Player Discussion Cutter Gauthier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Hah, I think part of the rub is that they don't feel like they got a premium asset back.
Yeah, i've noticed Drysdale gets underrated at Flyers board but overrated at Ducks board.
I think its more along the lines of they got a fair asset back and their GM seemed to prefer an NHL player in Drysdale over prospect + pick. With Drysdale's injury concerns the Ducks probably preferred that route too of giving him up over prospect + pick.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Hah, I think part of the rub is that they don't feel like they got a premium asset back.

I think Drysdale will still become a good player if he can stay healthy. It's hard to develop (especially as a dman) in the NHL when you can't stay on the ice, and he's played 42 games combined in the last three seasons. He's barely 22 years old.

I will say though, given what Cutter did this year in the NCAA and what his trajectory has been, he has a much better shot at becoming an elite player. It might take him a few years to grow into the "power forward" mold that Verbeek wants, but I think looking back on this trade in five years we're going to be happy.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
As much as this is hated by Flyers fans, and no matter what the future brings, both teams got an asset, and Philly also got a pick.

Looking back at losing Schultz for absolutely nothing, it is tough to have any sympathy for the Flyers. It has never really been discussed, but who knows if we get a timely goal or two during that run from Schultz or if we had gotten an asset.

I’ve never considered Schultz a pivotal piece in ‘16 and ‘17, but he had a couple GWG’s that would have been very helpful in ‘15. Not to mention his offensive upside over Lovejoy through our Boudreau years.

John

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
He really does seem like a good guy off the ice. It makes me wonder what the Flyers did to piss him off so much. For the record, I don’t think Philly not signing him after his freshman season was the ONLY thing that happened. It feels like there is more to it.
Rumor has it that they promised him to get the ELC done the instant his season ended in College. After they stalled him multiple times and drafted a player with the same position, who was then hyped beyond belief by Brierè and basically put above Gauthier in the depth chart...well, I'd be kinda pissed, too.

Personal opinion, and not a fact: Brierè also comes across as some kind of creep. I would not in the least be shocked to find out they harassed the kid at College and wanted him to do ridiculous tasks, which he refused to do.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Rumor has it that they promised him to get the ELC done the instant his season ended in College. After they stalled him multiple times and drafted a player with the same position, who was then hyped beyond belief by Brierè and basically put above Gauthier in the depth chart...well, I'd be kinda pissed, too.

Michkov? RW vs C/LW.

We'd better hope Cutter isn't that sensitive.

Reactions: All Mighty

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He really does seem like a good guy off the ice. It makes me wonder what the Flyers did to piss him off so much. For the record, I don’t think Philly not signing him after his freshman season was the ONLY thing that happened. It feels like there is more to it.
I agree. It was mentioned once or twice that his decision not to sign with them was made among himself, his agent, and his family. If it were just about signing an ELC I don't see why the family would have been involved at all. There's something else there.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I agree. It was mentioned once or twice that his decision not to sign with them was made among himself, his agent, and his family. If it were just about signing an ELC I don't see why the family would have been involved at all. There's something else there.
I mean, his family might be important to him and he may value their opinions on his life choices. The decision not to sign with Philly was a pretty big career decision. Id probably want my family involved in something like that.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I mean, his family might be important to him and he may value their opinions on his life choices. The decision not to sign with Philly was a pretty big career decision. Id probably want my family involved in something like that.
If the decision was strictly based on hockey (signing an ELC, where he will play, how he will be developed, etc), then I'd expect him and his agent to decide the correct course of action. Unless your family name is Lindros they really don't need to be involved with those kind of decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad