Czechs in North America

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Mostly good news .. raska is available for free and may be nearing the end of ever becoming an NHL regular. However..Jakub Dvorak going to AHL is absolutely tremendous news!

Him in AHL.. Felcman doing well in NLA... Encouraging for u20 team.

Sale still up may mean they are thinking AHL? That is where I want him personally.

Is blumel alive?

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Mostly good news .. raska is available for free and may be nearing the end of ever becoming an NHL regular. However..Jakub Dvorak going to AHL is absolutely tremendous news!

Him in AHL.. Felcman doing well in NLA... Encouraging for u20 team.

Sale still up may mean they are thinking AHL? That is where I want him personally.

Is blumel alive?
Hope Sale will go to AHL, Blumel is 0+0 so its AHL party again this year lol

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

So basically confirmed no Kulich (and Rousek) in the lineup for the beginning of the season.

I don't know, is the coach idiot and killing Kulich there or is he just not good enough? I know AHL is not NHL, but damn seems strange to dominate in one and then suck so much in other, that even after two years it's not enough.

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

So basically confirmed no Kulich (and Rousek) in the lineup for the beginning of the season.

I don't know, is the coach idiot and killing Kulich there or is he just not good enough? I know AHL is not NHL, but damn seems strange to dominate in one and then suck so much in other, that even after two years it's not enough.
Did Kulich only get 1 preseason game on line 3 with Krebs and Rousek? Was there a second game I missed?

Feels like he flew in, was told to do a rookier tournament... killied it... got in one game on line 3 in an exhibition game and then flew back to Czech to not play.

Do I have this right? Or has he played more games?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018

Yep Ruff is fcking idiot.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Yep Ruff is fcking idiot.
The whole Buffalo Organization can go f*** themselves their own incompetence is why they haven't made it to the playoffs since 2012 bunch of f***ing clowns running the show 🤡
They are holding Kulich back.
Same as with CBJ holding Jiricek back
(As a Blackhawks fan) If Kevin Korchinski was playing NHL all last year, then Jiricek should have been at least in that same category

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The whole Buffalo Organization can go f*** themselves their own incompetence is why they haven't made it to the playoffs since 2012 bunch of f***ing clowns running the show 🤡
They are holding Kulich back.
Same as with CBJ holding Jiricek back
(As a Blackhawks fan) If Kevin Korchinski was playing NHL all last year, then Jiricek should have been at least in that same category
Definitely seems like it at a first glance. But it's weird this happens so much to Czech prospects lol.

I am starting to wonder if CBJ and Buffalo just don't know how to develop young players, or if there is something more to it, and our prospects just can't handle the switch from whatever league to NHL :(

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Definitely seems like it at a first glance. But it's weird this happens so much to Czech prospects lol.

I am starting to wonder if CBJ and Buffalo just don't know how to develop young players, or if there is something more to it, and our prospects just can't handle the switch from whatever league to NHL :(
Agreement. The idea that someone is deliberately harming Czech prospects is absolutely absurd. Let's face it, each of the bankrupt prospects of recent years (Zadina, Hájek, Zboril, Vrána and many others) had their own very weak side that decided that they didn't make it to the NHL, there's nothing personal about it (it's unbelievable , how much of the Czech players did not develop at the most important moment during the transition to adulthood.
Everyone else is far better off in this regard. Although they have much less of those prospects in the draft). It's just extremely difficult to make it to the NHL permanently. And the problems continue.
D. Jiříček had a problem with his skating and it doesn't look like he's making much progress (and I'm seriously worried that he'll never be able to do it again). Still, he can be a valuable player in the NHL. But I'm not really sure about that.
Kulich seems to have improved his game overall and in that case I believe he will be a valid player in the end.
Benák - he has everything, but then again he is tiny and we know how it goes in the current NHL.
A. Jiříček - I hope he will improve his shot, at first glance it is the only weakness in his game. If he can read the positional game well, he will be a very valuable player.
Svozil - it also doesn't look like he should be close to the NHL right now, it will take some time and there is no certainty for him. And we could probably continue. It is truly remarkable how unsuccessful we are in developing players for the NHL.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Agreement. The idea that someone is deliberately harming Czech prospects is absolutely absurd. Let's face it, each of the bankrupt prospects of recent years (Zadina, Hájek, Zboril, Vrána and many others) had their own very weak side that decided that they didn't make it to the NHL, there's nothing personal about it (it's unbelievable , how much of the Czech players did not develop at the most important moment during the transition to adulthood.
Everyone else is far better off in this regard. Although they have much less of those prospects in the draft). It's just extremely difficult to make it to the NHL permanently. And the problems continue.
D. Jiříček had a problem with his skating and it doesn't look like he's making much progress (and I'm seriously worried that he'll never be able to do it again). Still, he can be a valuable player in the NHL. But I'm not really sure about that.
Kulich seems to have improved his game overall and in that case I believe he will be a valid player in the end.
Benák - he has everything, but then again he is tiny and we know how it goes in the current NHL.
A. Jiříček - I hope he will improve his shot, at first glance it is the only weakness in his game. If he can read the positional game well, he will be a very valuable player.
Svozil - it also doesn't look like he should be close to the NHL right now, it will take some time and there is no certainty for him. And we could probably continue. It is truly remarkable how unsuccessful we are in developing players for the NHL.
Agree, strange is that this is a lot talked In a way that young players have problems with switch from junior to adult hockey. But that strangely doesn't seem to be the case here. Most of our prospects are doing fine in AHL or some euro league playing adult hockey with men. But they just can't handle that last step to NHL then. It really sucks and it's alarming that in the last 8 years we didn't produced one single stable NHLer and damn we must have had like at least 60 guys coming through draft or from Europe to try since then.

What good it gives us to have 15guys at draft or 60 guys in 5 years if we can transfer to regular NHL maybe two of them and Swiss and Germans can do the same but out of the pool of 10 players.

Well that's just another Czech depression going on here with no sight of the ending lol. Well maybe with a little hope for better tomorrow, at least the prospects are good now so the chances that at least some of them make it are higher now lol. We must hope the coming generations starting with Benak etc. This year will be more NHL ready.

But losing Jriicek and Kulich to Europe in a few years after few subpar NHL seasons would suck big time, considering that hype around them some two years ago when they looked like Jiricek will be a 50+ pts defender and Kulich a ppg attacker.

In the end Sale will be the best of all of them lol

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Agree, strange is that this is a lot talked In a way that young players have problems with switch from junior to adult hockey. But that strangely doesn't seem to be the case here. Most of our prospects are doing fine in AHL or some euro league playing adult hockey with men. But they just can't handle that last step to NHL then. It really sucks and it's alarming that in the last 8 years we didn't produced one single stable NHLer and damn we must have had like at least 60 guys coming through draft or from Europe to try since then.

What good it gives us to have 15guys at draft or 60 guys in 5 years if we can transfer to regular NHL maybe two of them and Swiss and Germans can do the same but out of the pool of 10 players.

Well that's just another Czech depression going on here with no sight of the ending lol. Well maybe with a little hope for better tomorrow, at least the prospects are good now so the chances that at least some of them make it are higher now lol. We must hope the coming generations starting with Benak etc. This year will be more NHL ready.

But losing Jriicek and Kulich to Europe in a few years after few subpar NHL seasons would suck big time, considering that hype around them some two years ago when they looked like Jiricek will be a 50+ pts defender and Kulich a ppg attacker.

If Benák is 10 cm taller, he is definitely in the NHL and will be a star. Not only is he great at hockey, he is also a fighter at heart. Unfortunately, we probably have to endure the worst to the fullest and there must always be something wrong with a czech player.
Šale will either barely be a player in the extra league or in the NHL. Nothing in between..

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Lots of optimism this morning!

Just you guys wait till they announce Skarek, Ivan, Klapka, Jenik and Sale have all made their NHL clubs!

I'll see myself out.lol

• Haha

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Lots of optimism this morning!

Just you guys wait till they announce Skarek, Ivan, Klapka, Jenik and Sale have all made their NHL clubs!

I'll see myself out.lol
Klapka might be the only positive of all preseason lol, and that Chytil is not injured yet

Honestly I was 100% sure Kulich will be in NHL this year all season, and Jiricek also and finally have some bigger role.

But seems like not, hard not to be depressed if another two of our top prospects go right the flop line back to Europe lol

Reactions: Czechboy

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018

I don´t know what is wrong with Jiricek, he is skating like disabled snail. I was sure he will be bonafide 1D two years from draft, looks like i was wrong. Sale is at least getting better, but he is so lanky and weak to even make impact in AHL. Kulich and Blumel needs trade asap, they are not type of players that are thriving in bottom 6. I just hope Kulich get his chance in middle 6 with Benson or at least Rosen, otherwise keep him on top line in Rochester and trade him eventually to team who wants to score goals lol. Also i am very positive about Adam Jiricek, whos skating is incomparably better than David´s, i would even dare to say he is great skater, much more translatable skillset no NHL just because of his skating and size.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

The answer is yes to both.

Eg. Sabres drafted Savoie 9th overall... he was another guy Kulich would never get past. Then they traded him for a utility bottom 6 winger (McLeod) and sent him to my Oilers who then sent him to the AHL this week. And the Oilers need cheap young players as we are capped out.

Now Kulich is a tour guide in Prague.

On the other hand, like Wooren said, 7 years since a Czech broke through in a meaningful way.

We are tremendous AHL feeder country.lol But Buffalo and Columbus are not exactly perfect. Like, Jiricek's first coach was Mike f***en Babcock in 2023.. who the hell hires Mike Babcock in 2023????

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Klapka might be the only positive of all preseason lol, and that Chytil is not injured yet

Honestly I was 100% sure Kulich will be in NHL this year all season, and Jiricek also and finally have some bigger role.

But seems like not, hard not to be depressed if another two of our top prospects go right the flop line back to Europe lol
Our EHT team will be nothing be top 100 draft picks in 5 years. We will dominate that! Switzerland better watch out for our boys on the EHT.lol

• Haha

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The answer is yes to both.

Eg. Sabres drafted Savoie 9th overall... he was another guy Kulich would never get past. Then they traded him for a utility bottom 6 winger (McLeod) and sent him to my Oilers who then sent him to the AHL this week. And the Oilers need cheap young players as we are capped out.

Now Kulich is a tour guide in Prague.

On the other hand, like Wooren said, 7 years since a Czech broke through in a meaningful way.

We are tremendous AHL feeder country.lol But Buffalo and Columbus are not exactly perfect. Like, Jiricek's first coach was Mike f***en Babcock in 2023.. who the hell hires Mike Babcock in 2023????
Yes they both have tough luck with what team drafted them ... For Kulich I think its more coach is and idiot issue then his skill, but problem is he is at the point when he will just stop developing if he remains in the AHL, and then we gonna have another killed talent eventhough he could have been a star in different organization.

Jiricek on the other hand as Moms said, is not making the progress we all think he would in those two years. Getting worried a lot about him, that he will end up as a clunky D with few NHL season and at 27 back in europe

I really hope we will turn this curse around and those guys from draft 24 onwards will be more succesfull in the AHL/Euro to NHL transition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad