Czechs in North America

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Kulich playing. 4th line but at least he is there. Dont know why Sabres just dont get rid of Krebs and shake the 2nd line somehow to put Kulich there.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I was cooking. I turned on the TV and Kulich botched two passes on the power play. I came to TV for the second time, someone from Buffalo is eliminated. Kulich. I left..

• Haha

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So on the last month.. Kulich played a rookie tournamen.. then played one exhibition game in 2 weeks and got tossed on the 4th line in an NHL game. I'm pretty sure they have no clue what to do with him.

Just tuniing into the game... looks like he is getting more than 4th line. He has a decent amount of minutes right now.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Jiricek continues his amazing zero point ride lol. Not watching the games, is he getting even PP time and not getting anything?

I was so sure once he gets a PP spot the points will just keep coming thanks to that crazy shot of his.
I haven't watched but I feel like he's getting 2nd pair and lots of games. This is the opposite of Kulich... In his case I don't see the coaches logic at all. In jiriceks case.. it would appear he is shitting the bed after being given good minutes and a good partner in provorov. I really can't blame Columbus here.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah seems that initial lienup on flascore was wrong and he is in the 2nd lineup. It needs to be like that whole season, but we all know he is going back to Rochester moment after they land in USA lol.
He was put in a great spot, he scores and he stays is my hunch. It's on him now to have a great game. I really can't complain here.

I'm curious what happened with Benson? hurt or healthy scratch. The HF Sabre fans love him.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
He was put in a great spot, he scores and he stays is my hunch. It's on him now to have a great game. I really can't complain here.

I'm curious what happened with Benson? hurt or healthy scratch. The HF Sabre fans love him.
Well not even a sog and -2 .. Rochester is calling baby

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Its hard Sabres looked terrible in those two games, but still it was not a good game from him
They did and if he can't crack this lineup after that golden opportunity I'm worried. He had excellent linemates. Was on wing instead of C. Dream spot.

The other surprise for me is that Nemec got bottom pair minutes for both games. Maybe his injury is still nagging him?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I really hoped that he would improve his interlude in a year (hopefully he will translate it well..), which was not at all good before (let's face it). He probably hasn't improved enough and maybe he's just another czech bust. I'm really starting to capitulate in my expectations, every year the same thing happens and we only get ordinary s.h.i t. Nothing more.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
And it cannot be at all surprising that when a player appears whose talent is clearly at the top level of the NHL (at least like Pasta), he has the right habits, he is not lazy, on the contrary, nature gives him the height of a Hobbit. I don't know, maybe the hockey God is kidding us:confused:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
And it cannot be at all surprising that when a player appears whose talent is clearly at the top level of the NHL (at least like Pasta), he has the right habits, he is not lazy, on the contrary, nature gives him the height of a Hobbit. I don't know, maybe the hockey God is kidding us:confused:
It is almost funny.. almost.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Mock away.. but.. I'm rewatching the Gold game against Switzerland.lol. That winning goal was all Hajek.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So with preseason coming to an end (finally, dont know why they play that many games, if they cut it in half, season can start earlier and we can see more NHL players at WCH in May every year :) )

What do we look at concerning our players:

Sure spot:

Gudas
Pasta
Zacha
Necas
Nosek (when healthy)
Palat
Chytil
Rutta
Faksa
Kampf
Hronek
Hertl

Thats 12 (depresing lol)

For the others:
Jiricek - will probably start the season in CBJ, but he really needs to up his game to remain there full time. Preseason was underwhelming sadly.

Kulich - got a game, but didnt play good. But so did the whole Sabres team. Dont know if he will get more games or be send back to AHL, but I think he will get at least 30 games this season. He needs to show he is ready for being a full time NHLer, which will be very hard in a terrible Buffalo. Honestly best thing for him would be trade to a different and not so shit organization lol, but thats not happening anytime soon probably.

Klapka - big chance to make the team, good preseason, one of few pleasant suprises of the Czech preseason. This can happen.

Lauko - also good preseason, has NHL experience already, I think he should get a spot in the bottom 6 in Minnesota

Vrana - absolutely dont know how he stands so far lol. I think he is still with the team? Or was he send down already and I missed it? I really dont know lol. I guess its 50:50 and we will see next week if he made it or not.

Jenik - got that first amazing game, then nothing. But his ratings dont look so bad, and he is still in the team, so that 4th line in Ottawa can happen.

Ivan - could be the biggest suprise for the opening night from Czech players. Still in the team, getting nice minutes, and still putting up points. Idk dont want to be overly optimistic and I am counting with AHL here lol, but I think he has a real chance to make it for the start of the season.

Blumel - didnt really stand out much in the preseason. Still in the team, but I think he will be send down do AHL again sadly.

Svozil - got called up back again, looked better then Jiricek in that last game lol, but I think AHL too. But he may get some chances during the season.

So out of those guys If I had to rank them by probability of making the NHL lineup:
Jiricek
Lauko
Klapka
Jenik
Kulich
Vrana
Ivan
Blumel
Svozil

I think at least the first two should be pretty safe. So we are looking at 14 skaters at worst and 21 at best for the opening. If we get around 16-17 I would be completey thrilled. But we also need those at least 16-17 to finish the season in the NHL lol, which based on our records lately will be extremely hard.

As for GKs (dont follow those that much, so Czechboy will correct me here lol):
Mrazek - 1st GK
Dostal - 1st GK
Vejmelka - battle for 1st
Vanecek - battle for 1st
Rittich - 2nd GK
Vladar - 2nd GK
Dobes - 2nd GK in Montreal ?
Patera - probably AHL, maybe 2nd in Boston

Others AHL at the moment

And a quick addon lol. AHL players I think could get a chance and can battle for NHL spot this season:

Frk
Svozil
Rychlovsky
Chmelar
Brabenec
Spacek
Rousek
Kral

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
So with preseason coming to an end (finally, dont know why they play that many games, if they cut it in half, season can start earlier and we can see more NHL players at WCH in May every year :) )

Sure spot:

Gudas
Pasta
Zacha
Necas
Nosek (when healthy)
Palat
Chytil
Rutta
Faksa
Kampf
Hronek
Hertl

Thats 12 (depresing lol)

For the others:
Jiricek - will probably start the season in CBJ, but he really needs to up his game to remain there full time. Preseason was underwhelming sadly.

Kulich - got a game, but didnt play good. But so did the whole Sabres team. Dont know if he will get more games or be send back to AHL, but I think he will get at least 30 games this season. He needs to show he is ready for being a full time NHLer, which will be very hard in a terrible Buffalo. Honestly best thing for him would be trade to a different and not so shit organization lol, but thats not happening anytime soon probably.

Klapka - big chance to make the team, good preseason, one of few pleasant suprises of the Czech preseason. This can happen.

Lauko - also good preseason, has NHL experience already, I think he should get a spot in the bottom 6 in Minnesota

Vrana - absolutely dont know how he stands so far lol. I think he is still with the team? Or was he send down already and I missed it? I really dont know lol. I guess its 50:50 and we will see next week if he made it or not.

Jenik - got that first amazing game, then nothing. But his ratings dont look so bad, and he is still in the team, so that 4th line in Ottawa can happen.

Ivan - could be the biggest suprise for the opening night from Czech players. Still in the team, getting nice minutes, and still putting up points. Idk dont want to be overly optimistic and I am counting with AHL here lol, but I think he has a real chance to make it for the start of the season.

Blumel - didnt really stand out much in the preseason. Still in the team, but I think he will be send down do AHL again sadly.

Svozil - got called up back again, looked better then Jiricek in that last game lol, but I think AHL too. But he may get some chances during the season.

So out of those guys If I had to rank them by probability of making the NHL lineup:
Jiricek
Lauko
Klapka
Jenik
Kulich
Vrana
Ivan
Blumel
Svozil

I think at least the first two should be pretty safe. So we are looking at 14 skaters at worst and 21 at best for the opening. If we get around 16-17 I would be completey thrilled. But we also need those at least 16-17 to finish the season in the NHL lol, which based on our records lately will be extremely hard.

Mrazek - 1st GK
Dostal - 1st GK
Vanecek - battle for 1st
Rittich - 2nd GK
Vladar - 2nd GK

Others AHL at the moment

And a quick addon lol. AHL players I think could get a chance and can battle for NHL spot this season:

Frk
Svozil
Rychlovsky
Chmelar
Brabenec
Spacek
Rousek
Kral
Lauko 95% will make the first team. And it will stay in it. Jiříček sooner or later will end up in the AHL..

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Mrazek - 1st GK
Dostal - 1st GK
Vanecek - battle for 1st
Rittich - 2nd GK
Vladar - 2nd GK
Fine.. I'll correct it.lol

Vlada is in 'battle for 1st' as well. Dobes I think is AHL but he is looking damn good. Patera - Swayman just signed. Expect him on waivers for the 3rd team this season. FTR. i said I think he'll land with a third team and eventually end up the 2nd GK.

Reactions: martygod12

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Sure spot:

Gudas
Pasta
Zacha
Necas
Nosek (when healthy)
Palat
Chytil
Rutta
Faksa
Kampf
Hronek
Hertl

Thats 12 (depresing lol)

For the others:

Jiricek
Lauko
Klapka
Jenik
Kulich
Vrana
Ivan
Blumel
Svozil

Mrazek - 1st GK
Dostal - 1st GK
Vanecek - battle for 1st
Rittich - 2nd GK
Vladar - 2nd GK

Others AHL at the moment

Frk
Svozil
Rychlovsky
Chmelar
Brabenec
Spacek
Rousek
Kral
Perfect summary. Great job! Thank you.

I think Svozil is closer than we think. Agree that Jiricek seems to be in trouble. Kulich - it's hard, he sucked but so did Buffalo. They scored 2 goals in 2 games and got outplayed badly. I'd like to see the 'fancy stats' for all the forwards on Buffalo because I can't see any of them being very good after those 2 games.

Ivan would be an amazing bonus!

not sure where Ondrej Pavel is but he has NHL chances too.. hurt? Already sent down? Skarek has had a nice camp as well and is that age where he should be getting NHL games or back to Europe.

I'm most closely following Jenik, Klapka and Ivan right now.lol So sad about Blumel and his shitty camp. I think he may go on waivers and maybe goes to another team. That'd be good for him. I may be wrong though. Also just realized he's 24. Ouch.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Perfect summary. Great job! Thank you.

I think Svozil is closer than we think. Agree that Jiricek seems to be in trouble. Kulich - it's hard, he sucked but so did Buffalo. They scored 2 goals in 2 games and got outplayed badly. I'd like to see the 'fancy stats' for all the forwards on Buffalo because I can't see any of them being very good after those 2 games.

Ivan would be an amazing bonus!

not sure where Ondrej Pavel is but he has NHL chances too.. hurt? Already sent down? Skarek has had a nice camp as well and is that age where he should be getting NHL games or back to Europe.

I'm most closely following Jenik, Klapka and Ivan right now.lol So sad about Blumel and his shitty camp. I think he may go on waivers and maybe goes to another team. That'd be good for him. I may be wrong though. Also just realized he's 24. Ouch.
Yeah Blumel is a the breaking point I think. One more year to try and make it and then he should probably return to europe and be a top guy there. Would also be good for NT. Damn our Euro squad will be the best in the world soon if this continues lol

Dont know about Pavel, But Ivan has a chance and it would be a great suprise. As I am saying, cmnon lets try to keep it at at least 16 guys with 50+ games, and then start slowly raising those numbers. But we said this so many times over the last few years lol, better to not hope for anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad