Prospect Info: D Hoyt Stanley - 108th Overall, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
We're not winning Stanley so we're picking him instead! :sarcasm: Via EliteProspects:

Fzze82RXgAACKoJ

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Here is what I wrote about him earlier in the year

“Stanley already has good size, standing at 6’2” - is very mobile, something that he uses to good effect in transition. He has a real Good shot from the point, when he has the puck at the blue line the defence always has to be on their toes because he loves to shoot. He needs to work on his defensive consistency and at times I find he could be more physical.”

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Any similarities to Ben Roger ?

Honestly tho doesn’t seem like a bad pick for a 4th rounder. I don’t kno shit about this draft tho.

Really important to have RD in your prospect system

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Because the Senators love small players that have questionable skating…

There is always some that hate the pick, even if it is a good selection.
Dorion only made a still see call on Sanderson. The rest of his drafting resume for years is hot garbage. Tkachuk was force drafted by Melnyk. Stutzle - pure luck. PInto is slow. Not top 6.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is what Hockey Prospect's Black Book says about him:

View attachment 723519
View attachment 723520

Reads like a Sens pick. Big toolsy D that may lack hockey IQ.

Definitely a mixed bag. I guess you can't expect a star in the fourth round. But the hockey sense questions are concerning. I'd imagine he'll be more physical when he puts on more muscle.

But really, as a RD, if he can be reliable in his own zone and make a decent first pass out of the zone and compliment his partner, then he can turn into something decent.

Let him go to college for 2-3 seasons and see how he develops.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

“I learned to play small and develop that kind of skill set, which I think helped me a lot,” said Stanley. “After the Bantam draft, I grew four inches that summer, and then continued to grow. I think I’m eight inches taller now and 70 pounds heavier. So it definitely helps. It even helps with skating, and on the back end, my physical play is an area that I improved at with the size but still know that I need to get better at but I’m still sort of just kind of getting used to a bigger frame and realizing that I can push guys around a bit more. In the offseasons over the past couple of years, I’m working on playing more physically, especially playing with older guys going into college next year. I’ve always really focused on building strength and quickness and just getting bigger and faster.”

Oct 10, 2010
That great because I’ve been reading he’s soft so glad he’s acknowledging that he’s got the size to act and be tough and not shy away from contact!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad