Czechs in North America

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Chytil looked so back last night. Best player on the ice. He was not ready to miss virtually a full season and then jump into the intensity of playoff hockey, but this could be a great season for him. Had 1+1 (both primary). The goal was epic because he got his legs tripped with a dirty play, was visibly upset and mixing it up with the Bruins players, and then on the ensuing power play unleashes on them. Said he used the whole summer to work on his game because he already had rest during the regular season. Great attitude.

Chmelar also played, which is a good sign for how the organization views him. Plenty of the prospects don’t even make it into the preseason NHL games. He’ll play AHL this year.

Chmelar is a second tier type Czech trying to make his way to NHL. We know he won't win a Ross or Rocket.

Just curious.. think he ever plays a full NHL season? or AHL for several years and welcome to the Extraliga (eg. Michal Teply, Filip Chlapik or Michael Spacek).

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Chmelar is a second tier type Czech trying to make his way to NHL. We know he won't win a Ross or Rocket.

Just curious.. think he ever plays a full NHL season? or AHL for several years and welcome to the Extraliga (eg. Michal Teply, Filip Chlapik or Michael Spacek).
It’s hard to say. I don’t think it’s 100%, but I like how he plays. I feel he has the makings of a full time guy if he gets his shot and then takes it. His upside is like a Pierre Engvall, but maybe it doesn’t go well and he’s Julien Gauthier. Tough to say. Rangers have a lot of bottom 6 type prospects. They’ve stacked up on them under Drury. There’s gonna be competition. His best bet may be getting traded at the trade deadline as part of the return for an NHL’er to somewhere where his path doesn’t involve a lot of competition.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad