Czechs in North America

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
It's like waiting for grass to grow or watching paint dry in the NHL for us right now.lol
No that's with all czech sports lol.
Remember when I said czech hockey can go to shit?
Czech soccer is in the landfill currently being transported to the deepest pits of hell as we currently speak.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
No that's with all czech sports lol.
Remember when I said czech hockey can go to shit?
Czech soccer is in the landfill currently being transported to the deepest pits of hell as we currently speak.
But

Our Davis and Fed Cup teams are on the rise!

We will have 3 men in top 30 within 2 years is my guess. Our ladies are sublime when healthy.

I don't follow the soccer close enough... but I know we beat the shit out Georgia today.lol

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
But

We will have 3 men in top 30 within 2 years is my guess. Our ladies are sublime when healthy.

I don't follow the soccer close enough... but I know we beat the shit out Georgia today.lol
Other way around Georgia beat the shit out of us

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Holy shit.. I read that wrong.lol Apologies.
Nah u good 👍

But

Not a big tennis guy but I am a big basketball guy and czech basketball also went to shit as well lol

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Kubalik says he was never interested in PTO's. A return to Czechia wasn't what he was looking for but him and his agent were looking at lots of other options.

I don't know if that's the truth. I'm sure they received lots of offers (probably also financially more attractive ones) but I doubt they were ever really looking at options much. I think Kubalik wanted to play for Ambri. I mean I posted it here in July and the contract was already worked out by then...

Reactions: Fil and Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1726175780053.png

Players of note to me...

Suchanek - out for 6 to 8 months and that is awful!
Cibulka and Mechura are fighting for ELC's!
Ondrej Pavel may get some NHL games in THIS season
Matecha and Spunar are also fighting for ELC's (how they didn't get drafted is a mystery to me)
Spacek MAY get a few NHL games this season
Kulich better be full time! (note: I'm skeptical it will happen and expect salty tears later)
NO Adam Jiricek is concerning to me

Huge year for Sale... a year ago I said amazing year in OHL, AHL this year. Well that didn't happen.lol Hoping he can get himself to AHL but I'm guessing OHL again and that is disapointing to me (but not a death sentence in anyway, shape or form)

Curious how the Detroit guys do.

I won't lie, I've cheered hard for almost everyone on this list! Thrilled Novak (cancer) is back on ice and hope he had an amazing off season!

I would love to revisit this and see how many of these guys get into NHL by 2029. My heart says all of them, my brain says 25% to I'll comprimise at 50%.lol

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
View attachment 906647

Players of note to me...

Suchanek - out for 6 to 8 months and that is awful!
Cibulka and Mechura are fighting for ELC's!
Ondrej Pavel may get some NHL games in THIS season
Matecha and Spunar are also fighting for ELC's (how they didn't get drafted is a mystery to me)
Spacek MAY get a few NHL games this season
Kulich better be full time! (note: I'm skeptical it will happen and expect salty tears later)
NO Adam Jiricek is concerning to me

Huge year for Sale... a year ago I said amazing year in OHL, AHL this year. Well that didn't happen.lol Hoping he can get himself to AHL but I'm guessing OHL again and that is disapointing to me (but not a death sentence in anyway, shape or form)

Curious how the Detroit guys do.

I won't lie, I've cheered hard for almost everyone on this list! Thrilled Novak (cancer) is back on ice and hope he had an amazing off season!

I would love to revisit this and see how many of these guys get into NHL by 2029. My heart says all of them, my brain says 25% to I'll comprimise at 50%.lol
Spunar probably should have gotten drafted. However, Harrison Meneghin, the other draft eligible goalie dominating the WHL last season, also only got selected 206th overall. I'm not sure why. They're both big and athletic. I also don't know what more they could have done. Both Spunar and Meneghin have been extremely dominant and consistent all season long. Maybe Spunar's injury ended up costing him. Matecha has similar upside but he just completely fizzled out in 2024. There are many talented kids around the world but NHL teams only had a total of 225 picks. If you wanna get drafted into the NHL, you can't just tank for months. You need to demonstrate some kind of consistency, especially as a goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fil and Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Whats the current Czech best on best team? Vozenilek on 4th line is a lock imo :D
It's incomplete tbh.. we are in between generations.

F - Palat, Pasta, Necas, Zacha, Kampf, Hertl, Faksa, Nosek, Chytil, Lauko and then we start looking at Euro's like Cervenka, Smejkal, Tomasek, Sedlak, Zadina, Kubalik, Zohorna or AHLers like Kulich and Blumel. (note: Czechs wouldn't take all the NHLers) or in between Jakub Vrana.lmao

D - Gudas, Hronek, Rutta... then we start picking from a different pile too.lol Jiricek, Svozil, Spacek, Kempny, Hajek, Zboril, Kral, Kundratek and Krejcik.

G - we have 8 guys playing in the NHL this season. Dostal is our 1 despite his NHL status. Then probably Mrazek. Then Vejmelka.

It's not a good time. I do think changes are coming and this list will be different in 2 years. We have a lot of guys, hopefully, near the NHL within the next 2 seasons - Jiricek, Jiricek, Badinka, Svozil, Spacek, Sale, Dvorak, Kulich and Hrabal all come to mind. However, they are in the 'not NHL pile' today.

On a good note.. our Euro Czechs have not been this strong in a long time.lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Whats the current Czech best on best team? Vozenilek on 4th line is a lock imo :D
In any case, Voženílek comes into consideration in the fourth attack. If he was a better skater, he would have been in the third. He has the rare gift of being in the right place at the right time. In addition, he is a relentless fighter. Without him, Třinec would never have won the last two titles in the Czech league.
Allegedly, there was also interest in him from the NHL, but he certainly did not have a guaranteed place in the lineup, so he preferred Switzerland.

Last edited:

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
In any case, Voženílek comes into consideration in the fourth attack. If he was a better skater, he would have been in the third. He has the rare gift of being in the right place at the right time. In addition, he is a relentless fighter. Without him, Třinec would never have won the last two titles in the Czech league.
Allegedly, there was also interest in him from the NHL, but he certainly did not have a guaranteed place in the lineup, so he preferred Switzerland.
No way Voženílek got NHL offers...

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I don't have the premium so cannot read it but if you that article says he was offered an NHL spot and a 1 way contract the article is wrong.

a PTO .. yes
a 2 way contract like Rychlovksy or Hovorka.. sure
I don't have that either, but it's absolutely enough to confirm what I wrote.
I didn't claim anywhere that he got a one-way contract, I wrote the exact opposite, that he didn't have a certain place in the lineup.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
I don't have the premium so cannot read it but if you that article says he was offered an NHL spot and a 1 way contract the article is wrong.

a PTO .. yes
a 2 way contract like Rychlovksy or Hovorka.. sure
He is not even one of the best players in extraliga if he can get a nhl offer (of any kind) i need to get in touch with this guy's agent 🤣

He is not even one of the best players in extraliga if he can get a nhl offer (of any kind) i need to get in touch with this guy's agent 🤣
or was because he is Swiss league now

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
In what universe was he not one of the best players in the extra league?:facepalm:
In his role, on the contrary, he was clearly the best of the entire extra league. I am really glad that Mr. Rulík made the nomination for the World Championship. He really understands hockey:surrender

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
In what universe was he not one of the best players in the extra league?:facepalm:
In his role, on the contrary, he was clearly the best of the entire extra league. I am really glad that Mr. Rulík made the nomination for the World Championship. He really understands hockey:surrender
He was good for extraliga but not the best

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
He was good for extraliga but not the best
As a power forward, he has had no competition for more or less the last two years. I'm just reminding you that he was the best player in the playoffs the season before last (the only competitor was Kacetl), last year he was also great in the regular season (yes, he benefited from working with Růžička and Nestrašil, but that doesn't diminish his performance at all).
For example, when they asked Spálenka if the World Cup could help someone to the NHL who had not played it yet, he said his name. I really have no idea what more he should do and what more should be said.
Yes, he is no hockey virtuoso, but as a power forward he was clearly our best. And even such players must be in the team. As I wrote, Třinec would never have the last two titles without Voženílek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad