Confirmed with Link: (D) Brenden Dillon signs with NJ - 3 years, 12 mil. (4 mil. AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I know less about Dillon than Pesce so I can't really say much other then - seem cool! Good size, seemed happy in his brief tv phone interview with NHL network. Mentioned we were a hard team to play against, lots of talent. Yaddyayaddya.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I know less about Dillon than Peace so I can't really say much other then - seem cool! Good size, seemed happy in his brief tv phone interview with NHL network. Mentioned we were a hard team to play against, lots of talent. Yaddyayaddya.
Fitz obviously told him we want to be a hard team to play against and we think you would be a big part of that.

It was fresh on his mind. He's s banger though.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Would like to see the contract details. Hopefully he can easily be moved after year 2 as Silayev should be coming over and will probably be ready to step in by then.
He will have just turned 20 and have no experience in North America. He may need some or all of 1 season in the AHL before he is REALLY ready.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I like the Dillon target for their 3LD. But this is an obvious overpay. Too much term and too much money. AFP projected him at $3M x 2.

I have a bigger concern than Dillon though, and moreso the overall construction of the blueline. It's getting older and slower, and now three of their top-six guys are in their 30s, have term., and are not the fleetest of foot to begin with. Any slips in mobility and the effectiveness of the blueline corps will drop significantly. It's an issue to monitor.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Described the Devils as “tough to play against”.

Not in Winnipeg lol.

Our worst records by arena.
IMG_8218.jpeg

The old timey building records include the Scouts and Rockies. (Richmond Ohio is the Cleveland Barons lol.)

I put a red line through the arenas that have been demolished.

Buildings on the list that avoided demo:
Leafs stopped playing in the Gardens in 1999.
Kings stopped playing in the Forum in 1999.
Habs stopped playing in the Forum in 1996.
Canucks stopped playing in the Coliseum in 1995.

And then there’s the one in that opened in 2004 where the new Jets stomp us like we’re narcs at a biker rally.

And if you were wondering about those weird one off at top…

Providence: March 16, 1993
1-3 L vs BOS
Halifax: October 31, 1993
1-4 L vs NYR

Why did those happen?

As a part of the 1992 strike settlement, the NHL and Bruce McNall's Multivision Marketing and Public Relations Co. organized 26 regular season games in cities without a franchise as a litmus test for future expansion.
link

FYI we didn’t always lose these weird “neutral site” games.

Copps Coliseum, Hamilton: November 18, 1992
3-2 W vs BUF

Target Center, Minneapolis: March 27, 1994
5-2 W vs Nordiques

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
MacDermid seems well respected around the league as a locker room guy and good face puncher
just once next season I want Rempe's helmet to come off early in the fight and then see the Rangers fans make excuses when he's beaten like a rented mule. Just once. His face shield saved him in that last game when he finally answered the bell.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You’re really going to pretend you only want this to happen once?
Rempe is effectively a child. I don’t want him hurt. I just want him to learn that he needs to respect the game and the other players. The morons that cheer rabidly for him might learn something as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad