Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2024-25

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As a breaking up of the old boy's club, hopefully this is a step toward hiring the best people for the positions regardless of their previous hockey credentials. I have no idea how the best people to run a complex organization are the same people as who have played NCAA, CHL, and/or NHL hockey. A complete statistical anomaly, surely.

Completely agree with hiring the best people regardless of their background, but Jessica Campbell played for the Canadian national team at various points, also went through the NCAA, and played in a women's pro league, so it's not entirely a departure from that. Zero doubt she made connections during her playing career that landed her here. Though she appears to be well qualified for the position, it's not like she's a random nobody they pulled out of a marketing job with Target.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Completely agree with hiring the best people regardless of their background, but Jessica Campbell played for the Canadian national team at various points, also went through the NCAA, and played in a women's pro league, so it's not entirely a departure from that. Zero doubt she made connections during her playing career that landed her here. Though she appears to be well qualified for the position, it's not like she's a random nobody they pulled out of a marketing job with Target.
Yeah, I'm aware of her hockey background. Her being female is the break from tradition here. I'm just expressing that I'd like to see that pushed even further.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, I'm aware of her hockey background. Her being female is the break from tradition here. I'm just expressing that I'd like to see that pushed even further.

It's not nice to push girls. And when they stand up you're going to end up getting beat with a shoe. :help:

Coaches coming up from the players ranks is pretty standard throughout every league. They have the been there done that understanding and relatability. They might not have made it to thie highest level, but they will have played at a higher level (college, minors, etc) than most.

It's the Front Office being stocked with former players (there does need to be some, just for that voice in the room) is what needs to change imo.

Reactions: BagHead

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Suter will eventually take a lowball offer from a non-contender… can’t wait to see him get shelled on Chicago or Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad