D Jan Skok - Plzeň U20 (2025 Draft)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Badinka is trash too, right?
Please enlighten us, what makes Skok so good he will be the headline name for the Czechs next year? You are ridiculing a poster who at the very least comments on players he has actually seen play.

Did you even see Skok play a single shift?

Reactions: Goodman68

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Please enlighten us, what makes Skok so good he will be the headline name for the Czechs next year? You are ridiculing a poster who at the very least comments on players he has actually seen play.

Did you even see Skok play a single shift?
Why the hostility young man? I read he is a player of note in 2025.

what skin do you have in the game here? The other poster commented multiple times last year on how bad of a player Badinka was yet he is poised to go in the first or second round. Perhaps you and him have another narrative to spin on a promising prospect? I don’t give any merit to your word whatsoever.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

what skin do you have in the game here? The other poster commented multiple times last year on how bad of a player Badinka was yet he is poised to go in the first or second round. Perhaps you and him have another narrative to spin on a promising prospect? I don’t give any merit to your word whatsoever.
If you are looking for solid info on Czech prospects.. both Goodman and Wooren are very knowledgeable.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

I commented on Badinka's performance in the national team and he played disastrously there. Based on his performances, this player was not nominated for the World Junior Championship. Which is completely unusual for a Czech player at the border of the first and second rounds of the draft (we don't have that many quality players and yet it happened). Right after the last tournament, I wrote that I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get into the final nomination. The coach saw it exactly the same way.
As I have repeated several times, he may have played great in the club, but his performances in the national team were disappointing. I have no idea how he played in the club, I didn't see a minute of it.
Skok didn't make it to the championship last year at all, the year before after a few substitutions it was clear that he wasn't at this level yet and he fell to the edge of the lineup in the lineup, he didn't play much in the matches. Just the fact that he didn't get nominated as a year older is a warning sign for the supposed top prospect. Unlike him, Badinka at least plays in a top league, Skok played mainly in the Czech junior league, and even his statistics do not indicate that he should be exceptional in anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague

What hostility? You called Skok a headline name for the Czechs earlier in the thread despite basically admitting you haven't even seen the player play in this post. And when a poster who actually has seen given player multiple (?) times disagrees, you ridicule him for no reason and bring up a completely unrelated player.
This prospect forum severely lacks users who put in the time and don't just talk out of their ass based off some random internet rankings or stats. Goodman68 has proven multiple times he doesn't just stat watch and unless Skok makes massive improvement over Summer, his assessment of Skok will age just fine. In fact, if Skok was born a couple months earlier, this thread would be dead silent, because he would have precisely zero chance of getting picked in the 2024 NHL draft.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Both Skok and Mrtka are on the lists of their teams for the upcoming season of the senior Extraliga. Mrtka must play a full season for the senior team. Last season, Skok balanced between the juniors and the senior team, but I hope that in the new season he will be fully established in the main team. In general, it’s nice - another draft year - and again the Czechs have enough names in the defensive line. In addition to these two guys, there is also Mikel, who moved to the USHL, as well as Svec and Cerny.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
What hostility? You called Skok a headline name for the Czechs earlier in the thread despite basically admitting you haven't even seen the player play in this post. And when a poster who actually has seen given player multiple (?) times disagrees, you ridicule him for no reason and bring up a completely unrelated player.
This prospect forum severely lacks users who put in the time and don't just talk out of their ass based off some random internet rankings or stats. Goodman68 has proven multiple times he doesn't just stat watch and unless Skok makes massive improvement over Summer, his assessment of Skok will age just fine. In fact, if Skok was born a couple months earlier, this thread would be dead silent, because he would have precisely zero chance of getting picked in the 2024 NHL draft.
I love how much you care. It’s funny. As if two people can’t have different opinions on the same topic.

As of now, I hope your fellow countryman succeeds. It seems you hope he fails. That’s the way I see it, at least.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I love how much you care. It’s funny. As if two people can’t have different opinions on the same topic.

As of now, I hope your fellow countryman succeeds. It seems you hope he fails. That’s the way I see it, at least.
You are the one who couldn't stand somebody having a different opinon to yours in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad