Czechs in North America

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Looks like some of the guys read my bashing lol. Hertl, Necas, Chytil, Dostal amazing

Good also Vejmelka, Vrana, Ivan, Palat

Hronek with at least assist finally, but still he needs to put up more

Jiricek and Kulich nothing sadly. That second line in Buffalo kinda not working so far.

Pasta and Zacha terrible, as all Boston again lol.

But overall much better then I expected

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Screenshot_2024-10-23-09-20-38-649_com.android.chrome.jpg

Btw when was last time Pasta was "only" third in Czech productivity ranking lol?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I mean, I'd take the bet that Pasta wins the scoring title for the Czechs here.lol
99% he will I was just wondering if at any point (maybe excluding 1-2first games) in last 5 season he was not our nr1 in scoring lol

FTR.. Nedas was unreal last night. Reminded me of World Championships.. just dancing around like crazy. So many chances.
Necas is great I hope he will have bigger role in Carolina now, he is capable of ppg seasons if he has enough space for that.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
99% he will I was just wondering if at any point (maybe excluding 1-2first games) in last 5 season he was not our nr1 in scoring lol

Necas is great I hope he will have bigger role in Carolina now, he is capable of ppg seasons if he has enough space for that.
I'm an oil fan and we have mcdrai.. Necas stood out last night. He was f***en everywhere. Just a beautiful performance. Also.. one hell of a game!

Reactions: martygod12

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Chytil has been a little quiet in recent games, but nothing that playing the Habs defense can’t cure with a 3 point night. He doesn’t play with the most creative line mates or get much PP time, so that’s worth keeping in mind. But he does spearhead arguably the best third line in the league.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Chytil has been a little quiet in recent games, but nothing that playing the Habs defense can’t cure with a 3 point night. He doesn’t play with the most creative line mates or get much PP time, so that’s worth keeping in mind. But he does spearhead arguably the best third line in the league.
My take, if healthy, he'd be at least a 2C on a normal team. Rangers are stacked so he's more of an outscorer for your boys. Great problem to have! But I would like to see him in the Top 6 at some point and think he may have got there if not for all the injurie (which I think will eventually get him on lTIR)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Don't like this list at all.lol

Cihar may be our riser this year.
Yeah a bit low rankings considering how this group was destroying almost everything last year at U17 and then this year at Hlinkas

Mrtka - IDK not convinced me yet he is a 1st rounder, but as you said he is the wet dream of any NHL club with his physical proportion right now so maybe could happen lol

Benak - again suffering from playing for a complete trash club lol. Which shows on his productivity and that he doesnt stand out that much. But if he has good WJC and U18 WCH he may get a late 1st round

Cihar - the biggest riser and for me personally a suprise 1st rounder for the Czechs this year. He is getting big minutes in Vary, getting even PP time and he shows he is ready already for this role. At this pace he will be somewhere around 15 points in ELH so if thats not a 1st round material all NHL scouts are crazy. I wonder if he gets an U20 invite for the WJC what do you think?

Zahejsky - injured but when he will be healthy I am sure he will rise, he is a great prospect and I think he will end up in the 2/3 round mark

Poletín, Nestrasil, Pekar, Pavlik - definitely expected more from them in their club season so far, so that low ranking is sadly not a suprise and its accurate, kinda shame

Nice to see Galvas there lol!

But still not so many high ranking prospects, but we may end up with 10+ drafted players again, which is good. And with a bit of luck and some good constelation we can still end up with three 1st rounders lol, so not that bad.

Reactions: Goodman68

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My take, if healthy, he'd be at least a 2C on a normal team. Rangers are stacked so he's more of an outscorer for your boys. Great problem to have! But I would like to see him in the Top 6 at some point and think he may have got there if not for all the injurie (which I think will eventually get him on lTIR)
I would too. He honestly just got injured at the wrong time last year. He started as the center for Panarin’s line. Gets injured and that opens the door for Trocheck who didn’t have any success with Panarin the year prior, and those two (and Lafreniere) find magic and now it won’t be changed.

I would love, LOVE, to see him play with Kreider. I think most fans of the team would like to see that too, but Zibanejad and Kreider have to play on the same line because they had success five years ago or something. Zibanejad also apparently can’t be demoted to the third line. We aren’t even allowed to call his line the second line (even though literally everyone knows Panarin’s line is line 1) because it’ll hurt his feelings I guess. I think Chytil becoming top 6 is going to happen, but may just take a little time of Chytil staying healthy and Zibanejad continuing his decline.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I would too. He honestly just got injured at the wrong time last year. He started as the center for Panarin’s line. Gets injured and that opens the door for Trocheck who didn’t have any success with Panarin the year prior, and those two (and Lafreniere) find magic and now it won’t be changed.

I would love, LOVE, to see him play with Kreider. I think most fans of the team would like to see that too, but Zibanejad and Kreider have to play on the same line because they had success five years ago or something. Zibanejad also apparently can’t be demoted to the third line. We aren’t even allowed to call his line the second line (even though literally everyone knows Panarin’s line is line 1) because it’ll hurt his feelings I guess. I think Chytil becoming top 6 is going to happen, but may just take a little time of Chytil staying healthy and Zibanejad continuing his decline.
I didn't know zbinejad was on a decline.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah a bit low rankings considering how this group was destroying almost everything last year at U17 and then this year at Hlinkas

Mrtka - IDK not convinced me yet he is a 1st rounder, but as you said he is the wet dream of any NHL club with his physical proportion right now so maybe could happen lol

Benak - again suffering from playing for a complete trash club lol. Which shows on his productivity and that he doesnt stand out that much. But if he has good WJC and U18 WCH he may get a late 1st round

Cihar - the biggest riser and for me personally a suprise 1st rounder for the Czechs this year. He is getting big minutes in Vary, getting even PP time and he shows he is ready already for this role. At this pace he will be somewhere around 15 points in ELH so if thats not a 1st round material all NHL scouts are crazy. I wonder if he gets an U20 invite for the WJC what do you think?

Zahejsky - injured but when he will be healthy I am sure he will rise, he is a great prospect and I think he will end up in the 2/3 round mark

Poletín, Nestrasil, Pekar, Pavlik - definitely expected more from them in their club season so far, so that low ranking is sadly not a suprise and its accurate, kinda shame

But still not so many high ranking prospects, but we may end up with 10+ drafted players again, which is good. And with a bit of luck and some good constelation we can still end up with three 1st rounders lol, so not that bad.
Omg.. is benak still U18 eligible? That is funny. Given how U18 goes I think the whole team should just decline.haha

Cihar at U20.. that is a great question. Not sure. Czechs federation will favor a guy in Europe and I don't love our forwards to be honest. So maybe? I do like the forwards but no Kulich type game breaker (maybe sale) and no overages killing it like Becher. So scoring by committee and I could see cihar being useful. It's on small ice though. Might be a disadvantage to him.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

I feel that if the same players had, for example, Swedish nationality, they would be in a completely different place in the rankings. As you write, this team destroyed almost everyone last year, HGC played fantastic this season and they will make this ranking? Such Pavlík, Poletín or Záhejský must be higher in the ranking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad