D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Source?
I only know about a birth defect (or kind of, I forgot about the name of it) that impacted him as a kid but I don't think he had knee injuries pre draft. To my knowledge they all came after the draft and I don't think they're related to the birth defect (or whatever it is) either. This is not something the Canadiens could have anticipated at the draft. It's either just bad luck or one of his previous knee injuries wasn't treated or cured the right way.

Ah yeah. I think that's what it is. I actually have something similar.

Anyway, that's not a "knee injury" and not something that would necessarily lead other knee injuries either. So I don't think you can blame the Habs. They couldn't possibly have anticipated Reichenbacher's knee problems. It's most certainly just bad luck.

Like I said. I forgot exactly what it was he had. I only know that he did have knee problems based on some kind of a birth defect. He didn't have a knee injury pre draft though. At least not that I know of. I don't pretend to know everything about his life but I don't think there were any concerns about his knees at the draft. Whatsoever.

No worries. I only responded to a post accusing the Habs of drafting a player with a history of knee injuries. I believe there was some kind of a knee condition (you may very well be right about it not being Osgood Schlatter) but I don't think it was anything that could have caused those injuries he had post draft and I don't think he had any knee injuries pre draft either.

“Reinbacher suffered an MCL injury against Sweden in the second game, forcing him to miss three games.

He’s still dealing with a bit of pain nearly a full month later”

Get your facts straight next time before spouting off.

I’m 95% sure he had knee issues/injuries even before the one above; I’ll see what I can find.

The Habs didn’t do their due diligence, considering he’s worn braces on his knees since before the draft. It appears he didn’t take the required time off for it to heal 100%, or he may have opted against a surgery he should’ve got back then.

It was only a matter of time before this happened, which is why him getting injured on a nothing play makes sense. If you look, he actually injured himself on the zone entry prior to any contact - he drags his left foot, bending his knee at an extremely awkward angle as he enters the zone. The hit, which was to his right side, was coincidental, and he falls because he was already injured.

The injury likely occurred due to instability or muscle weakness due to the braces he wears and the fact that his knee never healed properly.

This is on Habs’ management.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
“Reinbacher suffered an MCL injury against Sweden in the second game, forcing him to miss three games.

He’s still dealing with a bit of pain nearly a full month later”

Get your facts straight next time before spouting off.

I’m 95% sure he had knee issues/injuries even before the one above; I’ll see what I can find.

The Habs didn’t do their due diligence, considering he’s worn braces on his knees since before the draft. It appears he didn’t take the required time off for it to heal 100%, or he may have opted against a surgery he should’ve got back then.

It was only a matter of time before this happened, which is why him getting injured on a nothing play makes sense. If you look, he actually injured himself on the zone entry prior to any contact - he drags his left foot, bending his knee at an extremely awkward angle as he enters the zone. The hit, which was to his right side, was coincidental, and he falls because he was already injured.

The injury likely occurred due to instability or muscle weakness due to the braces he wears and the fact that his knee never healed properly.

This is on Habs’ management.
Yeah, that was pre draft but it looked worse than it was. Reinbacher returned to action at the same tournament, only missed three games to do tests, make sure everything was okay.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Yeah, that was pre draft but it looked worse than it was. Reinbacher returned to action at the same tournament, only missed three games to do tests, make sure everything was okay.
Yet, he was still dealing with pain over a month later, has worn braces on his knees ever since, and here we are two years later after he injured himself, same knee, on a zone entry. Hmm…

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
draft-day.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
My newly adjusted expectations for his potential:

Low: bust/Noah Juulsen

Mid: Josh Gorges

High: Patrice Brisebois

Ad