D Brandt Clarke - Ontario Reign, AHL (2021, 8th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Knock-kneed! Now i've heard everything. I thought i had previously read every possible thing that could be said about an nhl prospect in a scouting report. Guess i was wrong.
Can that be treated with surgery? More squats at the gym?
Hydroxychloroquin?
RealComfortableHarpyeagle-size_restricted.gif

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Knock-kneed! Now i've heard everything. I thought i had previously read every possible thing that could be said about an nhl prospect in a scouting report. Guess i was wrong.
Hydroxychloroquin?

You’ve seriously never read that is something looked at by scouts? It’s weirder that you haven’t heard of it tbh. Pretty simple biomechanics. It’s a detriment to skating and getting into optimal skating position where a player used their glute muscles which are your strongest.

It would be like seeing a person squat a bar full of wait and their knees touching as they squat and saying “oh hey that’s not preventing them from squatting more weight at all.”

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
You’ve seriously never read that is something looked at by scouts? It’s weirder that you haven’t heard of it tbh. Pretty simple biomechanics. It’s a detriment to skating and getting into optimal skating position where a player used their glute muscles which are your strongest.

It would be like seeing a person squat a bar full of wait and their knees touching as they squat and saying “oh hey that’s not preventing them from squatting more weight at all.”
The term "knock-kneed" in a scouting report ? Nope, never once read that in a scouting report". I've heard it's a medical condition, i guess it could also be a skating style though.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Hydroxychloroquin?
Really? You’ve never heard of that? I mean it’s not as common in NHL, because knock-kneed skaters usually don’t make it, but as junior level it’s usually one of the first things Coaches try to fix somehow.

Graeme Townshend who was skating coach for Leafs and Sharks for example said this about Douglas Murray who is knock-kneed:
-”Doug is a bit knock-kneed and more efficient skaters tend to be a little bow-legged. He had flexibility issues with his hips and he tended to stand on the outside of his heels, which meant he was always on the outside edge on his skates. We really had to re-shape his body to allow him to skate better."

So yeah, it something he will probably work on in the future, even tho it’s not as claring issue for him.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Anyone reason I shouldn't want the Ducks to take this kid at #1 if we get it? Because right now, he's my frontrunner.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone reason I shouldn't want the Ducks to take this kid at #1 if we get it? Because right now, he's my frontrunner.

I agree with you, but I’d suggest that if Drysdale is already penciled in for 25 minutes per game at his peak, which I’m sure Ducks fans expect, is there 25 minutes for Clarke?

That requires a coach willing to play the third pair guy about 10 per game, or to pair two right shots together for a full game or many shifts per game. Not all coaches will. If your 1D is a RHD, you might not want the 2D to also be a RHD.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Only reason is if you like another of the great defensive prospects more. Which is perfectly reasonable. They are all good in different ways.

From what I've read, Clarke doesn't have as much of a slapper as a wrister. That might limit him on the PP unless he develops it. Which could, in turn, limit his minutes more than you'd like for a #1 overall defenseman. He's great carrying the puck though, good passer, and a good skater, so he should have a pretty goof "floor". You're probably going to get a guy who can do 18-22 minutes a night even if he never makes it to 26+ minutes. He also needs more strength. Seems straight-forward, but sometimes it looks straight-forward but the prospect never gets there.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No chance at # 9 right?

I wouldn’t expect him to be on the board at 9, but I don’t think it’s impossible. If you want him to be there at 9, it probably revolves around one of Wallstedt and McTavish being top 8 picks, along with Power, Beniers, Hughes, Edvinsson, Johnson, Guenther, and Eklund.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
I wouldn’t expect him to be on the board at 9, but I don’t think it’s impossible. If you want him to be there at 9, it probably revolves around one of Wallstedt and McTavish being top 8 picks, along with Power, Beniers, Hughes, Edvinsson, Johnson, Guenther, and Eklund.
I have a sneaking suspicion LA takes Wallstedt

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
They could, but they may be content with Petersen.

Also, an organization whose goalie of the future (Petersen) was a 5th rounder, whose Cup-winning goalie of the past (Quick) was a 3rd rounder and whose last 1st round pick goalie (Bernier) didn't pan out for them doesn't strike me as an organization that will use a 1st round pick on a goalie again any time soon.

Reactions: wetcoast

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Maybe he does a bunch of instagram photoshoots where he has to contort himself into the shape of someone with a brutal bone disease and now it's affected his skating.

Some people are saying!

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think his career will end up right in between Shattenkirk and Klingberg.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I think his career will end up right in between Shattenkirk and Klingberg.

He’ll be better defensively than either of them. And the way he runs the point, calling plays and communicating, attacking up the boards and funneling pucks to the net is more reminiscent of Adam Fox.

Reactions: KapG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad