Prospect Info: D Hoyt Stanley - 108th Overall, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I’m excited to hear Dorion say this is a guy they had ranked much higher than where he was selected.

As for Hoyt, big, mobile, RHD are always a premium. Hopefully we can hit on one we drafted in the next couple of years.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Getting Jonny Tychonik vibes from this guy.

At least your namesake GMPD (GM Penis Dick) didn't waste a 2nd rounder on him.

These picks usually don't pan out, but I will be the optimist here and say he is a better pick than both Tychonick and Ben The Dumpster Roger who were recent dumbdick 2nd round picks.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He is, but Wiercioch's skating never recovered after a knee injury in college. That pretty much killed his shot at being an NHL contributor.
Fair enough.

Weircioch with better skating might have been a pretty decent player, so I'll take it as a positive for a 4th round pick.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Dorion only made a still see call on Sanderson. The rest of his drafting resume for years is hot garbage. Tkachuk was force drafted by Melnyk. Stutzle - pure luck. PInto is slow. Not top 6.
Of course. All PD picks are either lucky or bad.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
They have no ability to scout hockey IQ. Its so low on the priority list with this group its astonishing.
It is odd after we drafted arguably the player with one of the highest hockey IQ’s in Stone

Truly baffling to me.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Analytics view I am guessing

Hopefully the next time he posts about Stanley, it looks something like this

evqtx21dp2b71.jpg

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
They have no ability to scout hockey IQ. Its so low on the priority list with this group its astonishing.

I haven't seen this guy play but it sounds like that might be his weak spot. I like this as 4th rounder but for once I'd like to see them identify a player who is known for his smarts. I feel like this team used to but has moved away from that.

Guy sounds like a bit of a project anyway.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Masterplan

May 9, 2022
So looking up the Hoyt name:

Origin: Norse
Other Origin(s): British
Meaning: Long stick; One who lived high on a hill
Hoyt is a masculine name with Norse and Middle English roots to keep baby’s confidence elevated. Coming from the Middle English word hoit, it translates to “long stick” and can easily match your little one’s potential to grow into a mature tree. Hoyt can also translate to “one who lived high on a hill.” What better way to help your little one feel right at home from the start? When baby is enjoying the view from the highest hills and mountains, the name Hoyt will always help them keep their vision high.

Seems good right?!

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
So looking up the Hoyt name:

Origin: Norse
Other Origin(s): British
Meaning: Long stick; One who lived high on a hill
Hoyt is a masculine name with Norse and Middle English roots to keep baby’s confidence elevated. Coming from the Middle English word hoit, it translates to “long stick” and can easily match your little one’s potential to grow into a mature tree. Hoyt can also translate to “one who lived high on a hill.” What better way to help your little one feel right at home from the start? When baby is enjoying the view from the highest hills and mountains, the name Hoyt will always help them keep their vision high.

Seems good right?!

1390d36c285b6d31-822x617.png

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Who is your BCHL/Western scout? Seems like you guys love drafting from that league, Dyck, Stanley, Beckner...just curious as I follow the BCHL closely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad