if Nolanplayed for Mississaiga he probably has a lot higher numbers and better us minus...if vice versa Del Masyro would have lesser numbers and worse plus/minus IF he pkayed for zoronve Albert.

You must put the situations into context.

The eye test is probably a lot longer to Allan than what seems like own numbers.

He is only -3 on a lousy team...

In comparison...S.Jones,Murphy,Cdh,and McCabe have all sucked on a lousy team...If any of them were just -3 we would all be ecstatic..

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Crazy they took a left shot D from the WHL and didn’t take Zellweger
Zellweger, Morrow, Peart, Svozil, Kirsanov

All defenseman that I ranked far ahead of Allan.

All better than Allan.

And only Stanley and Kelley are shocked.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The issue with the pick is that from most accounts he would have been available in later rounds.

Reactions: ray c

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
The draft last year was a bigger crapshoot than it is in a normal year. Some guys didn't play, others barely played. Tough to make great picks when there are so few viewings and such little data available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad