D Esa Lindell (2012, 74th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
ive always liked him and really do think he will have a huge offensive season in AHL. Dallas has some real impressive young d in their system

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
Hopefully, Dallas can become the first NHL team with an all Nordic D roster :)

Klingberg-Jokypakka
Nemeth-Oduya
Honka-Lindell

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
does Lindell have the same Offensive upside as Klingberg? seems to have excellent stats in the AHL

Well, I don't know about Klingberg, but Lindell was the highest scoring defenseman in Liiga last year, which suggests that he has at least a relatively high offensive upside.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
does Lindell have the same Offensive upside as Klingberg? seems to have excellent stats in the AHL

Lindell seems like he will be a very capable offensive defenceman, but not nearly as dynamic or creative as Klingberg. Klingberg has the capability of being a 50-60 point dman, whereas Lindell I see more as a 40 point more two way player.

Edit: If Lindell is capable of reaching his potential, I'm not saying he is for sure a 40 point dman.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
i feel like the stars can be the more experienced flames of this year. Maybe see a rematch with anaheim. Good young secondary pieces around young franchise players.

could he be either

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere

It's possible, but I think Klingberg's hockey sense is a notch above Lindell's. Klingberg shows other-worldly patience with the puck, which is why he's so dangerous. Lindell is a more direct player than Klingberg. He's more likely to throw the puck at the net with a solid, elusive wrister that gets through traffic creating rebound opportunities for the forwards. Lindell gets up on the rush as a trailing option, but he's not as much of a puck rusher as Klingberg, mainly because Klingberg is a better skater all-around.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Lindell is Goligoski 2.0

He doesn't have the offensive upside of Klingberg but I think he'll be good for 30-40 points. Klingberg has 50+ point potential.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
I absolutely love Honka's offensive game. Do you see a high-end defensive side as well?

Yes, to a degree. His defensive game is lacking because of a lack of strength and experience...not a lack of fundamental understanding on defensive concepts. Honka is learning these principles as a young pro.

That is not something I see in Lindell.

Honka might compare stylistically to Tobias Enstrom. But Enstrom turned out really good defensively because he had to babysit a fourth forward in Dustin Byfuglien for what must have felt like half his life...

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
He doesn't play defense very well, so if we don't focus on his offense, there's nothing to focus on...

Yeah, I dont get this. I thought Lindell is a stud in the D-side of things. Way better than Honka......Didnt Lindell have the best +/- of all dmen last year in Finland. Had a great WC on top of that.

ikzu

Oct 22, 2015
Lindell is +7 at the moment and is leading that statistic in Texas. Also was +5 @ WC

Of course that doesn't tell you everything about how good one is defending. But you can't get that kind of figures if you are totally crap D'man.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
I am not a fan of the angles he takes on rushes against, and in turn some of his decisions that follow. He's a "run and stab" type of defender and sometimes it comes up roses and other times it creates more problems than it is worth...and for a player who lacks in his "transition" skating and recovery ability, it is going to be a challenge for AHL coaches to get him to play more within himself consistently...

I'm excited to see how he progresses in the AHL though, he certainly has the upside to play in the NHL...but he needs to piece it all together still...

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
since Dallas has Klingberg and Honka.. thats enought to to run the PP, would it make sense to trade him for a mid first in 2016 draft ? Im sure many teams would offer that because they can use an offensive Dman. How about the Oilers, I think He would be a nice fit there :popcorn:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
since Dallas has Klingberg and Honka.. thats enought to to run the PP, would it make sense to trade him for a mid first in 2016 draft ? Im sure many teams would offer that because they can use an offensive Dman. How about the Oilers, I think He would be a nice fit there :popcorn:

I actually like his situation in Dallas organization over Honka's. Id rather Stars keep Lindell instead. Honka and Klingberg are both right handed puck movers and we all know Klingberg is going nowhere. Lindell is a lefty that is a puck mover but also plays in all situations. I know he's a couple years older than Honka but he has been more impressive than him.

Lindell is averaging a point a game, first in AHL rookie scoring, 2nd in team scoring in AHL so far. Putting up similar numbers as Klingberg did last season in AHL before he was recalled for good. Here are his and Klingberg's stats in AHL(before Klinger was called up last year)....

Lindell - 7gp. 1g. 6a. 7pts. 6pims. +8. *currently 21 years old
Klingberg - 10gp. 4g. 6a. 10pts. 6pims. +2. *was 22 years old with these stats

Ill be very curious when Lindell gets recalled. I like him being a good offensive left shot dman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad