OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Researchers found that by 2030, electrifying a typical highway gas station will require as much power as a professional sports stadium — and that’s mostly just for electrified passenger vehicles. As more electric trucks hit the road, the projected power needs for a big truck stop by 2035 will equal that of a small town.

• Wow
Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I only work with one of those groups of ppl. But most don't smoke a lot of weed. Maybe a few times a year. They do drink though.
Ya my experience is anecdotal, so not worth much, just saying it's not all uneducated dirty stoners like some seem to believe. The professionals I know aren't advertising it like some do, and they're more on the edible or vaping "clean" side than smoking. A capsule or a gummy in the evening sort of thing. It can help a lot with sleep, which seems to be the main driver for at least a few of the ones I know.

Reactions: Here I Pageau Again

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Researchers found that by 2030, electrifying a typical highway gas station will require as much power as a professional sports stadium — and that’s mostly just for electrified passenger vehicles. As more electric trucks hit the road, the projected power needs for a big truck stop by 2035 will equal that of a small town.

In order to generate the power needed every major city in Canada would need at least 1 nuclear reactor. 1,000 MW nuclear power plant could theoretically provide enough electricity for around 1 million homes. The Toronto area would need at least 3 for homes, business, and charging capabilities. At $15 - $20 billion each we would probably need $250-300 billion?

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Last week, the authoritative Statistical Review of World Energy released its latest annual report, which described global energy use in 2023 as “a year of record highs in an energy hungry world” during which the use of fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions hit record levels.

Emissions from energy rose by 2% compared to 2022, exceeding 40 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent for the first time.

Article content

Global fossil fuel consumption also reached a record high, up 1.5% from 2022, as did total primary energy consumption, up 2% from 2022, 0.6% above its 10-year average and over 5% above 2019 pre-COVID levels.

Fossil fuels — coal, oil and natural gas — continued to be the world’s dominant energy sources, accounting for 81.5% of the global energy mix, only marginally down from 82% in 2022.
You really think everything is all of a sudden going to go green?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Anyone losing their time to shadows of the erdtree? Holy crap it's wonderfully hard. I feel like a beginner all over again

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Um, I think they were smoking meth, not weed.
that Thursday, the boy spent all day outside, hanging off the rails, like a monkey. Screaming, gesturing.

At 9 pm, I come upstairs after I finished watching soccer and 4 police cars and 6 constables..

At one time, 3 of them, turn on their flash lights and draw their weapons and move between my home and hers to the back!!!!

They left at midnight. The junkie is still there. So if Meth, why is he and she not in jail?

I have now filled 3 police reports in the last 2 years. Have been threatened twice by dimwit, space cadets.

My home is a row home. The entire street is a series of 4 unit row homes. Some 100 homes and therefore some 200-250 residents. One fire and 100 homes go and possibly as high as 200 people dead.

Luckily, Monkey boy has not threatened to burn my house down. He barks at me, rings by door bell and runs. Howls at the moon. Beats their pine tree with broom handles and throws beer bottles and cans.

In a quiet, suburban area, where many are elderly retirees. I cannot wait until Monkey boy starts wondering.

It takes the police 1 hour to respond to a 911 call.

But in the end, when we vote as we do.... UHHH!!! we get what we deserve.

Be careful Bon.. life is like a giant dice.. if you stand on any one side, you see a specific number of dots. On other sides, you see different numbers of dots. Make sure you see the cube and not just the face you are looking at.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
If I wrote a 1000 word essay about some shitty people who were stone cold sober, would that show the dark side of abstinence?
I am a child of the seventies. You do not have to teach me about weed. We would get together and chip in to buy someone a Nickle or Dime bag for their birthday!

But it ended there. Since illegal, once people graduated, it became harder to get. The motorcycle gangs, which were the main distributors, targeted schools. Would work with kids to get them to distribute.

In 1980, as a senior, we had a car pull up, walk over to a kid and pummel him. It turned out that he failed to make payments!!!

But weed, when illegal was difficult to get in universities and in society in general. Distribution was harder. Motorcycle gangs could not get future dropouts to distribute. And as adults the courts could throw the book at them.

It meant weed use was confined. And no where near as prevalent. Sources where gang related. So strip clubs, bars, night clubs. It was hard, expensive and risky.

Today, it comes to you.. weed shops in suburbia. Molly housewife, parks in the back so no one sees her. Walks in, gets her goodies and leaves.

We had better be careful. As it becomes easier to get. It becomes more prevalent. And now, it is no longer a small portion of society, but all of it. And as you increase the user base, it will inevitably cross paths with the mentally unstable. Who, under its influence, will cause havoc.

AIDS did its damage because it got into the baby boomers. The flower children. They understood dropping their pants and so it proliferated. It arrived in 1966. Hippies. Flower children. And so it tore a hole throw our society. AIDS in 1946, would have been largely snuffed out. In fact, AIDS was around. They theorized the 1920's. But a society far less free spirited, meant, far less spread. Until, "heck no we won't go" came around. And bam, a pandemic.

We better be careful of creating another pandemic. There are times, it makes way more sense to keep genies in bottles than to let them out.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
that Thursday, the boy spent all day outside, hanging off the rails, like a monkey. Screaming, gesturing.

At 9 pm, I come upstairs after I finished watching soccer and 4 police cars and 6 constables..

At one time, 3 of them, turn on their flash lights and draw their weapons and move between my home and hers to the back!!!!

They left at midnight. The junkie is still there. So if Meth, why is he and she not in jail?

I have now filled 3 police reports in the last 2 years. Have been threatened twice by dimwit, space cadets.

My home is a row home. The entire street is a series of 4 unit row homes. Some 100 homes and therefore some 200-250 residents. One fire and 100 homes go and possibly as high as 200 people dead.

Luckily, Monkey boy has not threatened to burn my house down. He barks at me, rings by door bell and runs. Howls at the moon. Beats their pine tree with broom handles and throws beer bottles and cans.

In a quiet, suburban area, where many are elderly retirees. I cannot wait until Monkey boy starts wondering.

Be careful Bon.. life is like a giant dice.. if you stand on any one side, you see a specific number of dots. On other sides, you see different numbers of dots. Make sure you see the cube and not just the face you are looking at.

This is like reading an excerpt from a modern day Reefer Madness script.

Tell us your thoughts on Dungeons and Dragons. Id like a healthy dose of Satanic Panic next, please

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I got nothin man, except maybe the meth users in jail part. No, obviously not, as we've got drug users out there in abundance. I work next to the salvation army and have see people clearly using like every day. Whether it's meth or some other hard narcotic, I could not say, but they are clearly f***ed up. A young girl I worked with for a while that really went sideways was hanging out there and trying to get in my face a lot until she was killed about a year ago and the changes in her from a young hot woman to a wreck were hard to comprehend.

I went out for the Oilers game Saturday and had 6 beers. I felt awful for a good 24 hours after.

Weed may have stigma that follows it around, and needs moderation like everything, but its effects really are on the light side my friend.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Kinda feels like Monkey Boy's been sharing.

Either way man, those kids may be smoking some reefer to take the edge off, just as I'm sure they're also drinking and smoking cigarettes, but they're clearly on meth. Or I guess maybe crack? Sounds pretty methy though

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Anybody know anything about lithium batteries for trolling motors? Ah and charging, storage in the off season. I'm in over my head a bit.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Anybody know anything about lithium batteries for trolling motors? Ah and charging, storage in the off season. I'm in over my head a bit.

I just bought an offgrid camper with lithium and was told "Don't keep it outside - store indoors" but....

Reactions: Loach

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Batteries? No.

Trolling motors? A little.

*puts on old man ranting story hat

As my brother and I got older, our family camping trips graduated from the usual family camp grounds like Bon Echo, to more adventurous trips into Algonquin. First through Achray Station, later to hike and canoe in spots further into the interior. We had a favorite spot we would regularly get to, that was a canoe in only site.

We only had the one canoe, and too much gear, so poor mom and dad would have to make multiple trips in the canoe, trading off which one took a kid in the canoe, and which one stayed on shore with the other.

As you can imagine, they grew pretty tired of the amount of effort required, but none of us wanted to give up on this gem of a site we had found through sheer luck.

So one spring day, dad decided enough was enough. Down he went into the basement workshop. Much sawing and cursing was heard. A trip to the store for supplies. Then another. More sounds of tinkering and fabricating. Then up he hauled his latest invention....

... The maverick made himself a clamp on bracket he could put on the side of the canoe to mount a brand new electric trolling motor!

I've never seen a canoe move like that before. The first trip he made, he gunned it, and that nose lifted right out of the water. First time I'd seen a canoe move with only a third of the hull actually in the water.

Reactions: Loach

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
:)
Batteries? No.

Trolling motors? A little.

*puts on old man ranting story hat

As my brother and I got older, our family camping trips graduated from the usual family camp grounds like Bon Echo, to more adventurous trips into Algonquin. First through Achray Station, later to hike and canoe in spots further into the interior. We had a favorite spot we would regularly get to, that was a canoe in only site.

We only had the one canoe, and too much gear, so poor mom and dad would have to make multiple trips in the canoe, trading off which one took a kid in the canoe, and which one stayed on shore with the other.

As you can imagine, they grew pretty tired of the amount of effort required, but none of us wanted to give up on this gem of a site we had found through sheer luck.

So one spring day, dad decided enough was enough. Down he went into the basement workshop. Much sawing and cursing was heard. A trip to the store for supplies. Then another. More sounds of tinkering and fabricating. Then up he hauled his latest invention....

... The maverick made himself a clamp on bracket he could put on the side of the canoe to mount a brand new electric trolling motor!

I've never seen a canoe move like that before. The first trip he made, he gunned it, and that nose lifted right out of the water. First time I'd seen a canoe move with only a third of the hull actually in the water.
:) Good one

1719680304695.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Relapsing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad