D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
Do people realize this injury could happen to anyone? Like using it to build a narrative that they “should have drafted someone else” is just wild.

Perhaps they should have drafted someone else (which will take years to know for sure). But the fact that he got injured isn’t what should be pushing that narrative at all. Plenty of players have been drafted, injured and succeeded, the trick of course is you’ll have to wait and see if they can get back on track.

Reactions: goforit

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think this might have been one of the worst picks in NHL history considering who they passed.
Who is that, the most overrated prospect in nhl history?

Have a hard time to keep track of who you’re trolling with the hyperbole?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Do people realize this injury could happen to anyone? Like using it to build a narrative that they “should have drafted someone else” is just wild.

Perhaps they should have drafted someone else (which will take years to know for sure). But the fact that he got injured isn’t what should be pushing that narrative at all. Plenty of players have been drafted, injured and succeeded, the trick of course is you’ll have to wait and see if they can get back on track.
Stop acting like the injury is the reason. He was an ill advised pick from day one and it has only gotten worse (he was terrible last year and clearly regressed), and many people feel/felt that way.

It isn’t even just Michkov; it’s the sheer amount of talent that was available - Michkov, Leonard, Dvorsky, Benson, Willander, But, Yager. Hell, even Simashev. For a team in MTL’s situation to pass on players like those for a safe low upside guy is nuts, and was from the start.

The injury is just the cherry on top, especially with his history and the fact that he injured himself on a routine play. He’s made of glass and never had high upside to begin with. You don’t draft those players high, not if you’re smart, and especially when there’s the kind of talent on the board that there was.

But hey, at least the apologists have an excuse forever now to muddy the waters whenever they need to.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
So bizarre. It really looked like a nothing play when it happened, but I guess something got caught and slightly twisted in the worst way.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Awful news.. I thought he looked phenomenal in the Olympics qualifiers but not as good in the Montreal pre-season games.

So for me he definitely showed potential in the few games that I watched.

Reactions: Martinez89

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
Stop acting like the injury is the reason. He was an ill advised pick from day one and it has only gotten worse (he was terrible last year and clearly regressed), and many people feel/felt that way.

It isn’t even just Michkov; it’s the sheer amount of talent that was available - Michkov, Leonard, Dvorsky, Benson, Willander, But, Yager. Hell, even Simashev. For a team in MTL’s situation to pass on players like those for a safe low upside guy is nuts, and was from the start.

The injury is just the cherry on top, especially with his history and the fact that he injured himself on a routine play. He’s made of glass and never had high upside to begin with. You don’t draft those players high, not if you’re smart, and especially when there’s the kind of talent on the board that there was.

But hey, at least the apologists have an excuse forever now to muddy the waters whenever they need to.
Literally said you could say he isn’t the right pick, but the injury wouldn’t make sense as the thing to reference. Personally I would have also picked someone else, but not because of some injury that could have happened to anyone.

Jan 21, 2018
Kiddo, half our boards wanted Michkov. But whatever floats your small boat.

But doesn’t that also mean that half your boards did not want Michkov?

I guess we can’t fully blame Montreal management for this horrendous pick when you just admitted than half your boards didn’t even want Michkov.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Literally said you could say he isn’t the right pick, but the injury wouldn’t make sense as the thing to reference. Personally I would have also picked someone else, but not because of some injury that could have happened to anyone.
Even if that’s what people are doing, it’s completely fair to bring it up because he had a history of knee injuries already. It’s not the reason it was a bad pick, but another one among many.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Even if that’s what people are doing, it’s completely fair to bring it up because he had a history of knee injuries already. It’s not the reason it was a bad pick, but another one among many.
Source?
I only know about a birth defect (or kind of, I forgot about the name of it) that impacted him as a kid but I don't think he had knee injuries pre draft. To my knowledge they all came after the draft and I don't think they're related to the birth defect (or whatever it is) either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad