CXLIX - FINAL thoughts on the Arizona Coyotes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I could be completely off on this, as a very casual very outside observer. The impression I get is it is the laws and politics which is more the issue than ownership, fan support, arena location, etc.

Not as much as you may think.

There's been a long history of pro sports leagues in Arizona taking advantage of the public's generosity towards forking up funds to build them facilities. But IMO the recession in 2008 changed all that.

The Coyotes were probably the most publicized of them all (fueled by the revolving door of ownerships), but the other three major pro teams have contributed their own share of issues.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
Not as much as you may think.

There's been a long history of pro sports leagues in Arizona taking advantage of the public's generosity towards forking up funds to build them facilities. But IMO the recession in 2008 changed all that.

The Coyotes were probably the most publicized of them all (fueled by the revolving door of ownerships), but the other three major pro teams have contributed their own share of issues.
The ability of citizens to overrule government while not unique to Arizona, isn't something every state has. Not every state lets citizens force an issue on the ballot. The whole Goldwater Institute threatening a lawsuit is also something I hadn't seen in other arena issues.

Reactions: TheLegend

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The ability of citizens to overrule government while not unique to Arizona, isn't something every state has. Not every state lets citizens force an issue on the ballot. The whole Goldwater Institute threatening a lawsuit is also something I hadn't seen in other arena issues.
Arizona legislature in recent years has been trying to make it more difficult for citizen initiatives to exist. Don’t see them having any success anytime soon but it also hasn’t stopped them from just ignoring them and coming up with a workaround.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad