D Esa Lindell (2012, 74th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
since Dallas has Klingberg and Honka.. thats enought to to run the PP, would it make sense to trade him for a mid first in 2016 draft ? Im sure many teams would offer that because they can use an offensive Dman. How about the Oilers, I think He would be a nice fit there :popcorn:

He's the heir apparent to Alex Goligoski's spot as the left-handed top 4 position on the Stars. Both Honka and Klingberg are right handed and would likely never be on the ice at the same time using the philosophies of Ruff and Nill.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Does Lindell have any top 2 or atleast top 4 potential?

I think he has potential to put up some real good points in Dallas. He will forsurely get PP time with all that unreal offense on the team. I cant wait for him to make his debut. I'd like to see him get some #2 PP time this year with the big club.

Keep him in the AHL for another month or 2 and then call him up to get his feet wet for a handful of games.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Keep him in the AHL for another month or 2 and then call him up to get his feet wet for a handful of games.

I'd love to see this happen. Just need to clear out at least one D and then Lindell can be the first injury callup. And maybe another D later if he comes up and shows he deserves to stay. As it is, Demers is suspended but because we have 8 D we didn't even have to call anyone up. I'm ready to see someone move so Lindell can get a look. His trajectory so far is similar to Klingberg so I'd hate for him to not get any NHL experience this year because of too many waiver guys that aren't going to be part of the future like Lindell is.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'd love to see this happen. Just need to clear out at least one D and then Lindell can be the first injury callup. And maybe another D later if he comes up and shows he deserves to stay. As it is, Demers is suspended but because we have 8 D we didn't even have to call anyone up. I'm ready to see someone move so Lindell can get a look. His trajectory so far is similar to Klingberg so I'd hate for him to not get any NHL experience this year because of too many waiver guys that aren't going to be part of the future like Lindell is.

They even had similar seasons for their final year in Europe. Klingberg put up great points in his final year in Sweden and then had 1 assist in 3 games to finish out his year in the AHL that year. And then in Lindell's final season in Finland, he put up unreal numbers and then finished out the season in the AHL with 1 assist in 5 games. Very many similarities with those 2 guys path. Hopefully Lindell can duplicate Klingbergs success at the NHL level

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Do you think he will play any Nhl games this season?

I hope so but I cant see it as of now... Dallas is rolling right now and IMO unfortunately don't need to recall him. I have no issue him playing all season in the AHL this year

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How did Lindell look in his NHL debut?

didn't look bad, didn't look great... just was kinda there. Played it safe all game. I looked out for him all game and just kinda noticed him at times when passing the puck. Moves well and you can tell he is smart with the puck. Tough to say much about him after this game.

Overall, did his job and kept it simple

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
didn't look bad, didn't look great... just was kinda there. Played it safe all game. I looked out for him all game and just kinda noticed him at times when passing the puck. Moves well and you can tell he is smart with the puck. Tough to say much about him after this game.

Overall, did his job and kept it simple

Pretty much what I thought too. It was fine for a debut. Didn't do anything too special but wasn't a liability and didn't look out of place. Hopefully in the next game Ruff plays him with Jokipakka who he has national team experience with instead of the #8 D

I heard last nights game was 4th for him in 5days?

Yeah. Played Friday, Saturday, Sunday, traveled on Monday then played Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad